Advice on Implant Doctor

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
johnnydurbin83
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:39 pm

Advice on Implant Doctor

Postby johnnydurbin83 » Fri Oct 09, 2026 10:36 am

Background:
- 47 years old
- ED for 10 years, trimix the last 2 years
- Peyronies developed in May 2026 year suspected after incidents in December 2025. I’ve used RestoreX for 1.5 months alongside daily 5mg Cialis, pentoxifylline, and L-citrulline. Standing photos make it look closer to 20° due to gravity, but horizontal/non-weighted erection reveals roughly 40° with noticeable hinge instability. It is too unstable for penetration.
- Type 2 diabetic for 20 years uncontrolled for 10 of those years but been under control for 2 years.
- Large size (7.5" and quite large girth)
- Chicago area
- I've seen two doctors but none have done a doppler or seen me erect except via pictures (2 pictures - one standing gravity assisted showing 20 degree and another laying showing 40 degree)
- Doctor 1 - does 45 implants a year, 70% Boston Scientific 30% Coloplast - Immediately told me my only options is xiaflex of implant and I was uncomfortable with him making such a quick decision - Works out of a sugery center reducing cost but after a follow up appointment I have a high level of comfort. I have preapproval in hand and surgery scheduled for end of November.
- Doctor 2 - head of reconstructive urology for Chicagos largest hospital system, professor at University of Chicago, does 30 implants a year - Didn't believe the 40 degree picture and told me to live with it as 20 degrees is normal. Reluctantly schedueld a doppler coming up in 1-2 weeks.

The polar opposite opinion has me hesitant.

Questions:
1. I also have an appointment with Dr. Levine in mid November. Is there good reason to wait him out? For those who have used him, what was his timeline post appointment for surgery? Does he use Uropartners surgery center or Rush hospital? If Dr. Levine uses hospital, it will increase costs significantly and possibly be harder for insurance approval.
2, I was shocked at how quickly my doctor moved toward IPP recommendation. For those who had a hinge defect on top of long-term injection-dependent ED: Did you regret waiting out the full stabilization timeline before doing an IPP, or did you find the in-office induced erection/Doppler critical before pulling the trigger?
3. Am I a complicated case which requires Dr. Levine?
4. What questions should I ask (and answers to look for) as it relates to length preservation and intraoperative remodeling for the curve?
5. I'm leaning toward the Coloplast due to my girth and hinge curve (Coloplast is more rigid) - Both my current doctor and Dr. Levine seem to prefer (and have more experience with) Boston Scientific. Thoughts on sticking with the Coloplast?

Given the cost savings, existing insurance approval and scheduled surgery I'm leaning toward my current doctor. THoughts on moving to Dr. Levine? I can afford the additional cost if it adds value.

whatevery
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2025 3:10 pm

Re: Advice on Implant Doctor

Postby whatevery » Fri Oct 09, 2026 10:47 am

There is definitely a good reason to wait for Dr. Levine imho. Still, doesn't guarantee you anything (nothing does) but this is a high volume implanter with stellar reputation. Many members on this forum had been implanted by him.
65 yrs old.
ED since about 2000.
Just moved to Trimix from Edex few months ago.
Implant doctor shopping now but doing BPH first.


Return to “Implants”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, alans4570, amazonbot, mspokane, Norris and 274 guests