Airline Trips

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
gjmjoe017

Airline Trips

Postby gjmjoe017 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:28 pm

Any tips on taking Trimix on a two day trip by Airline?
71 yrs.old married,ED for 7 yrs.Pills for 3 yrs,TriMix for 21/2 yrs.6 1/2 inches flacid,71/4 inches erect,6 inches girth.Coloplast Titan put in 11/13/20,Dr.Bozeman,Arkansas Urology,Little Rock.22cm + 2 RTE.

treetop

Re: Airline Trips

Postby treetop » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:09 pm

I know some people keep it cold, but I purchase from Zion, so comes in powder unmixed form.
So I just mix after I arrive at my destination.

https://zionpharmacy.com/

TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

AirWolf

Postby AirWolf » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:57 pm

When I used Trimix, it would come shipped in a little Styrofoam box -- I used that and a cold pack and then shipping tape to seal it so the lid doesn't come off. Since I have to bring syringes, I would put them all into checked luggage. I never tried to carry on but I would guess that with the prescription you should be able too -- I just never wanted to deal with possible explanations.

I always made sure my hotel room had a fridge/freezer too. (If not, an icemaker worked fine to keep it cold)

Another tip is that I would sometimes try to time out a bottle with just a few doses left to be my travel bottle -- that way on the way home I wouldn't have to deal with keeping it cold as I would just toss the bottle at the end of the trip. Similarly, on some trips I've pre-loaded a few syringes and just brought those -- it seems that the pressure changes due to flying didn't cause any noticeable changes in the fluid in the syringe -- though I would overfill them a bit.
ED since 35 with no known cause -- injections successful for over a decade with 10/1/30 and less than 20units but that became ineffective. Implanted penoscratally by Dr. Kramer of Baltimore on 9/13/17 with AMS 700 LGX 21cm + 0.5cm RTE at 47 years old

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:44 pm

Google "Frio." It's a small pouch that will keep your Trimix cool enough. I've used it on week-long trips with no problem. Another trick is to put the Trimix in a small thermos, say 16 oz. Cover it with ice and put it in the bin when passing through security. The first time I tried it I asked one of the TSA guys if that was permitted and he said it was fine. Since then I have never been questioned about it.

Good luck!
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

once a writer

Postby once a writer » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:18 pm

In addition to Googling "Frio," do a search for it here on FT. There are quite a few posts, nearly all of them positive. You'll get a good idea of how long the little Frio pouch will keep you in business even when there's no refrigerator in the picture.
Eugene, Oregon, USA. Born 1941. Married 1968. ED since mid-1990s. Began trimix January 2014. Dosage gradually increased over time. Added cock ring in 2016. After dosage reached 30 units, switched to quad mix in May 2018. On blood pressure meds.

Return to “Injections”