No libido, I mean none

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
sliphill

No libido, I mean none

Postby sliphill » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:52 pm

Ok, a little background history. I am a relatively healthy 59 with no blood pressure problems and blood sugar is fine. But ED issues started cropping up about 5 years ago. It had become increasing harder for me to get aroused. Fast forward to about 1.5 years ago, I went to see a doctor, and he did blood work and found my testosterone to be about 350 ng/dl. While he said that wasn't too bad, he thought that Testosterone treatment therapy might help me so I went along with it. At first it was pretty good, could get aroused and get a firm erection. But after 4 or 5 months, I became almost dead down there. This guy didn't test estradiol which I heard, if not controlled, can cause ED issues. I took something to control that, but I don't think I ever figured out the right dose of arimidex. Consequently, I became worse. So after about year of this, I just stopped it cold turkey. The doctor told me I would go back to baseline after awhile. That was about 5 months ago. Well, I didn't feel any better after 3 1/2 months, so I just assumed that my HPTA had not started back up. So I took something called clomid to kick start the HPTA for about 10 days. Waited a week and got a blood test. My testosterone level was real high, so I assumed that it started back up. Fast forward to today. I have zero libido, I mean none. Oh, 2 years ago, I had the blood flow checked down there, and it was normal they told me. Now I have to rely on Bimix to have sex. I do have normal orgasms that feel great. Do I just have to accept that this is just part of me getting old, I will be 60 in April.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

dg_moore

Re: No libido, I mean none

Postby dg_moore » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:28 pm

What do you mean when you say zero libido? You state that you can inject, have intercourse, and ejaculate, but to me zero libido means you have no sexual desire at all. Are you saying you go through the motions of sex without desiring to?

I had a stroke and as a result I truly have zero libido - no desire for, or interest in, sex at all. I have an implant and my plumbing functions normally, so I can get an erection any time I want, which unfortunately is never. Is our definition of libido different, or do you actually have something different going on?
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:39 pm

Hmmmn, when you put it that way, I guess I do have a little. Just hard to get aroused.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:55 am

I was reading another post and NOHARD stated the statins can cause sexual problems. With intrepidation, I started taking pravastatin two months ago at the urging of my doctor even though me cholesterol was borderline. I stopped taking them yesterday after seeing NOHARDS post. I've read about them causing joint pain and other bad things as well. I'm also about 30 lbs overweight. I'm working on that. I think the biggest reason I gained weight is because I snack late at night. I stopped eating anything after 9pm three nights ago. I have already lost a few pounds. I notice I'm starting to get semi hard night time wood. So I'm aiming to lose 30 lbs. I don't think this has helped me. When I first started testosterone treatment, I was 20 lbs lighter, and felt much better. I started taking ginger, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, and garlic. I'm hoping these things improve my libido. I'll keep you guys posted if this helps.
Ed (sliphill) 68

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:35 am

sliphill wrote:I was reading another post and NOHARD stated the statins can cause sexual problems. With intrepidation, I started taking pravastatin two months ago at the urging of my doctor even though me cholesterol was borderline. I stopped taking them yesterday after seeing NOHARDS post. I've read about them causing joint pain and other bad things as well. I'm also about 30 lbs overweight. I'm working on that. I think the biggest reason I gained weight is because I snack late at night. I stopped eating anything after 9pm three nights ago. I have already lost a few pounds. I notice I'm starting to get semi hard night time wood. So I'm aiming to lose 30 lbs. I don't think this has helped me. When I first started testosterone treatment, I was 20 lbs lighter, and felt much better. I started taking ginger, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, and garlic. I'm hoping these things improve my libido. I'll keep you guys posted if this helps.

Unrelated to my ED, I found years ago that I can't tolerate statins - they cause me severe leg pain and depression, no matter the brand (Crestor, Lipitor, Pravastatin, whatever). My cardiologist nags me about resuming them every time I see him, even though my numbers are just borderline, but I can't stand the side effects. I know I'm not alone in this.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Ya know, I have experienced pain in my knees. I mean it hurts when I squat. That used to never happen. To hell with the statins.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Anonymous2

Postby Anonymous2 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi Have a good read through these there all just how bad statins are for you, this first one you will like its written by a US astronaut who is a Doctor and was given them to take, read his story and lots of other stuff by lots of other doctors, www.spacedoc.com
And below is 3 more links from the Uk's Daily Mail its one of our major newspapers.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... atins.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... drugs.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... rated.html
Now these are all packed with more info and including doctors who were put on them, only to come off them, may sound crazy but its all to do with the side effects of statins.
Do hope this helps some of you.

Good Luck

NOWHARD
Your Penis is Affected by Every Aspect of Your Physical, Mental and Emotional Life.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:54 am

Stopped taking the statin 2 weeks ago. Still no improvement as far as libido. Just 6 to 8 months ago I got night time wood. Haven't had it since. I think I messed my self up by doing testosterone injections for a year. Do you think that my estradiol is too high.
Ed (sliphill) 68

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:39 pm

I guess there are many theories about Statins.
Here's another country heard from:

Myth: Cholesterol-lowering drugs might wreck your sex life

Truth: They might improve it. Although there have been some worries that statins might interfere with testosterone production because of cholesterol's role in producing the hormone, a 2014 study published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine found that statins actually increased erectile function by nearly 25 percent.

The science works like this: Cholesterol clogs the arteries, restricting blood flow. Statins lower cholesterol, improving the ability of arteries to dilate, which may help increase erectile function. John B. Kostis, M.D., lead researcher and associate dean of cardiovascular research at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School at Rutgers University, warns that statins should not be used explicitly to improve erectile function. But if you're on a statin anyway, men may see an improvement "within a couple of weeks."
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Anonymous2

Postby Anonymous2 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:06 am

sliphill wrote:Stopped taking the statin 2 weeks ago. Still no improvement as far as libido. Just 6 to 8 months ago I got night time wood. Haven't had it since. I think I messed my self up by doing testosterone injections for a year. Do you think that my estradiol is too high.

Hi Sliphill, sorry just found this, look have a good read through this link, it could be of some help to you.
http://www.healthline.com/health/estrog ... #Overview1
It may give you some answers.

Good Luck

NOWHARD
Your Penis is Affected by Every Aspect of Your Physical, Mental and Emotional Life.

Return to “General Discussion”