Hello guys. Just found FT

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
bigjoe

Hello guys. Just found FT

Postby bigjoe » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:45 pm

I just found this forum from another forum http://www.healingwell.com. Had Davinci Robotic surgery Nov. 14. Said all cancer was contained in Prostate. Had catheter in for 12 days. Going through 8+ pads/day with incontinence. Don't know what future holds in certain depts. Just wanted to connect with other guys who've been there. I'm 65.

Cajun Jeff

Re: Hello guys. Just found FT

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi Joe. Welcome to FT I am also a member of Healingwell.com There are several of us that are on both boards. This board deals more with the ED part of our recovery. Some of the guys have ED for other reasons but we are all in that same battle to get hard again.

If you have questions feel free to shoot them here. No topics are off limits.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

buckster

Postby buckster » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:43 am

Welcome to FT bigjoe. At 6 weeks your body is still in the healing process. Kegal exercises are very important at this point. I made the best progress between weeks 6-8. I'm about 99% now. Still have the occasional tiny leak with stress and sometimes at orgasm. If your doctor was like mine, they make it sound so simple. "Just a minor surgery and you'll be back to normal in a few weeks." The hardest part for me was keeping my mind in the right place. If you’re like most you'll soon find that you will have a new "normal" to get acquainted with. Good luck and remember the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
Buck
Age 68. Married 49 years. Location Oregon. PCa at age 56. Open RP surgery and radiation treatment. Oral or injection drugs didn't work. Implanted 10/13/20. Titan Narrow Base 18cm with 1cm left and 1.5cm right rear tip extenders.

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Been 13 years since the Radical Prostatectomy here, incontinence problem quickly resolved down to having to go more often. Just couldn't hold it as well. It took a week or so after catheter removal to get to that point.

The other side of the coin, usable erection never came back on their own. Used injections for many years, but they quit and I now have an implant. Hang in there; there is life and sex after PCa.

Still working the kinks out of the implant style of live, only 7 weeks post surgery. THE IMPLANT WORKS! No place to go in a hurry, but not a bad place.

Dave
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

gerryp

Postby gerryp » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:01 am

Hi Big Joe!

I had my prostatectomy in 2003 at age 65. No real problems with incontinence after catheter removal and daily workouts with Kegel exercises. One thing, though, I had traveled to Miami to a high-volume surgeon and then was followed up by my local uro doc. Neither the local nor the Miami doc gave decent instructions on exactly how to do the Kegels. So I got online and found excellent instructions from, I think it was Walter Reed Army Medical Center. They quickly got me in shape to get away from any need for pads.

One more thing--I have struggled with ED ever since the surgery, trying all of the pills, VED, and shots. Most worked to some extent but were never really satisfactory. So I have recently decided to get an implant. The reason I bring this up is that I have noticed in this forum some of the guys have gotten implants within a year of their prostatectomies. Implant technology today is better than it was in 2003, but I do wish I had come to this decision sooner. Would have saved me (and my wife!) a lot of frustration. When you're a little farther along in your healing process, check it out and see if it might be right for you.

Gerry
Implant surgery March 8 with Dr. Francois Eid in NYC.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”