New guy, Gary, sayasukasusu, Hello all

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
sayasukasusu

New guy, Gary, sayasukasusu, Hello all

Postby sayasukasusu » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Hello Paul and other members of this wonderful group.

I'm not sure how I stumbled on to this site, but it was after many many hours of clicking everything I could find about ED and implants.

I just returned to USA after several years in Asia. Asia is not fun anymore when one can no longer get an erection. When big blue, injections, or anything no longer work.

So even without an exam, I am convinced I need the last resort, an implant, and though they are done in Bangkok, Medicare will pay for it here, and especially after reading this site and http://penileimplant.blogspot.com/ that you recommended, I am convinced the USA is the ONLY place it should be done, especially if medicare will pay for it.

Now my only problem is that I would really prefer to have it done here in Portland OR, where I am staying with my son, who could transport and look after me during recovery. I am not in a relationship right now, and the thought of going to bed with a new girl friend and not being able to perform is embarrassing to even think about.

But almost all the post I have read seem to rate Dr. Eid in NY as the best of the best, and worth the extra few thousand dollars for travel and hotels, etc.

So my first question for you guys is where should I have it done if Portland OR is not a good choice. Cleveland is a distant 2ed choice. Is NY really the ONLY smart choice?

Thanks for any advise.

Gary

bob1138

Re: New guy, Gary, sayasukasusu, Hello all

Postby bob1138 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:26 am

Welcome to FT Gary.
The following is a very highly regarded and experienced Penile Implant Surgeon in the Portland, OR area:

Stanley A. Myers
NW Urological
2230 NW Pettygrove Street
Suite 210
Portland,, OR 97210
Phone: (503) 223-6223

In the interest of full disclosure, I am a Straight Talk Patient Educator for Coloplast Corporation, manufacturer of the
Titan OTR Penile Implant and Dr. Myers info was supplied to me by Coloplast.
Personally, I was implanted with the Titan in December, 2007 after developing ED Post-Prostatectomy in 2004.
The Implant completely corrected my ED and restored both my sex life and the emotional bond aith my wife.
Just as it was for me and the other Bionic Brothers on FT, the final decision is yours and yours alone.
Hope this is of some help.
Regards,
Bob

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”