Dr. Hakky Logistics

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Cnidium

Re: Dr. Hakky Logistics

Postby Cnidium » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:16 pm

Nestor wrote:
Frenchie wrote:What is the reason of your revision? 6 years ain't a lot for an implant by Eid

Super curious too. Eid sets the standard.

But I'd like to avoid 2 days of a catheter, which some other doctors do not require.

Kink developed in left cylinder, can explain more at a later time. Can't blame Eid for it, sometimes things just happen. Going with Hakky for revision for a number of reasons, with the biggest one being that my insurance covers Hakky but not Eid.

I'd still recommend Eid and think he is an amazing surgeon.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

Odecko

Postby Odecko » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:42 pm

Yes...WIth fridge and ice maker to ice the buddies! :lol:
53 yrs old...Widowed at age 34 after 10 years; remarried at 41. Diagnosed with PC at 47. Tried Pills, VED, & Injections & all failed. Dec/2021 - Coloplast Titan XL 24 cm + 1 cm RTE penoscrotal. (Hakky)NOW- LIFE IS GOOD!

Anthony

Postby Anthony » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:33 pm

Cnidium wrote:
Anthony wrote:All I can offer is I travel a lot and stay in hotels 100 nights a year. I stay at Staybridge often. You will get an efficiency style room with everything you need for an extended stay. They are part of the IHG (Holiday Inn) group, they are clean and well appointed. The nightly social hour on Monday thru Thursday nights is nice with free wine and beer and some light fare to eat included in your stay. Of course you’ll be the hit of the party when people ask why you are in town! :P

Do they have kitchens in the rooms? I've been on god mode nutrition for the last 7 years, so I want to make sure I can make my own food, which is what I did back in 2017 when I saw Eid.

Yes they have a full kitchen with utensils and cookware
50 yo. MI on 5/30/16, 5 stents, 6'-215lbs active and daily exercise since. Type II Diabetes, 7.0 A1C. Scheduled for implantation 05/02/2023 with Hakky in ATL 3 years on Trimix, lead to PD 55°curvature. Current size: 6-1/2”bpl, 6-1/2” girth.

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:22 pm

Thanks for the info everyone. I'll move with one of these hotels that has a kitchen.

I will also make a new thread going over my need for revision, results, ect. Prob take a month or 2 to get to that but I'm sure it will help some people.

Best,
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

Odecko

Postby Odecko » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:17 pm

Cnidium wrote:Thanks for the info everyone. I'll move with one of these hotels that has a kitchen.

I will also make a new thread going over my need for revision, results, ect. Prob take a month or 2 to get to that but I'm sure it will help some people.

Best,

Good luck...
53 yrs old...Widowed at age 34 after 10 years; remarried at 41. Diagnosed with PC at 47. Tried Pills, VED, & Injections & all failed. Dec/2021 - Coloplast Titan XL 24 cm + 1 cm RTE penoscrotal. (Hakky)NOW- LIFE IS GOOD!

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:56 pm

Can someone confirm where the actual surgery takes place with Hakky?

The hotels that the staff recommended do not appear to be anywhere near ACU.

I can always double check with them on Monday.

Odecko

Postby Odecko » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:27 pm

I believe it depends on how the procedure is being financed. Mine was at Northside because of my insurance. (BCBS)...If I am not mistaken those that pay out of pocket can have the procedure performed in his office. I arrived at the hospital early morning (5:00 am), after the surgery I went back to the hotel for 3 days. The 3rd day I had an appointment in Hakky's office where he took a look at the incision and checked my pain level, took out the catheter and answered any questions. I went home after that.

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:58 pm

Odecko wrote:I believe it depends on how the procedure is being financed. Mine was at Northside because of my insurance. (BCBS)...If I am not mistaken those that pay out of pocket can have the procedure performed in his office. I arrived at the hospital early morning (5:00 am), after the surgery I went back to the hotel for 3 days. The 3rd day I had an appointment in Hakky's office where he took a look at the incision and checked my pain level, took out the catheter and answered any questions. I went home after that.

Ok that explains it. I am insurance on this one too. Thank you for the info.

Return to “Implants”