19 years old, Implant Surgery Scheduled

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
WindWizard

Re: 19 years old, Implant Surgery Scheduled with Dr. Karpman!

Postby WindWizard » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:49 am

LeftCoaster wrote:Hello, I recently (August 27th) had my Coloplast Titan implanted by Dr Karpman at the El Camino Hospital in Los Gatos. So far so good! Dr. K had 5 implants on the 27th (3 AMS, 2 Coloplast). I decided on Coloplast based on my research.

His staff are excellent. The team at El Camino Hospital top notch as well. I think I went under around 3:00 pm, and after recovery, was in my hospital room by 4:30. Dr. K checked in with me after my operation. The incision was less than the length of my thumb. There's also a separate tube inserted, very small, for drainage.

The first week was uncomfortable: swelling, bruising, and pain. Of course Dr Karpman will prescribe any pain killers necessary for you to manage the pain.

In the first week I confess to self doubts, but things get better. The first week a little tough, but as I've read often posted by other 'bionic brothers' it takes time but it will be worth it. On Day 11 things for much better, not sure why other than the healing process takes time. It was 2 weeks from today that I had my surgery, I cycle fully. The pain is negligible. I know I'm early in the process but I'm really excited about this process. I wish you well. I'm sure you'll have a great experience with him.

Good luck!

Hey LeftCoaster!

Great to hear from a recent implantee! Thanks for the encouraging words! Hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions.

First, Karpman said during my phone consult that he'd like to see me a week after surgery to teach me how to cycle and make sure everything is healing properly. Did you see him a week after your surgery? If so, did you schedule that appointment ahead of time, or is that something that's scheduled after your surgery? I only ask because I'm currently not scheduled for a follow up appointment a week later and I wanna know if I should get on that!

Second, did you lose any noticeable length following your surgery? I see you went with a Titan. I'd kind of like have a Titan implanted because my girth is a bit lacking, but I don't want to do that if I'm going to lose a considerable amount of length I won't get back with a Titan.

Thanks!
20 years old. Severe ED for the past 5 years due to scar tissue.
Tried shockwave therapy in Greece, and PRP shot from Dr. Goldstein in San Diego. Both with no results.
Implanted with a AMS LGX 18cm + 2 RTEs, performed by Dr. Edward Karpman - 10/8/2019

LeftCoaster

Re: 19 years old, Implant Surgery Scheduled with Dr. Karpman!

Postby LeftCoaster » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:17 am

WindWizard wrote:
LeftCoaster wrote:Hello, I recently (August 27th) had my Coloplast Titan implanted by Dr Karpman at the El Camino Hospital in Los Gatos. So far so good! Dr. K had 5 implants on the 27th (3 AMS, 2 Coloplast). I decided on Coloplast based on my research.

His staff are excellent. The team at El Camino Hospital top notch as well. I think I went under around 3:00 pm, and after recovery, was in my hospital room by 4:30. Dr. K checked in with me after my operation. The incision was less than the length of my thumb. There's also a separate tube inserted, very small, for drainage.

The first week was uncomfortable: swelling, bruising, and pain. Of course Dr Karpman will prescribe any pain killers necessary for you to manage the pain.

In the first week I confess to self doubts, but things get better. The first week a little tough, but as I've read often posted by other 'bionic brothers' it takes time but it will be worth it. On Day 11 things for much better, not sure why other than the healing process takes time. It was 2 weeks from today that I had my surgery, I cycle fully. The pain is negligible. I know I'm early in the process but I'm really excited about this process. I wish you well. I'm sure you'll have a great experience with him.

Good luck!

Hey LeftCoaster!

Great to hear from a recent implantee! Thanks for the encouraging words! Hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions.

First, Karpman said during my phone consult that he'd like to see me a week after surgery to teach me how to cycle and make sure everything is healing properly. Did you see him a week after your surgery? If so, did you schedule that appointment ahead of time, or is that something that's scheduled after your surgery? I only ask because I'm currently not scheduled for a follow up appointment a week later and I wanna know if I should get on that!

Second, did you lose any noticeable length following your surgery? I see you went with a Titan. I'd kind of like have a Titan implanted because my girth is a bit lacking, but I don't want to do that if I'm going to lose a considerable amount of length I won't get back with a Titan.

Thanks!

WW,

Sorry for the departed response. I just saw your questions.

#1 First follow-up with Karpman was 9 days àfter surgery. Second follow-up 2 weeks later. His office called to schedule me. Green lighted for sex, exercise, golf after the second follow-up (approximately 23 days post surgery).

#2 Size seems fine. I may have lost a little. I honestly don't know I never measured as my ED was not allowing me to stay erect and hard. My main issue is now resolved so I'm ok if that solution cost me a little length.

#3 Coloplast seems ok. Definitely can pump it up to incredible stiffness however when max pumped there is a soreness/discomfort I experience from that internal pressure on my penis. I'm about 4 1/2 weeks in and I'm hoping that pain subsides with time over the next months.

Good luck with your journey. IMO it's worth it versus my prior situation.

Sam
61; ED caused by VL; Coloplast Titan 22cm Implant August 27, 2019 by Dr Karpman at El Camino Hospital, Los Gatos, CA

Return to “Implants”