Tired of Phenylephrine Hydrochloride with short shelf life

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
bullamhead

Tired of Phenylephrine Hydrochloride with short shelf life

Postby bullamhead » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:55 pm

I am getting my trimix through Defy and having the Rx filled by University Compounding. I like to have the antidote handy just in case but I am getting the feeling that there is a bit of a racket going on in order to fatten their wallets.

In order to get the Phenylephrine Hydrochloride Injection 0.1% (1mg/ml) Defy charges me a $30 fee to send a separate Rx to University. University sends me the 5ml vial (for about $50) but it says that it expires in about 3 or 4 weeks from date of receipt. I find it had to believe that anyone world wide who has vials of Phenylephrine Hcl routinely throws it all way once a month and buys new vials.

This leads me to ask -
1). Where I can get single use vials (say 1ml) of Phenylephrine Hydrochloride at a reasonable cost?
2) Where can I get Phenylephrine Hydrochloride with a decent shelf life? Can it come freeze dried so I can reconstitute it when needed?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated

1760 yards

Re: Tired of Phenylephrine Hydrochloride with short shelf life

Postby 1760 yards » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:46 pm

That seems REALLY short for shelf life.

You could freeze it.

Also, you can buy ut over the counter as nasel spray.

Guys on other forums say it works the same as the pharmacy stuff.

And...while I too keep it on hand...you should be dialing in your dose so that the antidote is not needed. Only have as a last ditch solution.

Taking 4, fast acting Sudafed and some dead lifts, squats, high incline treadmill, etc, and or ice packs should take care of the issue without having to take the antidote.

Stay safe

Martin6469

Postby Martin6469 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:32 pm

I keep Walgreens Phenylephrine 10mg tablets (Wal-Phed PE) in the house. These are behind the store counter and you might have to show an ID and sign a log, but no prescription is necessary. The expiration date is a year or two. I have not had to use them yet, but would probably take many if I needed to, since the oral concentration in my five quarts of blood would be low.

I heard a rumor that they might be withdrawn by the FDA; maybe that's the reason the injectable price is high.

Maybe Dr. Google knows what the real shelf life is of the injectable.

1760 is right. Find your correct dose soon. Keeping a spreadsheet or at least a diary with all the injection parameters is the fastest way to titrate up to safe and reliable injecting. This has kept me from an over-four-hour erection about 350 times.
Age 78 in 2023. On testosterone replacement due to hypothalamus malfunction. (Attention depressed guys: low testosterone is a cause.) Healthy health nut but ED due to getting old. Like to keep enough cardiovascular ability to thrust for 30 min.

1760 yards

Postby 1760 yards » Wed May 01, 2024 10:39 am

I just looked at me Empower phenylephrine and it has an expiration date of 9 months from when it was filled.

So not sure where you are getting this extremely short shelf life from.

frwmw1

Postby frwmw1 » Thu May 02, 2024 10:17 am

I thought 4 weeks is a normal shelf life if it's in bacteriostatic water.

The idea being, if bacteria enters, it takes 4 weeks before it grows to dangerous levels.

A bit like, if you open a bottle of wine, it will turn vinegar at about the same rate every time.

Although a nurse told me she did tests on bacterio static water, and 4 weeks is very conservative, and that even 6 weeks is safe.
45yo, venous leak. Pills increased tinnitus (very rare). Using bimix+atropine, 0.2 of:
Atropine Sulfate: 52MCG/ML, Phentolamine MES: 0.9MG/ML, Papaverine HCL: 26MG/ML

1760 yards

Postby 1760 yards » Thu May 02, 2024 12:00 pm

I can not answer that question but I take HCG and use the bottle for 4 months and it's mixed with bacteriostatic water.

Pretty much everyone in the TRT forums who takes HCG does the same.

As well as trimix and bimix.

I freeze my bimix...and prior to stitching to bimix my trimix too.

Not saying it's right or just because everyone else is doing it makes it right...but LOTS of posts in the forums about freezing injectables and using them for very long times.

I would not stress about it and would not replace it after a month.

Return to “Injections”