A cloud around the silver lining of implantation.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:50 pm

I have noticed a disappointing similarity in my capacity for coitus between before and after implantation.

Before implant, erectile collapse from E.D. would pretty much signal an end to coitus. It mattered not if I wanted to continue; it was over because my penis became just a squishy toy.

After implant, my penis remains perfectly erect and capable of continuing coitus indefinitely but (after ejaculation) my desire to continue and my energy level drop off precipitously. Obviously, the wash of hormones released upon my orgasm is the cause. I had expected my refractory period to not matter at all, but I was mistaken.

I had not expected this and actually had expected to be able to continue fucking like the Energizer Bunny (thanks to Everready Battery Company for use of their icon).

It is disappointing how quickly I am "done" after being done.

I used to be incapable of continuing coitus after ejaculation. Now, I am just physically unwanting, even if I want to continue intellectually and emotionally. And it's not just interest in coitus; it extends to all other forms of sex, cunnilingus or anything other than cuddling - or sleep.

The silver lining of this cloud is that, since my premature ejaculation is delayed (sometimes by several minutes or so) my lover can experience a few orgasms before I do (I am so grateful that she orgasms easily during coitus when she has had effective and adequate foreplay).

I fear this is disappointing to her, since she is perfectly willing and eager to continue right on and I have yet to exhaust her appetite for more penile action.

Before implant, the desire was there but ability was not. After implant ability is there but desire is not (at least not for very long after MY climax).

I do not want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but just had to share my dual complaint/jubilation.

Thanks for reading.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

LMCatman

Re: A cloud around the silver lining of implantation.

Postby LMCatman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:18 pm

What you are now free of is: not being ABLE to perform. But, if you want it, you can do it! Enjoy what you could not enjoy before and....good luck!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:46 pm

Yes, indeed. Having the choice to perform is well worth all the trouble I went through and the very minor drawbacks. (Pumping up instead of spontaneous erections, this drop in libido after orgasm, etc).

What we usually do is switch to a position that does not require a lot of energy on my part for some combination relax/cuddle/coitus. We are still exploring different positions (an exploration that was NEVER EVEN POSSIBLE TO CONSIDER before the implant).

Just paint a big smile on my butt.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:22 pm

Just paint a big smile on my butt.

That’s the way I feel, even though things are “different”. Since my implant, I am just one happy ass. :o :lol:
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Wish I could climax. I go so long trying to come it wears my wife out. Now I just screw away for 5-10 minutes and fake an orgasm. I am a very good actor :D
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:49 pm

oldbeek wrote:Wish I could climax. I go so long trying to come it wears my wife out. Now I just screw away for 5-10 minutes and fake an orgasm. I am a very good actor :D

I am not bragging, but my girlfriend does not seem to have a wearing out factor. She wears me out.

It seems strange to me that men, after they climax experience a relaxation but women simply take a short break (or sometimes only a breath) and they are off to the races again.

https://www.elitedaily.com/dating/tips-to-delay-male-orgasm/1462453 wrote:
Known to be a source of sexual dissatisfaction among couples, the dreaded orgasm gap alludes to the fact that men, on average, take just over five minutes to reach their happy ending...Women who are able to orgasm through intercourse...can take up to 18 minutes.

My penis can stay up for 18 minutes just fine, or 81 minutes for that matter, but my interest and stamina need help.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Limpbizcit

Postby Limpbizcit » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:15 am

Interesting thread. My surgeon said this would happen. I didn't believe him. Thinking this wouldnt be an issue.
Age 47. ED for over 20 years. Diagnosed with Hypogonadism. Pills and trimix do not work consistently. Implanted with 24cm AMS CX 12/12/17. Infected implant removed and replaced with AMS Spectra 2/18/18. Implanted with 26CM Titan 10/02/18. So far so good.

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:34 am

I too have been having trouble cumimg and climaxing during intercourse. Before my implant and while I could still keep it hard for intercourse, I almost always would cum and climax, but since the implant, I have done it once, the second time we had sex. This past Thursday during intercourse, I came real close a couple of times over the course of about 10 min. But just could not get there :? With masturbation with a toy, I usually do cum but it takes a while. I hope this gets better with time. My wife feels guilty that she is not doing her part, I just tell her "no, it's me, it will just take some time."
Andy
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:46 am

Lost Sheep wrote:
oldbeek wrote:My penis can stay up for 18 minutes just fine, or 81 minutes for that matter, but my interest and stamina need help.

AMEN :( :( :( :( :(

Larry

justanotherdrumber

Postby justanotherdrumber » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:03 pm

andywalther wrote:I too have been having trouble cumimg and climaxing during intercourse. Before my implant and while I could still keep it hard for intercourse, I almost always would cum and climax, but since the implant, I have done it once, the second time we had sex. This past Thursday during intercourse, I came real close a couple of times over the course of about 10 min. But just could not get there :? With masturbation with a toy, I usually do cum but it takes a while. I hope this gets better with time. My wife feels guilty that she is not doing her part, I just tell her "no, it's me, it will just take some time."
Andy

It just takes time .....
..... and plenty of practice ! :o
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
Implanted ams700 lgx, 18cm+1cm RTE
March 2018

Return to “Implants”