Dr apt for first injection - what questions should I ask?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
still_crazy

Re: Dr apt for first injection - what questions should I ask?

Postby still_crazy » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:23 pm

RJ I know what you mean. Don't think you're stupid. I have some of the same feelings after my non nerve sparing prostatectomy. I was told after the biopsy..."very aggressive Gleason 9 cancer." I was encouraged to act as quickly as possible to prevent spreading. I quickly got a PSMA Pet Scan and the results were that it was contained to the prostate. I did consult with a trusted radiation oncologist (he cured my throat cancer 5 years ago), thinking I would go with that option, but he suggested that due to the tumor location and the needed 2 years of ADT, along with the radiation treatment, that surgery might be the best option for me. I heard nothing but good reviews about the surgeon. We discussed sparing the nerve on the non-cancerous side (the tumor was on the left nerve bundle), but she said leaving it could leave some as yet undetected cancer cells. But it was a decision between my wife and I. In the surgery prep room that morning we decided not to spare the other nerve. The surgeon told me in front of my wife and several cute nurses that I would never be able to have an erection again. I sat there in some degree of humiliation, but was eager to get the aggressive cancer removed. It all went well, and my urinary continence has been very good. Thankful for that. But as of now, 14 months after surgery, I have very little feeling in my penis for obtaining an orgasm, even though I can get a great erection using Trimix.

After the fact, we all probably think, maybe I should have done more to try and save my prostate. It would be so great to orgasm/ejaculate even if I had to use other means to get an erection. Maybe this would be the case had I gone with a non-surgical path. Own the other hand, it might have increased the risk of cancer reoccurrence, and preventing that was our #1 goal.
Age 66. RALP Jan-2023. Non-nerve sparing.
VED exercise most days, Trimix T-106 (30-1-25), 25 units.
Bending trauma around age 50, resulting in mild Peyronies.

Return to “Injections”