Hi, new member here. Do the implants wear out?

This is the place to say hi to the board. Tell us something about yourself. If you're not quite ready to post for advice, that's fine.
Forum rules
For your security and privacy, FrankTalk will time you out after five minutes if it senses no activity. Posting on the forums may take longer than five minutes and the site does not sense your typing a post as activity. If you are submitting a post that might take a few minutes to write, please compose it in a word processing program and then cut and paste it into the discussion board. This will save a lot of frustration.
Thanks
Happy Hoppy

Hi, new member here. Do the implants wear out?

Postby Happy Hoppy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:17 am

I am reading on this forum about the implants wearing out after a time :mrgreen: :evil: . Is there an expected lifetime for implants?

Bubba1956

Re: Hi, new member here. Do the implants wear out?

Postby Bubba1956 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:45 am

no. there is no magic wear out time. however many posts and videos suggest 20-25 years when 2x per week or so. But like any other mechanical device are prone to wear out and fail. The replacement is free as I know it. I recently had my implant (oct 15,2018). I am relieved that I have something that works. if there any further concerns I can help you with you can PM me. we are praying for you during this journey.
I am 62 years old. Full blown Ed for 10 years. married for 18 years. my urologist dr. Kershen. Implanted October 15,2018. AMS 700 LGX 18cm length by 12 mm diameter I live in Coleman, Mi. USA : 8-) )

bobsteel

Postby bobsteel » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:14 am

If they do and I need a revision does Medicare and or insurance pay?
Married 71 yrs old Implanted 5/30/18. AMX 7oo cx ms 18 cm with 1 cm and 2cm rte. ED for many years. Pills stopped working and injections sort of helped. I sure miss the inch I lost but it works.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:32 am

Bubba1956 wrote:no. there is no magic wear out time. however many posts and videos suggest 20-25 years when 2x per week or so. But like any other mechanical device are prone to wear out and fail. The replacement is free as I know it. I recently had my implant (oct 15,2018). I am relieved that I have something that works. if there any further concerns I can help you with you can PM me. we are praying for you during this journey.

Very true Bubba, hope you are healing well :)

Larry

Return to “Introductions and Hellos”