Inflating 9-10 times a day? Is my local uro crazy?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Halfman

Inflating 9-10 times a day? Is my local uro crazy?

Postby Halfman » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:53 pm

I went for a check to my local uro today and he's told me that i can inflate the Implant even 9-10 times a day without the risk of breaking It.
I had just asked if there was a limit as for the number of daily inflations and his reply was that there isn't.
He explained me that a daily elevated number of inflations of course can impact the device lifespan, but since this things are made up of stiff materials there's little to no risk of literally tearing or breaking It.
I have a Titan and i'm sure that if i get past 4 inflations i put the implant in danger.
Is it possible that there's no virtual limit to the number of times you can inflate and deflate an implant? I'm quite surprised to hear such teory.
P.S. He's an implantologist too.

newbie443

Re: Inflating 9-10 times a day? Is my local uro crazy?

Postby newbie443 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:55 pm

The cylinders of the Titan are advertised to be able to be cycled millions of times with out failure. So this may be the source of the information your doctor was speaking. The tubing from the cylinders to the pump and reservoir and the pump it's self is another thing all together.

Did your doctor give you a specific cycling protocol?
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

CigareVolant

Postby CigareVolant » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:18 pm

I have a Titan and i'm sure that if i get past 4 inflations i put the implant in danger.

My instinct is that total inflations matter more than inflations per day. That is, it may be more likely to fail after ten-thousand inflations, but it doesn't matter whether you get to ten-thousand by one inflate per day or twenty inflates per day. I can't prove it specifically for implants, but that's how most mechanical devices work.

My philosophy is that if I'm getting pleasure from more inflates per day, then I'll put up with a higher likelihood of needing a revision after ten years instead of twenty, or whatever.
Implanted June, 2022 by Dr. Karpman. 22cm Titan with 1.5cm RTE.

ShouldIwait

Postby ShouldIwait » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:29 am

CigareVolant wrote:
My instinct is that total inflations matter more than inflations per day. That is, it may be more likely to fail after ten-thousand inflations, but it doesn't matter whether you get to ten-thousand by one inflate per day or twenty inflates per day. I can't prove it specifically for implants, but that's how most mechanical devices work.

My philosophy is that if I'm getting pleasure from more inflates per day, then I'll put up with a higher likelihood of needing a revision after ten years instead of twenty, or whatever.

Absolutely to all of the above :D
57, ED 10-15 years. Pills, Bi, Tri then Quad Mix Injections- all slowly less effective. IPP July 2022 (Penscrotal, Titan, 22 + 1) @6mo back to OEM--7.2"L x 5.5"w

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:58 am

My doctor didn't say anything about a maximum number of times to inflate and deflate.

But he did recommend inflating and deflating at least once a day to keep the parts working well.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:05 am

When I informed Dr. Kramer that my implant had never been used, and never would be, he advised inflating it "occasionally, to keep everything stretched and healthy." So I inflated it for a few seconds every two or three months. Even so, after 12 years it quit working (the pump no longer moves any fluid). Dr. Kramer then said it could be repaired, replaced, or removed, or that I could just forget about it. Since I'd long since pretty much forgotten about it anyway I opted to forget about it altogether. I don't bother it, and it doesn't bother me; certainly not enough to consider another surgery.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Halfman

Postby Halfman » Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:17 am

newbie443 wrote:The cylinders of the Titan are advertised to be able to be cycled millions of times with out failure. So this may be the source of the information your doctor was speaking. The tubing from the cylinders to the pump and reservoir and the pump it's self is another thing all together.

Did your doctor give you a specific cycling protocol?

I was given a specific protocol and of course i don't have to cycle 9-10 times a day.
However, based on what i read here, i think that the "millions of cycle" advertising is nothing more than a gigantic bullshit.
As a young man i feel that using the device with a costant frequency of more than 7-8 weekly inflations would lead to an early failure. When you have high T, libido and an attractive girl at your side is a huge limitation.
You guys have all been young and you know that there are periods when you have sex 2-3 times a day for months, maybe years. With an implant this is absolutely impossible unless you are willing to go under the knife every 2-3 years. Even the latter would be unrealistic for obvious medical and surgical reasons.

Halfman

Postby Halfman » Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:24 am

dg_moore wrote:When I informed Dr. Kramer that my implant had never been used, and never would be, he advised inflating it "occasionally, to keep everything stretched and healthy." So I inflated it for a few seconds every two or three months. Even so, after 12 years it quit working (the pump no longer moves any fluid). Dr. Kramer then said it could be repaired, replaced, or removed, or that I could just forget about it. Since I'd long since pretty much forgotten about it anyway I opted to forget about it altogether. I don't bother it, and it doesn't bother me; certainly not enough to consider another surgery.

Your story is quite interesting.
If i'm not mistaken your implant quit working and you had NEVER had sex with it. Right? Considering you rarely inflated It and never had sex it should have lasted way more than 12 years.

Postby 516430203 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:33 am

Dude,don't be too pessimistic,at least you can have sex whenever you want,rather than suffer ed.I also a young guy and i am pretty sure i will get an implant.It is give and take.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:56 am

Halfman wrote:Your story is quite interesting.
If i'm not mistaken your implant quit working and you had NEVER had sex with it. Right? Considering you rarely inflated It and never had sex it should have lasted way more than 12 years.

You have the story right. I agree, it was inflated only a few times over 12 years, and I was surprised when one day it just quit working. It should have lasted much longer, but in my case it didn't matter.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “Implants”