Acronyms

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Larry10625

Acronyms

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:28 am

Good morning everyone;
Dave (dg_moore) has offered to look after a new topic for us. When I first became a member on here, despite the fact that I had 20 years in the medical profession, there were lots of acronyms I didn't know. I kept posting questions like what does VE ? (for the vacuum). I'm pretty sure I became a pain in the ass for members who were into a conversation and this newbie kept bugging them. I have also seen some that are wrong. Let's start PMing him with our favourite acronyms (after checking the ones he has please). He will start this topic and tell you how to access it. :D

Thanks for your cooperation ED brothers.

Larry

Anonymous3

Re: Acronyms

Postby Anonymous3 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:20 pm

:D

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Hello gents - I've begun a list of acronyms with their expansions and links to explanatory articles on the web. I have most of the commons ones that we're all familiar with (VED, IPP, PE, LGX, CX, AMS, and some others). If anybody can suggest others for inclusion please provide them here.

Thanks!

Dave
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:33 pm

dg_moore wrote:Hello gents - I've begun a list of acronyms with their expansions and links to explanatory articles on the web. I have most of the commons ones that we're all familiar with (VED, IPP, PE, LGX, CX, AMS, and some others). If anybody can suggest others for inclusion please provide them here.

Thanks!

Dave

WOW, that's a lot more than I was hoping for. I assume that this will be a live document, meaning you can add to it all the time, right? As I said to someone earlier, this is our website and it's up to us to look after it and put supportive, helpful things on it. :)

Larry

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:05 pm

You have my list. One to add for Titan auto inflate and lockout. The one touch release has an auto inflate feature if it is not locked out it act more like the erctions we had as teenages just showing up.

The lock out is after deflated 1 firm pump.
Apparently the cylinders create a siphion effect. Not sure how hard it gets

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:54 pm

dg_moore wrote:Hello gents - I've begun a list of acronyms with their expansions and links to explanatory articles on the web. I have most of the commons ones that we're all familiar with (VED, IPP, PE, LGX, CX, AMS, and some others). If anybody can suggest others for inclusion please provide them here.

Thanks!

Dave

Thanks for taking this on! Here's a few more:

PCa. Prostate Cancer
RP. Radical Prostatectomy
RALP. Robot Assisted Laproscopic Prostatectomy
Dx. Diagnosis
T. Testosterone
TRT. Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Thanks again.
Bob 2.2
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:59 pm

radioradio wrote:

Thanks!

Dave

Thanks for taking this on! Here's a few more:

PCa. Prostate Cancer
RP. Radical Prostatectomy
RALP. Robot Assisted Laproscopic Prostatectomy
Dx. Diagnosis
T. Testosterone
TRT. Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Thanks again.
Bob 2.2

Thanks, Bob - these are excellent additions
Dave
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:06 pm

How about:
ILMND - "I Love My New Dick" :lol:
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:51 pm

Thank you Dave for taking this on. I know I have personally Googled several things while I have been reading posts.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

David_R

Re: Acronyms (humorous)

Postby David_R » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:04 pm

I hope everyone has heard about how we older people sometimes misunderstand online abbreviations. For example, some older people think "LOL" means "lots of love." (So they respond to a message about the death of a family member with "LOL'!) :lol:
The basic rule I try to follow is, if I'm not 100% sure I know what an abbreviation means, I do not use it.
Last edited by David_R on Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”