I'm new here

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
Raven99

Re: I'm new here

Postby Raven99 » Mon May 20, 2013 10:57 pm

Guys,

Thanks for the support and encouragement. I rechecked my uro’s profile page at UCSF Med Center and it says he was one of the first uro’s to use penile infections for ED. So very puzzled why he emphasized the pain aspect so much. I got his email address and will write to ask him if that’s because there’s more pain if one has Peyronie’s Disease.

Still, I think I need to see another uro who’s got a better bedside manner in dealing with ED. Because if I let the doc give me a shot to see what it’s like I need someone gentle and reassuring or I’ll freak out.

I became used to giving myself shots for various CFS treatments, such as B-12. I was terrified at the idea back then but my CFS doc at the time was so good at giving me shots that he demonstrated how it can be painless. Once I began to give myself shots I’d occasionally do it not quite right and experience a small prick of pain. But by that point I knew how minor the pain was so I lost my fear. That’s what I’m hoping for with Trimex.

Does anyone here know a uro in the SF Bay Area? I’m not sure how to look other than via YELP which can be confusing.

Btw, the Peyronie’s drug he said would be approved by Sept is called “Xiaflex”. It’s already approved for another rare condition. I thought it would be a pill such as Trental which I just started but it’s shot and a series of shots in the area of the penis where the scarring or calcification occurs. So not something to look forward to at the moment.

Also, if anyone’s interested I found a great website/blog by a guy in Europe about all things Peyronie’s and treatments he’s tried:

http://www.mypeyronies.com/recommended- ... -plan.html

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Tue May 21, 2013 10:31 am

Several guys here had implant surgery done by Dr. Edward Karpman in Mountain View. They all seem to have really liked him and his work. That's not to say you have to have an implant but it is one of the options. I'm seeing him on the 30th.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Nick,

I'm Dave, welcome to FT. I'm a MWM (40 yrs in July) who got an implant in 2011. As you have already discovered, inside the "walls" of FT, we don't care what you do with your penis, we just want to get you to a point that it gets hard so you can do your thing. Envision an auditorium full of naked men with erections all cheering you because you have this fabulous hard on and a grin from ear to ear. That's where you are.

Doctors, even the good ones don't understand anything that isn't in medical terms. It sounds like your guy saw a bent penis and went into auto-pilot. You need to find someone who will listen to the whole story. There is one out there. Good luck and hang in there!
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

Raven99

Postby Raven99 » Wed May 22, 2013 2:25 am

A very helpful conversation:

I saw my new allergist today and we got to talking about needles and shots. For some reason I told him I’d been diagnosed with Peyronie’s Disease and there was a new medication that may be available later this year but it involves a series of injections to penis directly into the placque buildup. And that sounded painful.

He says, Oh, it isn’t painful. I have ED and have been giving myself shots for years. I could have hugged him at that point. He’s in I dunno early 60s to early 70s and said he’s had ED for a very long time. I asked the name of his urologist but he doesn’t have one. just Rx’ed it for himself and gives himself shots. And he’d tried seeing a sex therapists, etc. and he finally realized it wasn’t really a psychological problem. Said he uses prostaglandin (sp?) and it’s never lost effectiveness.

So that clarifies a lot for me and I do have to find another ED friendly urologist asap.

Woodicould

Postby Woodicould » Mon May 27, 2013 1:49 pm

I'm a little behind on reading posts, but hopefully I'm not too late for this to maybe help.
With your mention of chronic fatigue and other problems I wonder if you have what is called a leaky gut. That is where the intestine gets small holes in it and leaks undigested food into the blood steam. The simple cure is to take a good probiotic. I'm sure if you google "leaky gut" you can find out more.
Prostate cancer age 65 with PSA 5.8. Biopsy Oct 2010. Gleason score of 7, 3+4 with perineural invasion. Stage II, T2cNXMX.
Jan-Feb 2011 radiation. Palladium-103 seed implant March 2011 (55 implants). Lupron treatment from Dec 2010 to Aug 2011 (8 months).

Raven99

Postby Raven99 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:02 pm

Thanks for the tips but I've had CFS for 20 years and pretty familiar with leaky gut syndrome. Been on probiotics for ages. Actually once got tested at a lab for leaky guy and the results were negative. Everything vis a vis CFS is a mass of confusion other than that among patients and docs who treat it believe it is a neuro immune disease, ie as if someone took a whack at immune system and central nervous system with a baseball bat and everything out of balance. I'd blame CFS for ED but had ED problems before CFS and until a few years ago I could at least masturbate easily. Now nada.

Raven

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”