Auto injects cons?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
RJ_in_Pa

Auto injects cons?

Postby RJ_in_Pa » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:07 pm

The recent post of “auto injects” submitted by DRJ made many good points (Pros) for using an Auto Injector. I am still having major issues with injecting on my left side. Yesterday, I actually started to bend the needle attempting to inject on that side. It just wouldn’t go in. I switched back over to the right, got the meds in and had a successful outcome.

I am seriously considering trying an auto injector, but have some fears about it. Since I feel pain sometimes while the needle is being inserted, I pull back and adjust the angle or spot and try again. I would believe with an auto injector, it’s a quick hit, pain or no pain.

Anyone ever use an auto injector and then go back to manual insertion for whatever reasons/bad experiences? If so, what were the reasons?

Thanks,
RJ
63 Radical Prostatectomy 2023

Old Guy

Re: Auto injects cons?

Postby Old Guy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:05 pm

When I started on Trimix the doc issued me an autoinjector. The injector worked fine but really slammed the needle and mix into you in microseconds. I see there are newer models available that stick the needle in then you press the mix in at your pace. I never used just the needle to inject.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:10 pm

I started without one ...then started using one ..it pops the needle in but you control the mix .. there were 2 rings with mine that adjusted the depth of the needle .. ofr us between my bad hand and her shaky hands was a lifesaver for us.

ScrewedbyDoctors

Postby ScrewedbyDoctors » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:20 pm

I used the fast release Autoinject and I end up with a dent on the area of the injection, a dent that cause narrowing on that side of the penis
I had a trauma 2 years ago, caused me narrowing, dent and shortening. PRP injections three months ago=worse narrowing, and worse ED. Now I only have two choices: impotent or implant. Born in 1975, in a relationship with girlfriend fir 4 years

Return to “Injections”