encouragement

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
Bubba1956

encouragement

Postby Bubba1956 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:39 am

I am not sure how to say this, but bear with me as I attempt to convey what's in my heart. I have been on Lexapro anti-depressant for over 25 years. My Ed became increasingly worst over time until 10 years ago and the erections stopped. My testosterone sank as a result of aging. I had given up hope of any change. Since then Welbrutin was prescribed in addition to Lexapro to battle depression.

I wanted to tell the brothers and those considering the implant not to delay. You will not be regretful of the decision. I have battled hopeless and depression periodically in life. The great news is I am 5 weeks post-op
and the battle is on. I am encouraged that I decided to get the implant done because when all else fails , I can rely on the fact it wont be long and there will be relief and enjoyment very soon. The implant gives me hope once again. please don't misunderstand me. this was meant to encourage others.
I am 62 years old. Full blown Ed for 10 years. married for 18 years. my urologist dr. Kershen. Implanted October 15,2018. AMS 700 LGX 18cm length by 12 mm diameter I live in Coleman, Mi. USA : 8-) )

David_R

Re: encouragement

Postby David_R » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:13 pm

Thank you for sharing, Bubba. "The implant gives me hope once again." So glad to hear it!

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:54 am

Bubba...concur with your message! Although I have never been on drugs for depression, my ED and inability to penetrate my wonderful wife of almost 49 years caused me much angst over the past 15 years. I never admitted to being depressed about it due to the stigma that would have followed me forever in my medical records! Once labeled, always labeled by BIG government!! I'm just shy of 3 weeks post-op and very happy with my decision. It's funny how the pre-op days seemed to crawl until 11/8 and then (probably due to my catheter being in well over a week) a haze seemed to come over my first two weeks post-op. A lot of new feelings 'down there' that I've had to get used to but (just like a lot of other 'older men') I've shared every nuance with my wife and a wonderful FT brother who lives close to the surgi-center where my procedure was performed. Feelings, pics, pain, successful peeing w/clots, etc. It truly makes a positive difference when people you love and respect are standing by your side and behind you ready to prop up any misgivings or doubts about this irreversible decision. I echo your encouragement and confirm what's in your heart...something men rarely use to convey their innermost feelings and thoughts. I stand (gingerly, however) and salute you!! Keep your upbeat attitude, as I will, and, with the help of our wives, partners, and supporting FT brothers, we'll regain the intimate enjoyment that has eluded us for too long!

Edd
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

Bubba1956

Postby Bubba1956 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:52 am

a true wife or partner will stand with you through the lack of erection, lack of penetration, abstinence etc. My wife stood with me through the heartache, disappointment of not being able to satisfy her. She offered encourage and understanding. Only genuine love and commitment to each other will withstand such adversity. She could have walked away but hasn't.
I am 62 years old. Full blown Ed for 10 years. married for 18 years. my urologist dr. Kershen. Implanted October 15,2018. AMS 700 LGX 18cm length by 12 mm diameter I live in Coleman, Mi. USA : 8-) )

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:48 am

You guys are great! I could not have said it better. I have nothing to add, it's all been said!
Andy
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:30 am

Bubba1956 wrote:I am not sure how to say this, but bear with me as I attempt to convey what's in my heart. I have been on Lexapro anti-depressant for over 25 years. My Ed became increasingly worst over time until 10 years ago and the erections stopped. My testosterone sank as a result of aging. I had given up hope of any change. Since then Welbrutin was prescribed in addition to Lexapro to battle depression.

I wanted to tell the brothers and those considering the implant not to delay. You will not be regretful of the decision. I have battled hopeless and depression periodically in life. The great news is I am 5 weeks post-op
and the battle is on. I am encouraged that I decided to get the implant done because when all else fails , I can rely on the fact it wont be long and there will be relief and enjoyment very soon. The implant gives me hope once again. please don't misunderstand me. this was meant to encourage others.

Have you started cycling and having sex yet? If not my brother, are you ever in for a treat. Another subliminal message you gave (intentional or not) is it takes time and it is well worth it. I use to be totally embarrassed by my little guy and all growing up I hated the part where I was about to have sex with a girl for the first time... she is going to see my little dick and laugh? suck it, screw it, leave... whatever. Now, I just love my dick. I am a shower now, not a grower. I catch myself standing in front of the mirror in awe over the great job that my 2 fantastic surgeons. I can never thank them enough. The gave me my life back. My wife is happier than she has been in 3 decades. We are all so glad to hear the success stories. Get lots of rest the night before you use your new, improved weapon... you will need it and a bottle of water. :)

Larry

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:46 pm

Bubba1956 wrote:a true wife or partner will stand with you through the lack of erection, lack of penetration, abstinence etc. My wife stood with me through the heartache, disappointment of not being able to satisfy her. She offered encourage and understanding. Only genuine love and commitment to each other will withstand such adversity. She could have walked away but hasn't.

Not only did my wife stand by me throughout two decades of impotence, but she spent months on end being my nurse at home when I was recovering from 18 major surgeries over a previous 20 year time span. All this while working as a teacher and grading paper late into the night every evening. I was forever amazed at her superhuman tirelessness in having to do everything. I put her through hell when I withdrew from life in the mental anguish of ED, but she never gave up on me. I knew she loved sex as much as me and every time I experienced a failure at it she was concerned about MY frustration, never exhibiting any of her own. There were probably a hundred times she would have been within her rights to send me packing but it never came to that. Being implanted has been the single biggest relationship boost we could have gotten. We'll have close to two years of the benefits of it before she'll be spending another month tending to me after another surgery. I'm scheduled for a 9 hour rod implant surgery on Dec. 17th as a result of a car wreck that was the other guy's fault. I don't think they make women like her much anymore!
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:19 am

DaveKell wrote:
Bubba1956 wrote:a true wife or partner will stand with you through the lack of erection, lack of penetration, abstinence etc. My wife stood with me through the heartache, disappointment of not being able to satisfy her. She offered encourage and understanding. Only genuine love and commitment to each other will withstand such adversity. She could have walked away but hasn't.

Not only did my wife stand by me throughout two decades of impotence, but she spent months on end being my nurse at home when I was recovering from 18 major surgeries over a previous 20 year time span. All this while working as a teacher and grading paper late into the night every evening. I was forever amazed at her superhuman tirelessness in having to do everything. I put her through hell when I withdrew from life in the mental anguish of ED, but she never gave up on me. I knew she loved sex as much as me and every time I experienced a failure at it she was concerned about MY frustration, never exhibiting any of her own. There were probably a hundred times she would have been within her rights to send me packing but it never came to that. Being implanted has been the single biggest relationship boost we could have gotten. We'll have close to two years of the benefits of it before she'll be spending another month tending to me after another surgery. I'm scheduled for a 9 hour rod implant surgery on Dec. 17th as a result of a car wreck that was the other guy's fault. I don't think they make women like her much anymore!

Where is the rod going Dave?

Larry

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:51 pm

Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

Along my lumbar spine Larry. I already had back issues from an injury at a gym I worked out at but the car wreck advanced it enough that I require rods. I've already had a spinal fusion in my neck as a result of the car wreck.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:34 pm

DaveKell wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

Along my lumbar spine Larry. I already had back issues from an injury at a gym I worked out at but the car wreck advanced it enough that I require rods. I've already had a spinal fusion in my neck as a result of the car wreck.

OMG... God speed to you my friend

Larry

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”