Peyronie's Disease and injections

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Raven99

Peyronie's Disease and injections

Postby Raven99 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:56 pm

The first urologist I saw a few weeks ago wrote me back to say that penile injections can cause Peyronie’s Disease (which I have) and are counter indicated re: using caverject injection.

Does this ring true? Anyone have any knowledge on this subject?

Thanks, Raven

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Re: Peyronie's Disease and injections

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:41 pm

The latest studies have not shown a correlation between Peyronie's and injections. But all doctors are still cautious because scarring can occur and each guy is different.
But proceed with due caution and get the penis checked every other month or so for scar tissue and fibrosis. www.peyroniesassociation.org will have good info on this.
use a very small needle, use good technique and your chances of problems will be lessened. Every medical treatment has its risks. I've had patients who have used injection for 15 years. Other guys had to quit at one year. Use the least amount of medication required, and don't inject in the same spot, or in the same day...just to be safe.
Paul

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Paul,

You gotta wonder also (at least I do) that the origins of Peyronie's being caused by injections might have been in the days when they were using Clown Syringes for injections .. those huge needle sizes 28g, 27g and lesser numbers even.

Those are huge enough, really, to be used for cookie cutters. Could punch out some good holes in your good member. What penis wouldn't curl up and try to escape from those?

I am fortunate to be in the days where 30 and 31g needles are the norm. Nice .. after almost 3 years of shooting barely a mark can be seen (although I perceive that it takes a little extra umph to press in the syringe in the area that I have been using all this time but it is a very small area like 3/8" in diameter that I usually inject). So that is like 3/8" diameter times 200 injects (X2 including both sides).

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

TEBozo

Postby TEBozo » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:49 am

I started using Trimix purchased form one of those Men's Clinics in 2010 with mixed results. Couldn't get the dosage right; it either gave me a semi hard on or burned like a bee stung my penis. Was beginning to get Peyronnes a little and developed fibrosis that seemed to go awqy or reduce in size once I quit. It'sbeen 6 months since I have had sex and I'mwaiting to upgrade my insurance policy at the first of the year. Shots were great until I started to get knots on either side of my penis.

jryancey44

Postby jryancey44 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:45 pm

I have been using trimix for about 20 years I have never had a problem,the latest research I have heard is they do not know what causes peyronie disease, and add to that why 50% of men are self-cured and others not.
Most doctors think it is caused by an injury to the penis at some point in your life. You do need to be careful where and how you inject though. I have always used 30 gauge needles.

TEBozo wrote:I started using Trimix purchased form one of those Men's Clinics in 2010 with mixed results. Couldn't get the dosage right; it either gave me a semi hard on or burned like a bee stung my penis. Was beginning to get Peyronnes a little and developed fibrosis that seemed to go awqy or reduce in size once I quit. It'sbeen 6 months since I have had sex and I'mwaiting to upgrade my insurance policy at the first of the year. Shots were great until I started to get knots on either side of my penis.

Return to “Injections”