New guy from Michigan

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
kzvcl4

New guy from Michigan

Postby kzvcl4 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to this forum.

I’m 5’ 11”, currently weigh 203 lbs. , very happily married to my wife for 15 years and live in Dearborn Heights, Michigan. I’ll be 61 in April and have had ED for at least 10 years. My Bp is well controlled with daily dosage of 10 mg Lisinopril. And I’m at the early stages of Type 2 diabetes which is also under control using a twice daily dosage of Janumet.

Last year my endocrinologist discovered a benign nodule on the left side of my thyroid, which was successfully treated with radioiodine therapy and now the right side has successfully taken over full functionality and my Thyroid values are back to normal.

My testosterone levels have been checked by multiple doctors at multiple times and have always been at the upper end of the spread. Still I had no energy and continued to gain 1.5lbs per week despite consuming only 1500 calories and performing 90 minutes of moderate exercise 6 days a week.

Further testing proved that my body was no longer producing growth hormone, which I have come to understand is essential and needed all your life. For 6 months I’ve been on a daily injection of 1 mg Norditropin. And I’m back to my old self with energy and drive once again. My weight has come back down from a high of 226 lbs and is heading toward my goal of 190 lbs.

I’ve had an enlarged prostate and until recently used a variety of meds to maintain reasonable urine flow at the same time as keeping the frequency to a tolerable level. But last fall, the meds became ineffective and the urine stream became weak, flow rate was almost down to a trickle and frequency was every 2 hours round the clock.

My urologist successfully performed green light laser surgery, eliminating the need for all the drugs I was taking for this condition. And once again I have full functionality with no side effects of incontinence or retrograde ejaculation.

This brings me to the current day that my health is almost as good as it can be with the exception of not having erections. I had hoped that with everything that was fixed, I would regain the ability to have natural erections. But that’s still not the case today. The only way I can get an erection is to use an injection of Edex.

And so I’ve been searching the internet to see if there is anything I can do on my own to restore this basic male function. I came across the PE (Penis Enlargement) site and in the ED forum refrenced this site….so here I am.

From the preliminary reading, it appears there’s much I can do, and I’m open to any advice on how to attack this problem in an orderly and organized manner. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I look forward to “hard days” ahead. –Stan

Bionic_by_AMS

Re: New guy from Michigan

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:41 am

Stan ... Welcome to FT ...
You are certainly fighting an uphill battle between high blood pressure and Diabetes ... most likely the Edex is the best option for you at this time. Has your URO suggested any other options like pills, or VED (vacuum erection device)?
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

kzvcl4

Re: New guy from Michigan

Postby kzvcl4 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:54 am

Thanks Bionic_by_AMS for your insight. I know the battle is uphill, but I'm not quite ready to accept the status quo. After trying everything possible, then I can accept that injections may be the only way possible.

I started out with the pills and eventually my body got used to them and they were no longer effective. I tried the VED but was not happy with the constriction ring. I was unaware of some of the other aids that are now available from info from this site. I think I'll give the collar and new shape constriction ring a try.

I was also thinking about using the bathmate while I'm in the hot tub to start exercising the penis and getting blood flow back to the cells. I no longer get any night erections.

And I think I'll also try the malehanger product and see if these things will help. Will keep you posted. -Stan

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”