ER nightmare with Trimix

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Sixgun

ER nightmare with Trimix

Postby Sixgun » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:53 pm

Greetings from a new member! I thought I would share my experience with my first Trimix injection just as a caution to first time users. Received a script from the uro for Trimix when orals stopped working. Uro recommended 0.25ml to start and sent me on my way. Thought I would take my first injection while wife was not home so I could see the effects or adjust dosage as needed. Started with 0.20ml to be on the safe side. Got a great erection within a couple of minutes and was really sorry the wife was not home. After an hour, I was still very hard. Ditto after 2 hours so I took 2 sudafed. At 3 hours I was getting concerned so I called uro. His nurse said that at 3 1/2 hours, go to the ER since I had about a 1/2 hour drive to get there. Got to the ER still with a raging erection at 4 hrs. They took me into a room immediately and brought out a bunch of needles and syringes that looked like small animals could fit inside. They then began aspirating blood out of my penis. This continued until they has aspirated about 75ml of blood and the erection was finally fading. The pain of being stuck in the penis with large gauge needles again and again was.....well.....enlightening. I learned a lot about myself that day. Needless to say, I'm scared to death to do Trimix again, but, in all honesty, I probably will at a greatly reduced dosage. Next time though, the wife will be home.

Andy425

Re: ER nightmare with Trimix

Postby Andy425 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:09 pm

I'm assuming .25ml is 25 units? Wow, that's a lot for a first try.

You're uro sounds pretty irresponsible or maybe clueless. He should have given you your first shot in the office. Did he even explain how to use the syringe and where to inject?

My uro's pretty young female assistant gave me 5 units for a starter; it didn't do a whole lot so she said to try 10 units at home. That was way too much; I had a throbber for 4-5 hours. I didn't go to the ER but it was close. I now use 6 units and it is about right.
RP in 2012 because of prostate cancer. 100% ED, also some leakage problems.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:01 pm

Depends on cause and severity of ED. I am at 45 units and at most have a 1.5 hour, 90% erection.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:05 pm

Six,

You did good reducing down to .20 ml instead of .25ml.

But you are just a first rate responder it seems.

When your poor beat up black and blue member is recovered enough I suppose you can give it another shot.

Sorry for your bad first experience... mine was almost as good as yours .. but I knew some tricks for helping get mine down before 4 hrs or so... one is heavy cardio or weight machine use (for as long as it takes to get tuckered out -- willy usually will tucker out too -- even if only for a while) -- but even that might not work with a true priapism situation (which I have never really had).

Good luck next time ...

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Sixgun

Postby Sixgun » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:26 am

Yeah, I was a bit concerned when the uro did not inject me in the office. He did show me where and how to inject, though. 0.25ml is the same as 25 units which the uro initially recommended, and I only injected 20 initially to be conservative.....I just was not conservative enough. Next time I'll try 0.05ml and go from there. It seems from all the posts that sensitivity to all or some of the ingredients in tmix is all over the place. Yes, the member is bowed and really bruised, but unbroken. At least I know the tmix works, now I've just got to get the dosage right. Gonna try today at 0.05ml. Wish me luck.....

Andy425

Postby Andy425 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:36 pm

FWIW: A lot of things (most?) in medicine are not necessarily predictable. Everything is shades of gray; educated guesses.

When I saw my uro's beautiful assistant in June (I was 2 years post-RP, one nerve bundle removed) I asked her that because I only need 6 units, is that a good sign that I may be functional some day? She said not really.
RP in 2012 because of prostate cancer. 100% ED, also some leakage problems.

ohohiakane

Postby ohohiakane » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:01 pm

WOW Sixgun...... what an awful beginning to a long time great solution to ED !!!

It was noted here that your uro should have given you your first injection (Which is a common practice of most of the uros, who generally keep the dose really light just to avoid what you had to go through). They will recommed a slightly large dose when you "go solo". Their main concern is not to give you a usable erection the very first time, but to know that Trimix will work for you.

It is behind you now, you can look forward to hard times in the bedroom as soon as your dingus returns to normal looking

Bill
75 Year Old guy in Michigan, married in 1958, ED since late '90s, then surgery in 2008 (not prostate or other genital) damaged some nerves making the ED worse. Now on trimix

Personal email Ohohiakane@yahoo.com
am always willing to discuss stuff and help

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:09 pm

I had an episode to the ER myself a few weeks ago after injecting 50 units of bi mix. It was kind of embarrassing. Went in at 3 am, and was there for 4 or 5 hours. Fortunately, they did not draw blood from my penis. The doctor who was an attractive black woman gave me four or five injections of sudafed, and it finally went down. Damn, I had an erection for over 7 hours. I'm very careful now after this.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Sixgun

Postby Sixgun » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:23 am

Just a quick update. Tried 0.05ml and nada, zip, nothing. I was actually kinda happy about this since I was worried that I was hypersensitive and that ANY dosage might put me back in the ER. I'm gonna try 0.05ml again just to be sure. Also I want to make sure that I injected in the right place since my hands were shaking so badly, I'm surprised that I didn't hit my foot. Auto injector sounds like a good idea......

spanzo

Postby spanzo » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:28 pm

yep, the trimix can be scary stuff. obviously you want to err on using too little, rather than too much, trimix solution!!

Ideally you should get laid, and 15 minutes later it is getting softer.

But what DO you do when it wont go down?

it is first gonna take some time. If it is stuck, you really do not need to do too much until 1 hour in. Then I would take FOUR Sudafed (pseudoephedrine 30 mg) tablets. TWO is not enough.

At maybe 2 hours or 2 1/2 hours, I would start to use cold compresses (crushed ice in a bag).

At 3 hours I would already be working to get the blood flowing. I would get on an exercycle and pedal for 20 minutes. Walk up and down the stairs lots of times. Do deep knee bends. maybe squeeze the shaft tight a few times to massage it.

The scary thing it if its hard it stays hard...right up till it starts getting soft, and then it gets soft fast. So there is really no feedback when it is going to get soft.

If all that did not work, and I was heading to the emergency room, I personally would pop one more Sudafed tablet...just for luck!
Maybe there are a few other tricks members here have figured out?

Return to “Injections”