lost size?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: lost size?

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:30 pm

needhelp wrote:
I was told that if you use the rods you will not lose any length. It seems that all the loss comes from the inflatables ?

The only thing i hate more than telling someone that their trusred source of information is misinforming them is to let that misinformation remain without challenge.

Inflatable implsnts exist because they were an improvement over the earlier technology of malleable/semirigid impoants. The fact that inflatables have so great a market share shows how MUCH better they are.

Go to the web sites of Dr Kramer, Dr Eid, Dr Perito and the manufacturers (Coloplast and AMS-now owned by Boston Scientific), and educate yourself.

Knowledge is power.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:10 pm

If you research it you will see that size loss came from most everyone before the implant for any number of reasons. A good dr will keep the length you have from a good injection of trimix which may or may not be equivalent to a stretch test but will probably be close. I was close to 7 inches over 2.5 years ago before ed and peyronies. Got down to 5.5 with little use and the plaque. With traction and ved I got a little straighter with about a 30 to 35 degree curve and am now just under 6 with s trimix injection. Not sure what study told you an inflatable implant loses you length. Reputable studies show that the titan, the lgx, and the cx all will get some length back within the first year or two of inflating. A malleable implant will not do that. It does not add length or girth. When I researched implants I found they were used as a placeholder if an infection developed and an inflatable had to be removed or if an inflatable could not be implanted for a medical reason. Severe arthritis was one reason if you could not press the bulb to move saline to the tubes.

Otherwise the 3 piece implant is singularly preferred by most high volume drs. If you look it up I think the lgx added about 1.3 cm, cx about 1.1 and titan just under 1 cm to your length over time. Girth is added depending on the cavern size and your bodies elasticity. A malleable implant is always up, never grows any larger period so you have no ability for it to increase your length or girth. You also have to monitor closely its penetration into the glans. There are medical reasons for it to be used. I just hope when I have my implant it is not my best choice by the dr.

As a positive to the 3 piece implant. If, when it goes and it will probably go at some point. Studies again show a 10 year life is not unexpected. You normally move up to s longer tube.

Whatever you decide, best of luck to you. Visit several drs if you have to in order to feel comfortable and get all the information you need. It took me 4 drs to find one I liked and answered all my questions. They all provided me a lot of information on the titan, lgx, cx. And one piece implants. For me they all at least agreed due the peyronies I would need the titan. Limits my options and choice. All I have to decide on is who is putting it in.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

needhelp

Postby needhelp » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:34 pm

Good reply. When you found out you had ED did you visit other Dr's for a second opinion on your ED? Did they all tell you had no other options? Did they want all your DR
's files before they made that decision? I know you met to with 4 others to discuss your implant.

Sorry for all the questions. I've been working with one Dr. He said if Trimix does not work then surgery is the last line. But I'm wondering WHY I have ED. I know what its from (I had a fracture) but is it a inflow problem or outflow? Are the arteries destroyed?

So Id like to know the extent of the damage. Not sure if any of all that even matters though.
61 years old, single, Charlotte NC, Had a penile fracture. Implant scheduled for April 17. Dr Terlecki Winston-Salem, NC

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:44 am

SW0110 wrote:If you research it you will see that size loss came from most everyone before the implant for any number of reasons. A good dr will keep the length you have from a good injection of trimix which may or may not be equivalent to a stretch test but will probably be close. I was close to 7 inches over 2.5 years ago before ed and peyronies. Got down to 5.5 with little use and the plaque. With traction and ved I got a little straighter with about a 30 to 35 degree curve and am now just under 6 with s trimix injection. Not sure what study told you an inflatable implant loses you length. Reputable studies show that the titan, the lgx, and the cx all will get some length back within the first year or two of inflating. A malleable implant will not do that. It does not add length or girth. When I researched implants I found they were used as a placeholder if an infection developed and an inflatable had to be removed or if an inflatable could not be implanted for a medical reason. Severe arthritis was one reason if you could not press the bulb to move saline to the tubes.

Otherwise the 3 piece implant is singularly preferred by most high volume drs. If you look it up I think the lgx added about 1.3 cm, cx about 1.1 and titan just under 1 cm to your length over time. Girth is added depending on the cavern size and your bodies elasticity. A malleable implant is always up, never grows any larger period so you have no ability for it to increase your length or girth. You also have to monitor closely its penetration into the glans. There are medical reasons for it to be used. I just hope when I have my implant it is not my best choice by the dr.

As a positive to the 3 piece implant. If, when it goes and it will probably go at some point. Studies again show a 10 year life is not unexpected. You normally move up to s longer tube.

Whatever you decide, best of luck to you. Visit several drs if you have to in order to feel comfortable and get all the information you need. It took me 4 drs to find one I liked and answered all my questions. They all provided me a lot of information on the titan, lgx, cx. And one piece implants. For me they all at least agreed due the peyronies I would need the titan. Limits my options and choice. All I have to decide on is who is putting it in.

A while back one of our members was very critical of my doctor not putting in a malleable implant when he removed my first implant due to sepsis, which led to a 3cm loss of length. It doesn't matter who it was, I am not interested in rehashing it. Anyway, I asked my doctor why he didn't put a space saver in and his reply was that with the amount of very serious infection I had, he was not going to introduce any other non-anatomical objects in there, the risk of more infection was too great. Just for the heck of it, I asked Dr's Kramer, Eid and Perito and ALL 3 said that they 100% agree with Dr. Brock's course of treatment. As of now, I see no value in the malleable implant unless they want to put it on SUPER DICK, the ED fighting chihuahua. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:37 pm

There are advantages to the malleable/semi-rigid.

If the patient cannot tolerate the pump in their scrotum. At present there is no other location available for the pump.

I believe the device is cheaper.

The surgery is less involved. I suppose that makes it easier for the surgeon.

To my mind, neither is sufficient reason for making that choice.

If the risk of infection of the less complicated surgery is a factor, maybe an implant is not a good idea for the patient at that time.

The decision is not an easy one, but the preponderance of the evidence is that the three-piece inflatable is significantly superior in 1) sexual performance and 2) patient lifestyle convenience.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:19 pm

I really don't understand why guys who have Ed lose length and use vacuum therapy don't regain that loss. I cannot believe that I have a magic penis. It has to be a matter of consistency and of endurance. This operation putting in an implant has made it harder for me to regain loss than ever before I had an implant. I have to assume that the scarring and Trauma is much more severe. And yet I'm gaining my link back again although much more slowly. I would never use a malleable implant. Put me in traction first. I don't think they'll give you any guarantee of length using a malleable anyway. Have you talked to your doctor? Did he assure you that you will have the same length will the malleable as you do now? I have an LG X. After fighting with two doctors I finally gave up fighting on number 4 and number 5. They both showed me that they were going to shrink me about half an inch. And they did. But by using my vacuum therapy I am now longer than I was the night before surgery. At the rate I'm going I should beat it permanently by quarter inch using the implant that they gave me. Today at lunch I pumped up fully in the bathroom and made 6 and 3/8 in. The night before surgery I was 6 and 1/2 in. I'm very confident that using vacuum therapy within a few months I will be able to pump up without using the vacuum and be 6 and 3/4 inches. The only reason I'm doing that is because of distal e r o s i o n. So far it has stopped it in its tracks. You may do what you like but unless you have some reason not to want a/3 nut in your scrotum or you can't exert about 3 to 5 lb pressure to inflate I have to believe that you will regret your decision. Just my opinion.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:00 pm

DougAnd wrote:I have to believe that you will regret your decision. Just my opinion.

Whose decision are you addressing? I surely am not the only one who will wonder, otherwise I would have PM'ed my question to you.

Regards,

Lost Sheep (quite often lost)
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:57 pm

Need help
sorry for the confusion I'm using my phone and it's very limited. Need help my size has been mostly inconsistent for all of my life. That has not changed even after my pump Revision in December. My deflated size changes daily up and down with the shortest length being most frequent. My fully inflated size is all over the board. I'm just past five months but in the last few weeks alone I've had half an inch difference. My best so far is actually longer then before my implant.
See if you can find someone who has a malleable. If you choose that at least you will be immediately consistent even if you lose some length. But the malleable is not for me. I've had to stay partially pumped 24/7 for weeks and it was not fun. But you may not mind it. Good luck
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:13 pm

Malleable implants are crude compared to a 3 piece. They are usually used if a 3 or 2 piece cannot be inserted. Also if a patient has little dexterity in his hands and cannot pump an implant, or of course after an implant has been removed due to infection. Ppl with malleable implants actually lose more size than with a 3 piece. The risk of erosion is great.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:42 pm

ED
I agree. I think that need helps fears of being shorted are misplaced. Maybe his surgeon has said differently but I'm pretty sure there's a much better chance of losing length from a malleable than from a three piece

Return to “Implants”