First time injection

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
engine10

First time injection

Postby engine10 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:52 pm

I finally got the courage to try the shot , seemed like it was working while I was standing up but the moment I laid down nothing . I used 10 and my doctor told me to go up by fives . I’m 49 and a year from having my prostate removed due to cancer . Has anyone else had this issue ?

Musson

Re: First time injection

Postby Musson » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:45 pm

I began titration at 10 units. Went up by 5 units, then another 2.5. Quite satisfied at 17.5 units. I’ve had only 1 misfire in 5 months. Good luck.
63yr old. PDwith 40% dor. Curve. Pre-PD 7”x6”.lost 2 in. due to PD. ED prior to PD. Switched from Sildalifil to Trimix Nov 2023 . Currently titrating Trimix for optimization.

Aviatorboy

Postby Aviatorboy » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:02 pm

Tomorrow will be my first time injecting my Quadmix.. I'm excited but also nervous about it for a number of reasons... 1st is the needle size. . I'm afraid the 1 inch (30 guage) needle will be to long for my flaccid penis and it will go through the CC and out the other side and nto the center of my penis. i also have the 5/16ths inch in the 31 gauge that I would rather try but have been reading so much about the potential for 31G to break or bend inside the penis.

The test dose that my urologist injected was 20 units of Trimix, which worked just fine for the erection portion but the aching was horrible for the entire time I was erect... In additional to exercise I took Sudifed and soaked my penis in ice water in an attempt to get the test erection down.. after two hours of being erect it finally went down and the aching stopped... i reported my results to the doctor that same day and he had lidocaine added to the prescription... However, he wrote my starting dose for 30 units.. I'm hopeful that the lidocaine will take care of the aching but not sure if I want to start with 30 units and run the risk or having a prolonged erection....but maybe he had to increase the amount due to having 4 ingredients rather than three?

RJ_in_Pa

Re: First time injection,

Postby RJ_in_Pa » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:21 pm

Engine10. I am a post RPer and now using injections. My first injection at 5 units was successful. It wasn’t the raging erection that some experience, but it worked, so I started to titralate 2 units at a time. As advised, I tried to alternate from right to left on each attempt. Unfortunately, almost all of attempts on my left side failed. Not sure why. So, I would have to attempt the same number of units on the right side as I missed on the left side, sometimes 3 days later, to see how I reacted. It’s been a long, slow, laborious journey, but I’m now at 15 units that seems to give US, my wife and I, a strong enough erection to enjoy, but not too long lasting to cause concern.

Long story short, proceed with caution. It’s better to try a small dosage and not have a rewarding result as opposed to making a 5 unit jump and end up in the ER with a four hour erection.

Good luck,

Keep us informed of your progress.

Thanks,
RJ
63 Radical Prostatectomy 2023

Sean762

Postby Sean762 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:57 pm

Aviatorboy wrote:Tomorrow will be my first time injecting my Quadmix.. I'm excited but also nervous about it for a number of reasons... 1st is the needle size. . I'm afraid the 1 inch (30 guage) needle will be to long for my flaccid penis and it will go through the CC and out the other side and nto the center of my penis. i also have the 5/16ths inch in the 31 gauge that I would rather try but have been reading so much about the potential for 31G to break or bend inside the penis.

The test dose that my urologist injected was 20 units of Trimix, which worked just fine for the erection portion but the aching was horrible for the entire time I was erect... In additional to exercise I took Sudifed and soaked my penis in ice water in an attempt to get the test erection down.. after two hours of being erect it finally went down and the aching stopped... i reported my results to the doctor that same day and he had lidocaine added to the prescription... However, he wrote my starting dose for 30 units.. I'm hopeful that the lidocaine will take care of the aching but not sure if I want to start with 30 units and run the risk or having a prolonged erection....but maybe he had to increase the amount due to having 4 ingredients rather than three?

Not sure about the addition of lidocaine changing the number of units, but a 1" needle is excessive. Get a 1/2" or 5/16" in 30 gauge (if you're worried about 31 bending).

Aviatorboy

Postby Aviatorboy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:24 pm

Thanks Sean762......i did it last night....used the 5/16ths 31g and it injected without any pain or needle bending.. I injected 20 units instead of 30 units as it was written.. I firmed up quickly...to the point it felt like it wanted to keep expanding even beyond its capacity. the wife liked it for sure but after about 20 minutes of nonstop action the ache became so painful I had to stop... It seems the lidocaine only helped at the beginning...the remaining two hours of being hard was painful.....im glad i had sudafed on hand and otc pain meds.. And so glad I didn't inject. 30 units.

Sean762

Postby Sean762 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:27 pm

Aviatorboy wrote:Thanks Sean762......i did it last night....used the 5/16ths 31g and it injected without any pain or needle bending.. I injected 20 units instead of 30 units as it was written.. I firmed up quickly...to the point it felt like it wanted to keep expanding even beyond its capacity. the wife liked it for sure but after about 20 minutes of nonstop action the ache became so painful I had to stop... It seems the lidocaine only helped at the beginning...the remaining two hours of being hard was painful.....im glad i had sudafed on hand and otc pain meds.. And so glad I didn't inject. 30 units.

Apparently, injecting SLOWLY can help with the ache....though I'm not sure why. Also, men report getting used to the ache over time where it no longer is an issue...but this can take months. I think you said you were using Quadmix so I doubt Bi-Mix is an option (Bi-mix typically omits the Alprostadil/PGE-1...which is what gives the ache) as it likely isn't strong enough to work for you.

Martin6469

Postby Martin6469 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:11 pm

Aviatorboy: bldolnk has a link to a Wedgewood Pharmacy PDF showing Trimix adjustments to change duration, firmness, and pain: "Trimix does not make me fully erect until after ejaculation," 9-12-23, "Injections" topic. It verifies Sean's post about PGE1 being the culprit.

I would try 10 units next.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention to squeeze your length 6-8 times immediately after pulling the needle out. The last 2/3 of penis length, toward the head, has fluid connections between the corpora. Pumping will get some Trimix into the other corpus to insure a straight erection, and might cut the pain somewhat. Keep us posted; I have another pain trick in my bag.

I've twisted a 31 gauge needle with pliers every which way and could not break it. The steel is ductile enough to remove any worry in my mind. I've had the needle bend inside my penis, to no ill effect.
Age 78 in 2023. On testosterone replacement due to hypothalamus malfunction. (Attention depressed guys: low testosterone is a cause.) Healthy health nut but ED due to getting old. Like to keep enough cardiovascular ability to thrust for 30 min.

Return to “Injections”