Young Men and Young Veterans

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Young Men and Young Veterans

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:04 am

Guys,
Over the last several months, we have had a number of young men with ED and also, overlapping, young veterans with ED. I am getting some feedback and interest in these "nontraditional" guys with ED. I need some case stories. I think I would consider anyone under 40 to be in this category, but even some veterans in their 40s would qualify.

If you are reading this, and you consider yourself in this category, please contact me.
If you are not in this category, but can remind me of who might be in this category, again, please contact me.

By getting these guys some help, it can help us all - even if some of us old farts are not as young as we used to be!

my email is paul@franktalk.org.

Thanks so much.
Paul

3mtrship

Re: Young Men and Young Veterans

Postby 3mtrship » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:47 am

Hi Paul,
As a senior veteran who had prostate cancer and ED I have found it helpful to others to do some of the home work for them and then furnish them resources to assist them in finding both decent doctors and treatment within the VA health care system. Dealing with the VA is not easy and many times requires further help from a Patient Advocate who specializes in such matters. I am NOT a Patient Advocate and have only a basic knowledge about these matters.
One thing I am good at is doing research which brings up the following research recommendation for others. Here is a link to the VA Treatment Policy for the Male Genital System: http://www.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries/ ... 2s36-1.htm Many links are contained on that page which will lead you to the complete guide for VA medical treatment policy of all vet's.

Kind Regards Jim

jn1421

Postby jn1421 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:52 am

Jim,
Thank you so very much for doing this research and providing all the VA links that you have. Not only this one but all the others found in various discussion forums. You are a valuable resource for FrankTalk.org

Dave

Rikter8

Postby Rikter8 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Bringing up the 33 Yr Old category.
Where not all Gearheads are Straight.... http://www.bentgears.com

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:02 pm

Thanks Rikter! I can now make a note. We need to find as many 'non traditional' guys with ED as possible. We are trying to fight assumptions.
thanks
Paul

sleeptheclockaround

Postby sleeptheclockaround » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:49 am

I'm 30

allfr1

Postby allfr1 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:52 pm

Guys if you got ED from a disabality due to your military service and take many meds such PTSD or depression, high blood pressure this is just a few you can file a claim for ED and get a 0% disabality which under Special K you get $97.00 a month. This is on top of all your other disabality ratings.
(This is due to a loss of a creative Organ)

3mtrship

Postby 3mtrship » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:20 am

He's right. The VA calls this "Loss of a Creative Organ" and pays if one has side affects from surgery including erectile dyfunction. Also please remember award it is NOT age related.

Jim

allfr1

Postby allfr1 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:59 am

Guys you can get testosterone from the VA. I get 800 mg a month also they give me the needles and syrenges, my wife gives me the shots. I get this in the mail that I order on the VA website http://www.myhealth.va.gov/ They only wanted to give me 400mg a month so I went to my private Dr. and he wrote me out a prescription to take to the VA. I think if you can afford a private Dr. its best so you can get second openions and keep the VA Docs on there toes. I went several years with low testosterone and the VA Docs did'nt tell me, they really don't care about such things. My private Dr is the one that told me, he has really helped me out a lot with my health and helping me with fileing claims with short letters.
If anyone got any questions I will surely try and answer.

Dakota09

Postby Dakota09 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Interesting to read this. I'm on a 30% disability which also lists "ED" among my medical reasons as well as foot problem and hearing loss. Pobably should look into the local VA and see if they would cover my Trimix.

Return to “General Discussion”