Testosterone too high?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Woodicould

Testosterone too high?

Postby Woodicould » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:51 am

I suppose this is a first on Frank Talk. I just found out yesterday that my T is over 600 and my uro accused me of taking T supplements.
I had PCa treatment last year and part of that was taking Casedex and Lupron. My T was down to 3 at one point in 2012, then 10, then in April I had a physical and I asked the doc to check my T. It had risen to 484. Now it is over 600 and my uro is concerned that this will stimulate the cancer. Fortunately my PSA keeps going down and is now at 0.2.
Question: does anyone know of a person/place where I can ask about my supplements and lifestyle to see what might be driving my T up? I've been noticing that I have wood again and I love my new "friskiness" but certainly don't want the cancer back. Any and all suggestions of resources would be appreciated.
I think I have narrowed down my problem to using whey protein. Has anyone any experience with that?
Last edited by Woodicould on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prostate cancer age 65 with PSA 5.8. Biopsy Oct 2010. Gleason score of 7, 3+4 with perineural invasion. Stage II, T2cNXMX.
Jan-Feb 2011 radiation. Palladium-103 seed implant March 2011 (55 implants). Lupron treatment from Dec 2010 to Aug 2011 (8 months).

dtwarren1942

Re: Testosterone too high?

Postby dtwarren1942 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:46 pm

Here are some foods that are supposed to increase T: http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/Headline/l ... /id/503728
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:44 am

The ties between Testosterone and post PCa treatment are debated. First, you T levels bounce around like crazy. Exercise, healthy living, increase T levels. Since you are not pumping your T levels with supplements, your body is doing it naturally. Find an endocrinologist. Unless your uro is REALLY skilled in testosterone levels, he is probably not the source for help with your endocrine system. Did you have radiation? seeds? surgery?
Paul

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:39 pm

I agree with Paul, find a good endicrinologist. My wife has a super guy for her diabetes, he is something and that is a very complex field with new developments almost daily.

BTW, if I were in your shoes and couldn't get things under control and it was becoming a serious concern, I would certainly consider removal of one or both testicles. That is a major issue, but my personal feelings about keeping all my manly equipment would not stand in the way if I thought there was a rick of cancer, it would be bye-bye lefty!

Dave
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

thephenix

Postby thephenix » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:04 am

You might try www.lef.org (Life Extension) for your questions. There are differing thoughts on high T and how it might affect/cause prostrate cancer. Those of us doing T injections have PSA tested a little more often than normal.

Talking to a "good" uro sometimes is a better way to go than seeking out an endo. My uro is very willing to intelligently discuss the pros and cons of T use with his male patients.
73, ED for 15 yrs or so, no prostate problems, pills only partially effective

Return to “General Discussion”