Article on Young men and ED

Posting in this forum is just for young members (under 40).
Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Article on Young men and ED

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:47 pm

I was interviewed by the Guardian Newspaper in London and the article came out today. I think the writer did a great job. This gives you an idea of what I do all day!

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/oct/18/erectile-dysfunction-performance-anxiety-truth-modern-malaise?fbclid=IwAR3PJf2cjJeY6HNEa_yzXuHlIvi2L2oUZGXNpOZGeEWYZG4Iz9nyohVjXdk

Jamesmj

Re: Article on Young men and ED

Postby Jamesmj » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:56 am

It is a well written article.

It is sad, though, that it perpetuates the idea that young men have ED for psychological reasons always.

There are several cases here on FT showing stories of men suffering for long years of their youth, passing from uro to uro; from one psychologist to the other without being assessed correctly. These men end up happy with an implant, but with a tortured mind, low self-esteem and thousands of dollars spent.

It would be interesting to make the public aware that not all cases are the same. There are young men with ED that is not psychological in origin. ED that cannot be explained with the current medical tests even though it is a real physical issue and that it is making them miserable.
James. 38 yo. Lifetime ED. Tried pills, injections, and therapy.
Implanted 03/29/18 Titan 22cm with Dr. Eid

CTR5000

Postby CTR5000 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:13 am

The article looks great, Larry... I want to re-read it again when I'm more awake. I gotta admit though, I wondered if the correct article came up when it opened with "It was just as things were getting serious in the bathroom... " :)

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:21 pm

James,
You are absolutely right about the relentless belief that ED in any young man has to be psychologically based. I talk to guys every day who say they went for help and were told it was all in their head. What a horrible thing to say to a guy - not to mention it is a violation of ethics! Finding out that there is a medical issue is a huge relief for them. But I get this from both doctor and therapists. We have a long way to go!

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:21 pm

CTR5000 wrote:The article looks great, Larry... I want to re-read it again when I'm more awake. I gotta admit though, I wondered if the correct article came up when it opened with "It was just as things were getting serious in the bathroom... " :)

Colin, this was Paul, not me, but thanks anyway.. :)

Larry

jelquinginjury

Postby jelquinginjury » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:56 pm

the doctors if you are young always say that your ED is psychological even if your cock doesnt work well ever and even when you dont work with pills and injections. Fuck that article.

Psychological ED is a myth, or better a way for doctors to not tell you the truth. If you have ED for more than 6 months and you dont get good erections, either with masturbation or sex and even more if the pills dont work for you, then your ED is not psychological and thats the bottom line.
Injury that caused venous leak.
In my 20s thinking about implant

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri May 31, 2019 3:17 am

Frank Talk Admin wrote:James,
You are absolutely right about the relentless belief that ED in any young man has to be psychologically based. I talk to guys every day who say they went for help and were told it was all in their head. What a horrible thing to say to a guy - not to mention it is a violation of ethics! Finding out that there is a medical issue is a huge relief for them. But I get this from both doctor and therapists. We have a long way to go!

Personally, I believe it could be both. From the time I started having sex until I was around 47 years old, I use to either lose an erection or fail to get one for a variety of reasons... one of the biggy's was heat. In the stinking summer heat, sometimes my dick refused to perform. Then, my wife would blame herself, saying that I am no longer attracted to her. Even now, when I am having difficulty orgasming and I am getting too tired to continue, I have to fake it or she will blame herself. Maybe some of these young lads are trying to perform and can't, for whatever reason, and then they start beating themselves up because of it. The humiliation they experience just gets worse when they meet up with the same girl (or another). They start thinking about the last time and freaking out that they might not be able to perform and... BAM, no erection again. :)

Larry

polish_bear_65

Postby polish_bear_65 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:10 pm

They're under double pressure since "it's supposed" to happen when you're older. Psychological effect dominates physical by a lot. I don't mean that older people do not experience this, just younger person feels even worse.

Return to “Young members”