lost size?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.

Moderator: DaveKell

needhelp
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:07 pm

lost size?

Postby needhelp » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:52 pm

I love this site. Everybody is so helpful and supportive. Thank you guys! Not only am I knew to this site but I'm also new to ED (and curvature). I tried the pills and shots... and nothing. The last line is an implant. But I cant believe that there are sooooo many good guys out there who are saying they lost some size after there implant? Almost all. I've been reading on implants. They said if properly fitted at best you should keep your size. Why then are there so many who lost size? Im now thinking if I need an implant to go with the rod. The kind that deflate scar me. Love to get your thoughs on this or any advice you all may have.
61 years old, single, Charlotte NC, Had a penile fracture. Implant scheduled for April 17. Dr Terlecki Winston-Salem, NC

ED2013
Posts: 1171
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: lost size?

Postby ED2013 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:57 pm

Yes there are lots of guys that lose size. First of all, a lot of men struggle with ED for several years, which can shrink the penis. Also if there is scarring and or peyronies the patient could lose some as well. On top of that there are botched surgeries where the doc inserts a device that is too small. For best outcome, I recommend using a ved to keep your penis healthy and stretched. Also research surgeons and find a good one you are comfortable with.
Ams 700 cx. Dr Karpman.

alibaba
Posts: 3019
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:04 pm

Re: lost size?

Postby alibaba » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:22 pm

The rod will not help you with girth. I destroys the same internal cavernosa parts as the cylinders for the inflatable so no difference there. Main difference with a rod is you will have a soft dick that can be bent up or down. The undersizing issue comes from the original malleable rods eroding through the end of a person's penis. For that reason, doctors starting undersizing with the rods so they did not wear through the end of people's dicks. That mindset improperly carried over to the inflatables which by definition can deflate and not impose the pressure that causes them to wear through. A decent doc will get it right. Implant mills, 1 implant a year doctors, and the quack-o-matic with the low ball price likely won't get it right unless they are lucky gamblers. Some of the best know doctors have very good success straightening peyronies with an implant only, w/o other surgical intervention and with out the plication and such surgeries that shorten the long side of your dick to match the short side. Cheers man. Study more.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Larry10625

Re: lost size?

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:32 am

ED2013 wrote:Yes there are lots of guys that lose size. First of all, a lot of men struggle with ED for several years, which can shrink the penis. Also if there is scarring and or peyronies the patient could lose some as well. On top of that there are botched surgeries where the doc inserts a device that is too small. For best outcome, I recommend using a ved to keep your penis healthy and stretched. Also research surgeons and find a good one you are comfortable with.



100% agree. :)

Larry

Lost Sheep
Posts: 2608
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Re: lost size?

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:49 pm

needhelp wrote:I love this site. Everybody is so helpful and supportive. Thank you guys! Not only am I knew to this site but I'm also new to ED (and curvature). I tried the pills and shots... and nothing. The last line is an implant. But I cant believe that there are sooooo many good guys out there who are saying they lost some size after there implant? Almost all. I've been reading on implants. They said if properly fitted at best you should keep your size. Why then are there so many who lost size? Im now thinking if I need an implant to go with the rod. The kind that deflate scar me. Love to get your thoughs on this or any advice you all may have.

Welcome to the site.

Can you tell us what it is that scares yo about the inflatable/deflatable implant?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017 Dr Shaw.
READ OLD THREADS to ask better questions and better understand answers.
Make yourself part of your medical team.
Document your current penile size: photos and written records.
Pre-op V.E.D. therapy helps.

VegasED
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Las Vegas NV, actually I live in Henderson a suburb of LV

Re: lost size?

Postby VegasED » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:08 pm

Hello needhelp, ditto what ED2013 said. Nothing is as good as a healthy natural erection. Most of us have had ED issues for a long time and lack of blood flow damages nerves and the tissue looses it's elasticty. I too wish I would have realized the benefits of using my VED just to keep it as healthy as possible, which will help keep your length. I have lost length, but I come to appreciate that a live Chihuahua is better than a dead Collie. VegasED
VegasED 59yo - Insulin Diabetic - Coloplast Implanted 11-6-17, tubing issue pictures posted 6/11/18

needhelp
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: lost size?

Postby needhelp » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:49 pm

I was told that if you use the rods you will not lose any length. It seems that all the loss comes from the inflatables ?
61 years old, single, Charlotte NC, Had a penile fracture. Implant scheduled for April 17. Dr Terlecki Winston-Salem, NC

needhelp
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: lost size?

Postby needhelp » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:53 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
needhelp wrote:I love this site. Everybody is so helpful and supportive. Thank you guys! Not only am I knew to this site but I'm also new to ED (and curvature). I tried the pills and shots... and nothing. The last line is an implant. But I cant believe that there are sooooo many good guys out there who are saying they lost some size after there implant? Almost all. I've been reading on implants. They said if properly fitted at best you should keep your size. Why then are there so many who lost size? Im now thinking if I need an implant to go with the rod. The kind that deflate scar me. Love to get your thoughs on this or any advice you all may have.

Welcome to the site.

Can you tell us what it is that scares yo about the inflatable/deflatable implant?


I was told that if you use the rods you will not lose any length. It seems that all the loss comes from the inflatables ?
61 years old, single, Charlotte NC, Had a penile fracture. Implant scheduled for April 17. Dr Terlecki Winston-Salem, NC

VegasED
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Las Vegas NV, actually I live in Henderson a suburb of LV

Re: lost size?

Postby VegasED » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:25 pm

From my experience, it wasn't from the implant that length was lost. It was years of ED, and not thinking about using my VED to try and keep my penis healthier all of the years hoping other methods would work. Pumping up with the VED and trapping it can be helpful, but it's not exactly the same as fresh oxygenated blood. As I understand it now, (a little late for me) you need to pump and deflate over & over for months with a VED before receiving an implant. I also believe the rods aren't as popular as an inflatable device, which better mimicks a natural erection. I know when they did the injection test and the strech I knew I was in trouble. There was only so far it would extend. Thankfully, my implant was a tad longer than I expected. But still 2 inches less than I had before ED. VegasED
VegasED 59yo - Insulin Diabetic - Coloplast Implanted 11-6-17, tubing issue pictures posted 6/11/18

Larry10625

Re: lost size?

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:09 am

needhelp wrote:I was told that if you use the rods you will not lose any length. It seems that all the loss comes from the inflatables ?



Except the doctors don't like them and many don't/won't use them. :)

Larry


Return to “Implants”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jasonsa and 14 guests