Having to pee at night

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
ventura

Having to pee at night

Postby ventura » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:32 am

hey guys do you have to pee all the time at night. I had Prostate cancer surgery Robotic years ago. Especially after just having a late dinner with some beverages I have the urge to pee several times at night. Cannot completely empty my bladder. Anybody have some advice or medication that I should be taking, Thanks
Inplanted 12-28-21 USC Doctor Loh-Doyle AMS700 with MS Pump

Anonymous2

Re: Having to pee at night

Postby Anonymous2 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:11 am

Hi V, Just try doing kegels and the reversed ones, if you don't know how to just get over to www.pegym.com your find them just under there head banner, so simple to do and very helpful, doing these should tighten up your muscles this will help hold back your urine, unless your having a bladder problem, if so best see your doctor.

Good Luck

NOWHARD
Your Penis is Affected by Every Aspect of Your Physical, Mental and Emotional Life.

newtoed

Postby newtoed » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:45 am

Dear Friend,
I had radiation and rectal cancer surgery 2 years ago. I wake up average 1 time a night. I found that sitting down to pee will help to empty my bladder more. Try not to drink close to bed time.
Also turns out that I have severe sleep apnea that contributes to nightly bathroom visits. If you are a snorer you should have a sleep test.
All the best.
Age 54, Single, Los Angeles. Stage 2 rectal cancer in 2013. Radiation, surgery, chemo. In remission for 5 years. Some ED before cancer, complete since. 2-3 units of Trimix 40/30/2 2-3 times a week since Feb/2017 with great success!

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:59 am

I have not had prostate surgery and my prostate and PSA are fine. Nonetheless, for years I have had to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I have stopped drinking any liquids earlier and earlier in the day and always empty my bladder before going to sleep, but it makes no difference. I chalk it up to the many joys of aging.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

6gun 44 mag

Postby 6gun 44 mag » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:03 am

Hi Newtoed,

I had severe sleep apnea for several years. Finally got the sleep study done a few years ago. (and it is expensive) But that opens the way for a doc to prescribe a c-pap machine and insurance can possibly help you. A C-Pap will allow you to breathe easy---real easy. If you empty out the pee before bed--real good, stop drinking 2 --3 hours before bed, you just might sleep better than a baby from now on. The rest and relaxation you will get---that is so much better due to not struggling to breathe, will make a huge difference most likely. Apnea is a problem all by itself, that threatens health a lot. Check it out, and you won't snore anymore, and hopefully would not be up pissing all the time.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:17 am

It's funny (not so funny), but I can't empty my bladder completely while sitting down. I know I have an enlarged prostate, and maybe that shuts things off a bit? I also have to get up way too many times during the night. I probably drink too many beers each day and that probably causes that? My wife is a snorer and maybe that gets me awake to go.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Anonymous2

Postby Anonymous2 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:56 pm

tomas1 wrote:It's funny (not so funny), but I can't empty my bladder completely while sitting down. I know I have an enlarged prostate, and maybe that shuts things off a bit? I also have to get up way too many times during the night. I probably drink too many beers each day and that probably causes that? My wife is a snorer and maybe that gets me awake to go.

Hi Tomas, If like you say it is enlarged, do read up about TUNA, Try these links they may help you, but there is a guy on here he's ahd it done and raves about how good its been even got his sex life back.
http://www.johnshopkinshealthalerts.com ... 140-1.html
http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedu ... c-20020196
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/449477-overview

Do hope these help you.

Good Luck

NOWHARD
Your Penis is Affected by Every Aspect of Your Physical, Mental and Emotional Life.

Woodicould

Postby Woodicould » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:53 pm

Are you taking Flomax (tamsulosin) to keep things open down there?
If you are prone to kidney stones, it is good to drink water during the night and go several times during the night. Helps keep the kidneys flushing.
Prostate cancer age 65 with PSA 5.8. Biopsy Oct 2010. Gleason score of 7, 3+4 with perineural invasion. Stage II, T2cNXMX.
Jan-Feb 2011 radiation. Palladium-103 seed implant March 2011 (55 implants). Lupron treatment from Dec 2010 to Aug 2011 (8 months).

Anonymous2

Postby Anonymous2 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:23 am

ventura wrote:hey guys do you have to pee all the time at night. I had Prostate cancer surgery Robotic years ago. Especially after just having a late dinner with some beverages I have the urge to pee several times at night. Cannot completely empty my bladder. Anybody have some advice or medication that I should be taking, Thanks

Hi Something come to mind walking my dog, for one I would not ever know if I had never emptied my bladder, so how do you?. but going on was thinking about kegels, when you do the reveres one you see that to do these its just the same as emptying your bladder, you use just the same kind of pressure, so doing the reverse ones should really help your problem.

So do hope this helps you.

NOWHARD

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:32 pm

BT, when I sit on the toilet doing #2 and pee, I feel like I've finished. When I get done and brush my teeth and shave, I always have to pee again. It's a pain in the ass, but nothing I can't live with for now.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “General Discussion”