I am a new member w/ an implant

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
treifsnyder

I am a new member w/ an implant

Postby treifsnyder » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:26 pm

I am a prostate cancer survivor. I had a Coloplast penile implant. I have very vivid details and strong opinions about all parts of the process. If this can be of help to others, then I feel I've given back to my fellow man. Best of luck with the penile implant journey. I'd be happy to be a guide.

bob1138

Re: I am a new member w/ an implant

Postby bob1138 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:19 am

Welcome to FT.
I am a fellow Prostate Cancer survivor and was implanted with the Coloplast Titan in December 2007 after developing
ED Post-Prostatectomy in 2004.
The Titan completely corrected my ED and restored my sex life and the emotional bond with my wife.
Thanks for sharing your story and making your Implant experiences available to other FT Brothers who may be
considering this ED Treatment Modality.
Happy New Year.

Bob

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:50 am

Welcome!

Another implanted Prostate Cancer survivor here. AMS 700LGX user. 13 years post cancer, 8 weeks post implant. Glad to have you here.

Dave
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

irishguy

Postby irishguy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:45 pm

Hey thanks for helping out others with this decision....

so im getting an implant on the 19th mar, im 26 and looking for information on implants
and especially the titan otr...

my urologist wants to go with either the titan otr or the ams cx.. he doesnt like the ams lgx for whatever reason.

so currently i would pick the titan over the cx...

could you explain the pros and cons of your implant?
did you have peyronies or prostatectomy before your implant?
do you get engorement of the glans?
what is the size difference before and after implant?

with the titan do you feel you have a semi all the time?

thanks for your help in this
Eoin
Age 34 Implanted with a 20cm Titan, Mar 19 2013, By Doctor David Ralph in London England,
8 years with implant and after a rocky start I’m very happy with the implant

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Eoin,

I can think of one reason for your urologist not wanting to implant the LGX model. With its extra expansion mode it may have a somewhat shorter life span though I am not sure.

One thing you will definitely want to check out is the ease of replacement on the various models and manufacturers. You will definitely be replacing your unit at least once in your lifetime if not three times. Even if the implants last twenty years, you could need to replace it three times, two is probably definite. You have one more variable us old farts don't have to consider.

Dave
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

irishguy

Postby irishguy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:40 pm

Dave thanks for that.. I didnt even think to ask about ease of replacement... And the amount i plan to use it.. It will have a short life span;-)
Age 34 Implanted with a 20cm Titan, Mar 19 2013, By Doctor David Ralph in London England,
8 years with implant and after a rocky start I’m very happy with the implant

Jbcsatx

Postby Jbcsatx » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:22 pm

Love your outlook Irishguy! You are young and you have an entire life ahead of you! Wish I would have had the implant when I was your age. I hope you get many years out of it and lots of hard times! Good hard times that is! I talked to a fellow implantee that has the CX model which I recieved 3 months ago and he has had his for 12 years and said he had given it enough use that it should be worn out but it was still working well--put a smile on my face because at the time the last thing on my mind was going through the surgery again!! Jim

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”