VED after vasectomy

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
jdsatx1977

VED after vasectomy

Postby jdsatx1977 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:20 pm

Did a search and did not see this question. So, here we go.

Got a vasectomy done on 10/02/23 by Dr. Leroy Jones (San Antonio, TX) and everything went well. I plan on calling tomorrow anyways to ask, but wanted to ask on here, for the hell of it) if anyone had insight on when they used a pump after the same procedure.
46 m / ED and PD combo platter / Severe horglassing / working toward getting implanted soon

Lost Sheep

Re: VED after vasectomy

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:17 pm

This layman's opinion has no medical training behind it, so take that into account.

Vasectomy is a minimally invasive surgery, particularly if done with the "no-scalpel" technique. The principle danger I can see is if the base of the vacuum chamber puts stress on the severed ends of the vas deverens that might lead to bleeding or opening the cauterized ends (allowing sperm to escape and potentially continue their journey into your semen). Or puts stress on any sutures or healing wounds.

You do not want to take ANY risk of opening yourself up to infection in your scrotum, particularly inside the scrotum.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

jdsatx1977

Postby jdsatx1977 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:33 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:This layman's opinion has no medical training behind it, so take that into account.

Vasectomy is a minimally invasive surgery, particularly if done with the "no-scalpel" technique. The principle danger I can see is if the base of the vacuum chamber puts stress on the severed ends of the vas deverens that might lead to bleeding or opening the cauterized ends (allowing sperm to escape and potentially continue their journey into your semen). Or puts stress on any sutures or healing wounds.

You do not want to take ANY risk of opening yourself up to infection in your scrotum, particularly inside the scrotum.

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense to me about not wanting to re-open that stuff.
46 m / ED and PD combo platter / Severe horglassing / working toward getting implanted soon

AnotherOldMan

Postby AnotherOldMan » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:06 pm

Mine was done over 40 years ago. Long before I needed help in getting and keeping an erection.

I have a mental picture of trying to fit the pump around the frozen bag of peas. :D

Seriously, I would not go anywhere near my groin with a vacuum until I was healed.
Married 50+ years. Use VED for sex and do
daily exercises with both water and vacuum pumps.

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”