Night time semi

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
sliphill

Night time semi

Postby sliphill » Sun May 28, 2017 8:59 pm

Well as most of you might know, I was diagnosed with a VL in feb after the injections started failing. I stopped having night time wood over a year ago. The last two nights I've got a semi wood. I wonder if injection would work now. I'm scheduled for an implant in less than two weeks. But if injections some how started working again, I might think about delaying implant.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

charlesr

Re: Night time semi

Postby charlesr » Sun May 28, 2017 9:59 pm

An implant is an irreversible procedure. As much as I love my implant, I would wait. The medical profession won't come to a screeching halt if you were to cancel your appointment only to make another one in a month.

See how the injections work. It's easy enough to start the process again if the injections don't work out.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

rahod1

Postby rahod1 » Mon May 29, 2017 2:57 am

sliphill wrote:Well as most of you might know, I was diagnosed with a VL in feb after the injections started failing. I stopped having night time wood over a year ago. The last two nights I've got a semi wood. I wonder if injection would work now. I'm scheduled for an implant in less than two weeks. But if injections some how started working again, I might think about delaying implant.

I'm familiar with your story...go for implant. I inject successfully, but you don't. If I were in your shoes an implant would be my choice .

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Mon May 29, 2017 1:42 pm

rahod1 wrote:
sliphill wrote:Well as most of you might know, I was diagnosed with a VL in feb after the injections started failing. I stopped having night time wood over a year ago. The last two nights I've got a semi wood. I wonder if injection would work now. I'm scheduled for an implant in less than two weeks. But if injections some how started working again, I might think about delaying implant.

I'm familiar with your story...go for implant. I inject successfully, but you don't. If I were in your shoes an implant would be my choice .

Yeah, I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow for the pre opp screening. Last night was the third night that I got a semi. Been taking a aromatse inhibited to reduce estrogen. But these night time hardons are only about 40% hard. I have a feeling that I caused scarring by injecting and thereby causing the venous leak, but I have no way of knowing that for sure. Be careful rahod1. I used the same injection spot quite a lot. Switch it up.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

rahod1

Postby rahod1 » Mon May 29, 2017 6:53 pm

Be careful rahod1. I used the same injection spot quite a lot. Switch it up.

Do you know for a fact that you have scarring? Sounds like possible leakage, since you were diagnosed with this (Doppler)
I know Doppler isn't 100%, but given your symptoms along with results...looks like that is a likely diagnosis.
As far as me injecting>>>I alternate between 4 injection sites on EACH SIDE..a total of eight. I inject on average every 10 days.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Mon May 29, 2017 10:57 pm

rahod1 wrote:
Be careful rahod1. I used the same injection spot quite a lot. Switch it up.

Do you know for a fact that you have scarring? Sounds like possible leakage, since you were diagnosed with this (Doppler)
I know Doppler isn't 100%, but given your symptoms along with results...looks like that is a likely diagnosis.
As far as me injecting>>>I alternate between 4 injection sites on EACH SIDE..a total of eight. I inject on average every 10 days.

A Doppler test revealed that I do have a VL, the dr told me I had a 35% leak. She said that I had a little bit of scarring. At this point I don't know what caused it. She said that I actually had above normal blood flow in. I find this hard to believe, because why would a ring not hold the blood in. Seems even with a ring I cannot manage a firmness suitable for penetration.
Ed (sliphill) 68

rahod1

Postby rahod1 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:38 am

If you have venous leakage, the *valve closure system* that traps blood is leaking and a constriction ring may only be of limited assistance.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Tue May 30, 2017 8:17 am

rahod1 wrote:If you have venous leakage, the *valve closure system* that traps blood is leaking and a constriction ring may only be of limited assistance.

Oh ok. What's mysterious to me is this just came all of a sudden. Now that I think about it, a had a couple of failures with the injections towards the end, before it just stopped working all together. But I guess this is not uncommon. I am assuming there is no chance of the leak getting better? I'm seeing my doctor this morning for the pre-opp appointment. I think a penile implant is the right choice for me to do.
Ed (sliphill) 68

MARKOS2018

Postby MARKOS2018 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:29 pm

don't do it unless you are positively sure of what is happening in your situation.
I would go to another urologist to get another opinion of your situation. Then if nothing works for you. seel a dpctpr tjat os reputable in your area.

Wish you the best of outcome

Rod
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:53 am

Hardrod wrote:don't do it unless you are positively sure of what is happening in your situation.
I would go to another urologist to get another opinion of your situation. Then if nothing works for you. seel a dpctpr tjat os reputable in your area.

Wish you the best of outcome

Rod

Thanks Hardrod,

I have seen numerous doctors, I'm 62, I am no spring chicken. Just have to face that fact that it will never be the same. I do believe that I hastened my situation with injections, but that is only my theory. I'm going for the implant in a week. I have been struggling with this for far too long. The injections no longer work. It's either an implant, or no sex really.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Return to “General Discussion”