Testosterone Therapy

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Bionicrocketman

Testosterone Therapy

Postby Bionicrocketman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:30 am

Hi to all. I hope all is going well for you on your end. I have used testosterone therapy for over12 years. Over 11 years using the gel. The gel had stop working and I went to the shots. Been on the shots for 10 months and now my red blood cell count is going up to high. We have cut back the dosage to hopefully lower the red blood cell count. Now I'm a little worried about several things. 1- Now the therapy doesn't seem to be working near as well. 2- Will I have to give up the therapy all together. 3- Will my red blood cell count go back down. Hopefully someone out there may have some experience with this and have some input. Thanks for opinions and help.
70yrs. Implant AMS LGX 18cm 4cm tips. 2-26-14. Implant installed because of fracture.

Cajun Jeff

Re: Testosterone Therapy

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:09 am

Interesting post. I too have been on TRT but for 2 years. This last checkup my Red Blood Cell count went up as well. Dr called me the day the results came in and said to go give blood at the blood bank . That would drop the numbers. He recommended that I do that every month. He also said we will stop the TRT for 6 months. Oh an my T at that time was 885. WOOHOO No wonder I felt so good.

I had another Dr appointment a month later and the numbers are looking good, however the T has drooped to 130. Yesterday I crashed.

I will call my Uro and talk with him in a month about restarting the T. That stuff really makes me feel good.

By the way it was injections.

Hope this has been some help.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:12 am

Bionicrocketman wrote:Hi to all. I hope all is going well for you on your end. I have used testosterone therapy for over12 years. Over 11 years using the gel. The gel had stop working and I went to the shots. Been on the shots for 10 months and now my red blood cell count is going up to high. We have cut back the dosage to hopefully lower the red blood cell count. Now I'm a little worried about several things. 1- Now the therapy doesn't seem to be working near as well. 2- Will I have to give up the therapy all together. 3- Will my red blood cell count go back down. Hopefully someone out there may have some experience with this and have some input. Thanks for opinions and help.

The exact same thing happened to me. I use to take 2.5ml of Delatestryl every three weeks but now only 2.0ml. We have just started cutting back and I have not yet had blood work to make sure my RBC is down. :)

Larry

Bionicrocketman

Postby Bionicrocketman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:19 pm

Thanks for the replies. Cajun Jeff I can relate to the feel good part. My testosterone shot up to over 1200. The wife was accusing me of being a bully. And heaven help her if she smiled or winked at me. My Dr. had me donate blood and cut my dosage by 25%. I was using 1 ml Cypioate every 2 weeks. The .75 ml doesn't seem to work ad well as the 1 ml. But have to start somewhere. Larry we have something in common. I too have just started this journey and haven't done the follow up lab yet to see how everything is adjusting. I don't see my Dr. til the first week in January. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again.
70yrs. Implant AMS LGX 18cm 4cm tips. 2-26-14. Implant installed because of fracture.

kidagain73

Postby kidagain73 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:24 pm

I got the Testopel timed release pellets implant and oh brother did they ever work great. Side effects were my balls shrunk a little and RBC went up and my Urologist said to give blood which I did and RBC went down. Can`t afford Testopel and trying to get Medicare to cover it is a bitch so now back to Clomid which is working well. After Testopel wore off I went from 700 T- level down to 260! Not good. Went on Clomid and now T- level back up to 500, think I`m going to stick with this.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:56 pm

This is one thing I may know a bit about. If you can get yourself to do it, Testosterone injections are a relatively inexpensive alternative to expensive salves and implanted meds. I pay $60 for a 6 month supply of Testosterone and buy my own needles and syringes online. I also get alcohol pads at WM.
I inject .40ml and use 25gauge, 1" long needles.
Go to a compounding pharmacy to see which docs prescribe it if your GP and Urologist don't.

Just noticed my needles are 25gauge.
Last edited by tomas1 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

bobsteel

Postby bobsteel » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:30 pm

What are the pros and cons of using either the pills, gel, pellets or shots?
I am giving the pills a try first.
Married 71 yrs old Implanted 5/30/18. AMX 7oo cx ms 18 cm with 1 cm and 2cm rte. ED for many years. Pills stopped working and injections sort of helped. I sure miss the inch I lost but it works.

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:03 am

I just had a lab for my free T level. The person who called me from my doctor's office said I was in the normal range. I asked for the specific number. It was 330. I said "no, we determined a long time ago I need to be in the 800 range to get the beneficial effects. Tell the doctor we need to go back to 1 cc a week injections of half a cc". She said the doc has me listed at half cc and he probably won't change it. I pointed out he has been my doctor for over 30 years and he always does what I request. So I go to pick up my refill and indeed he increased me back to 1 cc.Can't wait to have level back up to my operating range. Libido has been lagging along with energy level.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:21 pm

bobsteel wrote:What are the pros and cons of using either the pills, gel, pellets or shots?

Bob, in my case it was financial.
I never had ins that I could use.
My current T level is a bit over 1000.
Gotta get an implant before I go nuts.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

bobsteel

Postby bobsteel » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:54 pm

tomas1 wrote:
bobsteel wrote:What are the pros and cons of using either the pills, gel, pellets or shots?

Bob, in my case it was financial.
I never had ins that I could use.
My current T level is a bit over 1000.
Gotta get an implant before I go nuts.

What do you use?
Married 71 yrs old Implanted 5/30/18. AMX 7oo cx ms 18 cm with 1 cm and 2cm rte. ED for many years. Pills stopped working and injections sort of helped. I sure miss the inch I lost but it works.

Return to “General Discussion”