What exactly is meant by “cycling”?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Injustright

What exactly is meant by “cycling”?

Postby Injustright » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:47 pm

I am seeking a little clarification as to what guys mean by cycling. Simply inflating and deflating your device? Inflating and leaving it pumped up for a certain amount of time and then deflating it? Or does only inflating it to its fullest extent, and then trying to bend it at various angles—Perito style—qualify as cycling? I’m getting different pictures on it reading different posts here.
Decades+ ED; finally ultrasound showed venous leak+arterial insufficiency. Infrapubic (Yay!) implant by Dr. Karpman 8/9/22; with 13 cm distal, 9 proximal Titan. Cleared for new life 9/1/22 and hoping to make up for lost time.

newbie443

Re: What exactly is meant by “cycling”?

Postby newbie443 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:45 am

Cycling-the inflating and deflating of a IPP for therapy post surgery.

Cycling Protocol-the specific number of times to cycle a day and the amount of time to leave inflated.

Activation-the day (1, 2, 3, ect. weeks) after surgery when cycling starts.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Old Guy

Re: What exactly is meant by “cycling”?

Postby Old Guy » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:09 am

You pretty much have it, inflating for a length of time then deflating. Initially after surgery you'll be too sore to inflate, but I think most docs have you cycling anywhere from a week to 6 weeks. Cycling is to increase size and prevent scar tissue from forming. Your surgeon will give you their preferred routine, times, how often, etc.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Return to “Implants”