SuthrnGentleman from Birmingham, Alabama

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
SuthrnGentleman

SuthrnGentleman from Birmingham, Alabama

Postby SuthrnGentleman » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:36 am

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am from Birmingham, Alabama. I am married to my second wife, and I have 3 children. I am 44 years old, and have suffered in silence for the past 8 years. I have been approved for the Coloplast Titan OTR IPP and my surgery date is scheduled for January 23, 2013.

I am an avid scuba diver, and was wondering if anyone has had any side affects from the implant while diving at depth. I only ask this due to the external pressures being placed on the torso and any internal device while at depth. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by SuthrnGentleman on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listen with your eyes, See with your heart, Love with your hands!

radiodec

Re: SuthrnGentleman from Birmingham, Alabama

Postby radiodec » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:56 pm

Welcome to the group.

I am in Portland, TN and been married for 42 years. Just got an AMS700LGX implant and waiting on things to heall to the point where I can use it. Been on this group since late August, implanted 11/7. Lots of good information and good people here.

Glad to meet you.

Radiodec
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:05 pm

Welcome to FT.
I was implanted with the Coloplast Titan in December 2007 after developing ED Post-Prostatectomy in 2004.
The Implant completey corrected my ED and restored my sex life and the emotional bond with my wife.
Re your question about diving at depth Post-Implant, you might want to call Coloplast and run it by someone in their
Tech-Support Group. Just a thought.
Best of luck,

Bob

bama1gem

Postby bama1gem » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:38 pm

On the Scuba Diving, I did a little googling, as I was/am a scuba diver, just getting to old and lazy to do it anymore. From what I have read and personal knowledge, your not going to compress a liquid and I don't believe you are going to have any gas in there. I think you and the ladies with the implants are both safe. With that being said, here is a story about I guy that got an erection every time he went diving, kind of funny but between his tight wet suit and another complication his valve was in the open position, and when he dived, the liquid moved into his penis causing an erection... A doctor responded to his question.. http://www.e-med.co.uk/diving/dive_ques ... ub_cat=114 you may have to cut and paste this link.

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”