Your recommended doctors

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
nudist

Your recommended doctors

Postby nudist » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:49 am

When we are considering implant surgery, we all want to pick the most qualified Dr (that we can afford). I hope people can post some of their experiences with their Dr.

Does anyone have any experience with Dr Jeffry Brady in Orlando (Fla Urology Assoc)?
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

Rivrbouy

Re: Your recommended doctors

Postby Rivrbouy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:52 am

I am also interested in finding a doctor who has a great track record with implants. Does anyone have experience with a doctor in the dallas Texas area.

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:30 pm

nudist wrote:When we are considering implant surgery, we all want to pick the most qualified Dr (that we can afford). I hope people can post some of their experiences with their Dr.

Does anyone have any experience with Dr Jeffry Brady in Orlando (Fla Urology Assoc)?

Dr. Brady is a rising star but is relatively young. Another option in Central Florida is Dr. Martin Dineen, in Daytona Beach. Dineen has nearly 40 years experience, while Dr. Brady has 10+ years.

Dr. Dineen reportedly does more than 100 implants a year. Like any other surgery you want a doctor who successfully does them time and time again.

Here is a Franktalk thread on Dr. Dineen:

viewtopic.php?t=6495

I also live in Orlando and I am currently on injections but considering an implant. If I have the procedure done locally I am going with Dr. Dineen. But my first choice is Dr. Kramer in Baltimore: http://kramerurology.com/

If you're paying for this with insurance don't worry about the cost. Instead find the best surgeon you can regardless of location. Spending one or two thousand dollars on travel is nothing if it means a better outcome. Although Dr. Brady does appear to be a rising star, you should ultimately choose the best and most experienced surgeon you can find.

Good luck, and stay in touch.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:00 am

I used Dr. Edward Kata. In my book he's tops. Absolutely thrilled with his expertise and genuine concern for his patients. Done 1,000s of implants averaging about 8-10 a month. Highly, highly recommended.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:50 am

I used Dr. Mohit Khera affiliated with the Scott Department of urology at Baylor College of medicine. Very good, understanding doctor. Had my titan implanted Jan 2016. Had a textbook recovery. Could not be happier. Recommend him highly
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

Rivrbouy

Postby Rivrbouy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:31 pm

Thanks Cincinatus1951! I will contact him.

Jamesbond

Postby Jamesbond » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:51 am

Eid in NYC
I have not gotten implant yet. I have seen him
Nice guy. Has good reputation.
Thinking of getting implant. Have not done it because of the length I
have lost.
50, Straight, I miss women

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:45 pm

As many on the forum have read in my posts, I have been seeking Penile Implant surgery through the Veteran's Administration in Maryland so Dr. Kramer would be able to the surgery.  I have gotten a local urologist and Dr. Kramer on board with the idea but the Maryland VA is finding it difficult to accomodate my desires and the VA in Alaska (where I live) has suggested the Washington VA in Seattle as an alternative.

The problem is, I know nothing of the surgeons associated with the Washington State VA.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these urologic surgeons?  Apparently, these are the surgeons available to me through my VA instead of Dr. Kramer in Maryland.

Paul Axford, MD
Bruce Dalkin, MD
Atreya Dash, MD
William Ellis, MD
Jonathan Harper, MD
John Krieger, MD
Paul Lange, MD
Thomas Lendvay, MD
Daniel Lin, MD
Jane Miller, MD
Richard Pelman, MD
Michael Porter, MD
Thomas Walsh, MD, MS
Jonathan Wright, MD
Claire Yang, MD

I am at my wit's end here and could use any advice at all. I have to make a decision soon or the window on having this "cure" may close.

Thank you, my brothers in ED.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:56 am

Live in NC and drove to Baltimore for Dr. Kramer. Could have gone anywhere but after watching his videos and ready about him, he was selected. Some of the things and ways he does his surgery is what convinced me along with another doctor who said to "Watch his Hands". Here was another surgeon mentioning how skilled he was.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

David_R

Postby David_R » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:37 pm

[I posted this elsewhere at FT but decided to cut and paste it here since it is so appropriate. I hope no one cares.]

My urologist (who was with me through a vasectomy, kidney stone [thankfully only one time!], and then the implant) is Dr. Marc Siegelbaum, of Chesapeake Urology Associates. His main offices are in the northern Baltimore suburb of Towson. Here are his accomplishments as posted on his group's website:

- Chief of Urology and Medical Director of the Urologic Oncology Center at the University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center
- Clinical Associate Professor, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Urological Consultant, Baltimore Orioles [boy, I bet he has some amazing stories he could tell except they are private of course!]
- Director, Erectile Dysfunction Program, Chesapeake Urology Associates

You can find out more about him at http://www.chesapeakeurology.com/physic ... um-md-facs. (And no, I am not being paid by him to share this information.)

Return to “Implants”