Trimix at room temp

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Cigar56

Re: Trimix at room temp

Postby Cigar56 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:13 pm

A sealed Trimix vial is much different than an "open fluid bag." The comparison just isn't valid. I repeat: There are no reports of "bacterial contamination" of a Trimix vial that was left unrefrigerated for a long period.

We should stick to facts.

It is true that expiration dates are included on all Trimix vials -- even when they are stored properly. That is because the medicine loses its potency over time. Leaving Trimix outside a refrigerated environment for long periods accelerates the loss of potency. The medical community is unanimous in agreement on that.

However, the medical community has issued no warnings about the possible contamination of Trimix by bacteria. That said, anyone should feel free to discard any medicine, including Trimix, that they have concerns about.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

rahod1

Postby rahod1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:25 pm

It's not an *open fluid bag*...it's sealed sterile saline that was used multiple times.

Anyway...you said all that really matters>>>

That said, anyone should feel free to discard any medicine, including Trimix, that they have concerns about.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:49 am

I'm pretty sure the fluid in Tri-mix is the same saline solution I used to use to mix with the Tri-mix when it came in dry form. I think that would inhibit bacterial growth.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

newbie1

Postby newbie1 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:17 pm

There are two types of saline for injection: bacteriostatic and non-bacteriostatic.
Bacteriostatic saline is sterile, nonpyrogenic preparation with benzyl alcohol added as bacteriostatic preservative. As the name bacteriostatic, it implies that it inhibits the growth of bacteria but is not bactericidal (killing bacteria). So it only prevents (slows down) growth of bacteria but whatever bacteria there are present or introduced by needle puncture or whatever means, the bacteria will not be killed, they just don't grow as fast or multiply as fast because they are suppressed by the benzyl alcohol. Non-bacgteriostatic saline does not contain preservative (benzyl alcohol) and therefore would not inhibit bacterial growth. Whatever bacteria that are present could continue to grow and multiply just like in any ordinary medium.
ED many years, failed PDE5i, on Trimix but recently needing large increasing strengths and doses

Return to “Injections”