Erosion once again

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Frenchboy

Erosion once again

Postby Frenchboy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:51 am

Hello, i have been implanted with a Cx and 5 years after fully fonctionnal implant, i had an
Erosion. Due to catheterisation.
After a while went to revision surgery for an lgx, and just 1 1/2 after cycling, another erosion (same tube, right side).
I have an appointement this month with a new surgeon and will ask him the gore tex sock (tuto wind sock) around the implant.

Do you guys know something about that ? Will it restore the natural erection around implant ?

The bad feeling of erosion is caused by the poor engorgement of the residual cavernosa.

Have a nice day and thanks in advance gentelmen

WyoMan

Re: Erosion once again

Postby WyoMan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:47 pm

Hi Frenchboy, I don't have any info about erosion as I am only 2 months in this journey. But I'm wondering about the cathertization, as I did for a while because of much swelling after the implant. Were you cathing yourself or in medical situation, if I may ask. My doctor's PA okayed me to cath. But my original urologist dismissed me because of implant as he said he didn't want to be responsible for any trouble caused by prostate scoping for example.
Hope things are better for you from here on.
80; married 57 years; HBP well controlled, overweight. Prostate Arterial Embolization Jan 2017: No indication of cancer. Injections failed. Implanted Nov. 2, 2018. Dr. Karin Dolan, Billings, Mt. AMS LGX 15 cm+2 2.5 cm RTE. 65 ml reservoir.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:22 pm

Hi. I'm not sure if my experience in this area will be useful, as I'm not sure how erosion could be caused by catheterization. I'm not a doctor, so nothing I relate should be thought of us advice, but I do use catheters, so perhaps there is something useful here.

Because of long term diabetes, my bladder won't empty on its own. I self-catheterize 3 to 5 times every day, and have been doing so for over 5 years. If I don't use a catheter, I retain about a litre of fluid before I can pee. Found out about the problem from a bone scan done when it appeared my cancer had returned. It may have been going on for years and I just didn't know it. For what it's worth, while it's a little embarrassing, I don't really mind using the catheters. It doesn't hurt and it does the job.

I got an implant last June. I visited with three doctors before choosing the one I wanted to do the surgery. Each knew I did self-catheterization and none mentioned any possible problem with catheter use. One even said it would be easier for me to urinate when inflated in the first days after surgery, so it might be a short-term positive.

The implant has worked well for me and I'm very happy I got the surgery. I still self-cath and I can do so easily both flaccid and inflated. I'll be talking with my uro later this month and I'll ask if he knows about problems with implants related to catheter use and let you know what I find. Obviously, you've had some trouble with catheterization and erosion, so a problem must exist somewhere.

It may be that what I'm relating here has nothing to do with what you're bringing up, and if so I apologize for misunderstanding. If use of catheters causes problems with implants I want to know about it well in advance, and I appreciate you bringing the topic up here. I wish I had some data to share about the gore tex, but thank you for your information.

Quincy
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:45 pm

Frenchboy wrote:Hello, i have been implanted with a Cx and 5 years after fully fonctionnal implant, i had an
Erosion. Due to catheterisation.
After a while went to revision surgery for an lgx, and just 1 1/2 after cycling, another erosion (same tube, right side).
I have an appointement this month with a new surgeon and will ask him the gore tex sock (tuto wind sock) around the implant.

Do you guys know something about that ? Will it restore the natural erection around implant ?

The bad feeling of erosion is caused by the poor engorgement of the residual cavernosa.

Have a nice day and thanks in advance gentelmen

Sorry, I have never heard of it. :)

Larry

Frenchboy

Postby Frenchboy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:10 am

Really apreciate your answers. I had to cath just one time (by myself). And the erosion is on the right side at the very distal end of the corpora. So maybe there is no link.

I wonder if i had not been cycling too hard, for to long. Max 20 minutes, not hours.

I really don t if i will be able to accomodate further implant due to the thining of albuginea and Mack of tissue. Too much pressure without enough spongy tissue.

thereishope

Postby thereishope » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:45 am

Hey man. Are you sure your doctors sized your implant right? erosion is said to be caused by oversizing the implant for your dimentions!

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:05 pm

Hey, I've been fighting distal e r o s i o n from the right tip since I got my implant in August. I have an LG X. Have had two bleeds so far. My problem was from uneven tips. My left side should have been half a centimeter longer. That cause the right side of the curve inward permanently deform the cylinder the tip pushing against my uretha. I used vacuum therapy to help keep myself stretched relieve the tip pressure and prevent erosion. So far so good. I have a cystoscope scheduled for the 15th should tell me if there's any damage. But I haven't had any bleed for 3 months so I'm pretty sure I'm good. My other problem is that the right cylinder bowed out and was rubbing against the outside skin just below my glans. I've been able to straighten it out a little bit by stretching myself using the vacuum therapy. Hopefully that'll take care of the problem. One doctor wants to completely rebuild my c o r p o r a s. The excessive pressure has torn my tunicas. But my problem is internal so no infection involved. I've decided to just live with it. He didn't tell me how he was going to do that. Good luck
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Frenchboy

Postby Frenchboy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:25 pm

I really appreciate your support, make me feel better you know.

Oversizing : first implant was 18 + 2 rte cx model, second was 18+3 rte lgx model.

The surgeon told me that he has dilated the cavernosa more distaly to pass the cylinder.
It may have been oversized but the main problem i think was uneven tips and girth expansion that put a lot of pressure at the end.

I feel a bit guilty to have pumped and cycle ingénieur order to regain some lenght...

I really think that a cylinder must be well sit in the cavernosa because it help to keep strong erection. Wtith just one cylinder in, i have really shrunk on the right side, and i think it s better to bé repair.
One year and half without good placement lost some girth and sensivity.
Have a appointement soon will keep you informed.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:35 am

wow I have an 18 cm with three centimeter RTE LG X also and I have very uneven tips. My right tip is 1/4 inch higher than my left tip. Right now I'm a little more than 5 months. Are you my future? Have you tried vacuum therapy it helps beef up the skin. Did your erosions come through completely? Did it penetrate your urethra? Or was it the outside skin on the shaft?
I was definitely not oversized I was definitely miss sized. The left side should have had a point five CM RTE longer than the right.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:11 pm

French boy,
I hate to even say this but one of the options to fix my very uneven tips was to dilate more distally. I told them absolutely not my tissue is very thin to begin with and that would just cause penetration of the glands. It sounds to me as if that's exactly what they tried to do to straighten you out. The only option I have is to cut the RTE to size and very few surgeons will do that but they will stupidly try to dilate you and cause horrific irreversible injury. I may be wrong but that's exactly what it sounds like to me

Return to “Implants”