Low Testosterone

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
rubber biscuit

Low Testosterone

Postby rubber biscuit » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:40 pm

I had robotic surgery for PC about 18 months ago. I'm doing pretty good and have been able to have intercourse with oral meds for about 6 months now. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hanging towels from my "nearly" hard penis, but it get's the job done. Anyway I had my lab work done last week and my pcp tells me that my TESTOSTERONE, BIOAVAILABLE is low. Is this a common result of the surgery or something else. I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing similar issues Thanks.
Bobby

Anonymous2

Re: Low Testosterone

Postby Anonymous2 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Last edited by Anonymous2 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your Penis is Affected by Every Aspect of Your Physical, Mental and Emotional Life.

middleagenyer

Postby middleagenyer » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi Bob,

A few months ago, I have some blood work done and I asked my doctor to also test for my testosterone level. When the results came back
my level was 199. I did some surfing on the net and found a product call d-aspartic acid to increase testosterone. I started taking it January 2012
doing 2 weeks on 2weeks off. I went to have another blood test done this pass week and the results show that my testosterone is up to 361.
I did notice that my energy level is greater. I don't know if any of the other guys on this site has used this. I would be interested to see if anyone has used
it and get their feedback.

What is D-Aspartic Acid (DAA)? DAA is a revolutionary new dietary supplement ingredient based on a naturally occurring amino acid found in the body. It rapidly increases the production of the testosterone via the pituitary gland and the testes by enhancing the cellular production of signal molecules that control the secretion of LH and testosterone.

A recent study published in the journal Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology, showed that DAA supplementation rapidly increased testosterone levels in men between the ages of 27 and 67. The day after the study, eleven out of the twelve men experienced increases in LH levels ranging between and 18-112%, with the average being 46%. They also displayed a 45.5%(average) increase in natural testosterone production. Also to be noted was the rise in LH and testosterone in men between the ages of 65-67.

All the best,

Nick

bionic3rdleg

Postby bionic3rdleg » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:10 pm

I have had low T since before I had my prostate removed. It hovers between 120 and 190 without supplementation. I tried the ointments, but they are a hassle and gave me lots of acne, not to mention the smell, and the results were all over the map. I switched to injections, but I had to visit the doctors office every 2 weeks. I finally had my first application of testopel this week. It is a testosterone time-release system that lasts between 4-6 months. They numb you, make a cut in the fatty area of your hip, and insert a number of pellets, which are about the size of one of those small fuses in Christmas light strings (if you have ever had to replace one of those). They are larger than pieces of rice. They put starry strips over the cut, and I was told not to do anything stressful to the site for a week. I believe that this should be the best way to get to normal levels (at least the lowest maintenance approach).

My doc maintains that there is no relation between natural T levels and prostate cancer (although it has definitely benefited me to have low T for it, and probably made my salvage radiation treatment more effective). I stopped supplementing when I had a recurrence in the PC after almost 2 years after the prostatectomy, and until almost a year after the SRT.

newly1

Postby newly1 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:56 am

I've read you get moe bang for the buck if you apply Androgel to the scrotum??? Anybody tried that besides me?

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:08 pm

okie dokie1 wrote:I've read you get moe bang for the buck if you apply Androgel to the scrotum??? Anybody tried that besides me?

I do not think it will help. The Androgel needs to be absorbed into the blood stream in order to be delivered and processed through the endocrine System. I do not believe it is delivered directly through the ski to the testies. Additionally, it is recommended that it be applied to the chest and shoulders so it can be covered by clothing in order to avoid contact with the opposite sex. If you apply it to your scrotum, you will need to wash it off before any sexual activity.

regguy1967

Postby regguy1967 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:46 pm

My URO told me never to use my androgel anywhere but the shoulders and chest.
50 YRS old Have had ED since 2005 started TRT in 2006 have used androgel, fortesta gels, aveed injections, and testapel implants testapel works the best so far. oral meds never really worked for ED used trimix with mixed results.

padreest

Postby padreest » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:46 pm

I had virtually no "T" when I started Androgel 1%/ 50gms. Applied 1 packet daily. Now using 2 because I'm still low. But I can massage the frenelum have orgasm pretty quickly but am only 30-40% firm. Orgasms now 5-6 contractions and very satisfying. Some dry and some just a couple dribbles.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:54 pm

padreest wrote:I had virtually no "T" when I started Androgel 1%/ 50gms. Applied 1 packet daily. Now using 2 because I'm still low. But I can massage the frenelum have orgasm pretty quickly but am only 30-40% firm. Orgasms now 5-6 contractions and very satisfying. Some dry and some just a couple dribbles.

You should ask your doctor about switching to 1.65 Androgel. It has a pump and you can use one two or three pumps depending on your needs.

regguy1967

Postby regguy1967 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:58 pm

I was the same way I had almost no T when I started androgel either my dose is 15 grams a day. Took about 9 months to get levels up. You can get androgel 1% in a pump also much better than the packets. before androgel I did't get any kind of erections now I get sleep erections again, but need bimix for sex quality erections.
50 YRS old Have had ED since 2005 started TRT in 2006 have used androgel, fortesta gels, aveed injections, and testapel implants testapel works the best so far. oral meds never really worked for ED used trimix with mixed results.

Return to “General Discussion”