Anyone prefer pumps, and what size rings and sleeves

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
BillyBobTMS

Anyone prefer pumps, and what size rings and sleeves

Postby BillyBobTMS » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:44 pm

Hello expert pumpers!
I have been having only occasional success with injections, and I will start a separate thread on that. But in the meantime, I have been pumping for rehab after a prostatectomy, and have been getting better with it. But I have not yet used it for fun with my wife. Honestly, I was just sort of freaked out by the thing at first. But as I get more successful with it, I am considering using it for more than rehab, I am starting to see some advantages. One thing about it is: that rascal is plenty hard every time and it doesn't take long. Plus, no worries about fibrosis or Priapism, so there are some big pros compared to injections if you can get past the weirdness. But I'm thinking sensation will probably be reduced compared to injections, due to the constriction rings?

I am also getting ready to order one of these to use with my Augusta pump: http://uandmetime.com/products/store/#e ... ct=4958534

Do people like these? I hear these help with the hinge effect, and increase comfort used with rings? I measure about 4.25-4.5" around flacid, so I'm thinking I should order the #2 meant for 3.75-4.5. Does that sound about right? I guess #3 would be too big? But they also have a 1" length vs 2" length. I have no idea what to use for a bit less than 6" length

Also, I am getting some extra rings to go with my Augusta pump. I have been doing pretty good using the largest Soma Sure Fit Size Z( 1/2" diameter) and even better results using the other largest that came with my pump, a Soma Sure Ease, whatever came with my Augusta pump. These here:
http://www.augustams.com/store/store_su ... egory_ID=5 But I have heard real good things about the Osbon and am ordering some of those. But what size? Again for my non-erect 4-4.5" girth? ( 6" when pumped up).

Any thoughts or tips are well appreciated!

Bill

Bionic_by_AMS

Re: Anyone prefer pumps, and what size rings and sleeves

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:03 am

Bill,
That sleeve is a good start ... as for sizing the ring ... see if this helps:

What Size Penis Ring Tension Band Should I Get?
http://www.vitalitymedical.com/info/what-size-penis-tension-band-should-i-get

As for limited success with injections ... is it possible you have venous leak? Or the wrong formula?
If you suspect a venous leak ... try using a ring prior to injecting to help retain the injection ... before it leaks out.
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

BillyBobTMS

Postby BillyBobTMS » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:55 pm

Bionic_by_AMS wrote:Bill,
That sleeve is a good start ... as for sizing the ring ... see if this helps:

What Size Penis Ring Tension Band Should I Get?
http://www.vitalitymedical.com/info/what-size-penis-tension-band-should-i-get

As for limited success with injections ... is it possible you have venous leak? Or the wrong formula?
If you suspect a venous leak ... try using a ring prior to injecting to help retain the injection ... before it leaks out.

Thx, Bionic. I have seen that calculator. Here is the weird part: I have always thought of myself as a bit below average, at least in length, but certainly not large length or girth. But, I have measured several times now, and my circumference has been 4.25-4.5. I have taken a string and made sure it was just barely in contact but not compressing. If I put 4+" in that calculator, I get 1.35 diameter. Do they even make them that big? The largest one that came with my Augusta pump is .5".

Does 4 plus sound huge, because I am not. ( 6" around pumped up) I'll measure again, but I already have several times.
Bill

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:50 pm

Bill,

6" Girth is pretty huge -- even if only when pumped. The Larger foam penile sleeve will definitely 'let' you get that big ... I will try a couple test runs tonight and measure what the medium and large sleeve allow as far as final pumped/ringed girth and get back to you.

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:00 pm

Bill,
Yes you are right ... it is somewhat confusing ... and works out to more of a trial and error finding the right size and type. A lot depends on how well you are able to "retain" the blood flow ... some guys have severe venous leaks and require a tighter ring.

Many guys require two rings to maintain an erection for sex ... otherwise one would be fine for rehab/pumping. It's a process ... but one worth doing ... learning how much (pressure) to pump. How long to pump or use the ring without getting the numbness/cold feeling (10-15 min.) Ease of use, etc.

It really helps to shave/trim around the base ...
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

BillyBobTMS

Postby BillyBobTMS » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:10 pm

Thx, guys, for the input. I am def not huge, but I have measured several times, and get a bit over 4 flacid and 6 or so pumped(just measured that once). I didn't know measuring was rocket science, guess I will try it again, since that 4+ flacid puts me over the maximum size Osbon(7/8"?), and way over the largest(Z) that came with my Augusta(0.5"). I simply can not be all that fat! I think of myself as maybe average girth and a tad less than average length. Anyway, I went ahead and ordered Osbon Medium, High Tension - Inside Diameter 3/4 Inch (0.75) #D

I still have not ordered the sleeve. What do you think: the #2(up to 4.5 girth) at 1" length? 2" length?
Bill

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:47 pm

BillyBobTMS wrote:Anyway, I went ahead and ordered Osbon Medium, High Tension - Inside Diameter 3/4 Inch (0.75) #D

I still have not ordered the sleeve. What do you think: the #2(up to 4.5 girth) at 1" length? 2" length?
Bill

I have been using the Osbon medium, standard tension for several years. My injected erect girth is about 5.25" and my pumped erect girth is about 5.75" and as much as 6" after an especially aggressive pumping session. I have also used the medium, high tension band but feel it shortens the time before insensitivity begins.o

In my opinion, if the tension band works well, there is no need for a sleeve.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:37 am

The good thing about the sleeve is .. more comfort and you might be able to get away with only a single ring (the sleeve acts somewhat like a ring). And then there's the swivel effect -- that is mostly cured with the sleeve. I have some pictures of the sleeves themselves and some pumped up views too.
WIll get them posted after editing.

J

Here are the results: sleeves ... rings ... results.

No3_no3_no2_penile_foam_sleeves_top_view.jpg
Compare No3Ext No3 and No2 sleeves
No3_no3_no2_penile_foam_sleeves_top_view.jpg (224.69 KiB) Viewed 7920 times
Last edited by JimStars on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:36 pm

And another view from the bottom:

No3_no3_no2_sleeves_bottom_1.jpg
No3_no3_no2_sleeves_bottom_1.jpg (191.87 KiB) Viewed 7950 times

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:38 pm

No2 Sleeve compared to Osbon d ring and b rings:

d_b_rings_and_no2_sleeve.jpg
d_b_rings_and_no2_sleeve.jpg (197.87 KiB) Viewed 7954 times

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”