Any pre-op advice?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
buddypayne

Any pre-op advice?

Postby buddypayne » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:41 am

I'm about 6-10 weeks out. Any per-op advice or exercises to prepare for the procedure?

Jage64

Re: Any pre-op advice?

Postby Jage64 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:17 am

VED as much as you can before the big measure day. Ask your doc, he/she may ask you to stop a few days prior to the surgery just to make sure there’s no leftover bruising.

You get one shot at the measurement, stretch him out!
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

Alan67

Postby Alan67 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:24 pm

Yes, make sure you really want to do this. From what I can tell this works out well for most people but for some it doesn't. I had it done a year and a half ago. It's been life altering in a negative way with ongoing pelvic floor discomfort since then (that I didn't have before) and it's worse after sexual activity. Not saying don't do it. Just review everything first and make sure it's the right decision for you. YOU MUST HAVE AN EXPERIENCED DOCTOR THAT HAS DONE MANY OF THESE BEFORE!! Best of luck to you, Alan

android912

Postby android912 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:54 pm

I am seven weeks post op. Still healing a bit but every day gets better. By my signature you can see it was the best option for me. I cycle 2 to 3 times a day. My pre op erections (bimix injection) resulted in considerable loss of sensation and subsequent anorgasmia because the pain out weighed the pleasure. Now my orgasm (and sensation) is much better…and that was my gamble. I’m hoping in a few months they are amazing and I have great hope for that.

Psychologically I can’t be happier as I have confidence in my erection beyond anything I had before, ever. And that alone is worth it.

As far as pre op prep a little VED certainly can help your tissues begin to stretch. Read all the positive reviews you can. I read Tangerine’s pamphlet every day as my surgery date approached. It helped me stay calm. You will get nervous. In my case it was worth it. Best thing I have ever done for myself. You will please your partner to no end, but remember you are doing this for you.

Bets of luck to you.
65 yo. PCa Mar 21, RARP May 21 ED immediately following. VED therapy. Trimix failed with pain. Used Bimix but losing efficacy and developing scarring. Pills never worked. Implant (Coloplast Titan One Touch 18cm 1 rte 9/14/23) pre op 'BPL 5.75 G 5:25

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:38 pm

I used a traction device AND a VED . In my opinion, it really saved me . Years of ED took its toll on me and my shrunken dick . Fast forward to today ... I ended up with a 22cm titan. Not bad . When green lit to start cycling I measured at 6.5 " in length. Now 6 months post op , I measure 7.5" . I really can't believe it . I was super aggressive with the cycling/ VED post op . I believe, however, it was my PRE- IMPLANT routine, with the traction device especially, that is the reason for my post op gains .
54 - Coloplast Titan 22cm , Implanted by Dr. Clavell in April 2023

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:27 pm

VED and or manual stretching is at the top of the list as many men have size loss for ED. But not as important if you do not have any size loss. It does have proven studies that show less size loss from surgery than non VED or manual stretching.

Get in the best health as you can. Manage any health issues you have and exercise as much as you can. This will aid in healing and make for a faster recovery.

Try to get a copy of your doctors discharge instructions ahead of time so you can get everything you need before the surgery. An extra jock strap, wound care supplies, medications, some type of cold packs, just to name a few things men have used in the past. I used 1 lb bags of dry beans for cold packs. They are dry so no moisture to deal with and do not clump like ice of frozen veggies go. Motrin was required by my doctor to control swelling. Bacitracin ointment for my incision. Not needed if your doctor uses surgical glue. Same with gauze pads. Tape. Some used baby socks to cover their penis. There is a lot more depending on your doctor. So get the instructions and then ask any questions you have as doctors do differ a lot and so do men.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

johndoe365

Postby johndoe365 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:14 pm

Currently 4 days post op.
Make sure u got 3 bags of frozen peas on rotation on ur nuts.
Tight underwear, i use separatec.
Talk to your surgeon about constipation meds after surgery. Im currently on my 4/5th day without taking a poop which is concerning. I was not aware id have this issue right now.
Loose clothing is a must, buy some if all ur clothes fit tight.
Dont expect to do much for ur first 2 weeks.
Implanted Nov 1 2023. Penoscrotal. Ams 700 LGX. 100 CC reservoir.
Left side: 21 cm + 1 cm RTE = 22cm
Right side: 21 cm + 2cm RTE = 23cm

Return to “Implants”