Post-op depression after implant

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
jmurph36

Re: Post-op depression after implant

Postby jmurph36 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:10 am

I had my surgery done two years ago in Knoxville at the UT Medical Center. I have been suffering from a lot of depression as well. I lost a lot of feeling and, despite the rhetoric, I know that I had more size than what I do now. I feel inadequate as a man and it has been very hard to cope with all this. I'd love to hear more about your story. I'm relatively new to this site. I actually practiced playing my banjo for hours during the day but I have lost all interest in even doing that now and have actually sold it this week just for the extra money. Look forward to hearing from you.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:40 am

It may be that some are more inclined to depression than others. I know firsthand what depression is: I suffered major clinical depression for a time in my 20s due to an extremely stressful divorce. It took me a couple of years to recover from that, but maybe the experience helped me build up some "immunity." Years later I got an implant after struggling for years with ED, but had a stroke that ended my sex life before I had a chance to use it. This was in 2008, and I never suffered a minute of depression over it. It was a disappointment to be sure, but for whatever reason I have fortunately been able to accept the inevitable and get on with life.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

antelope

Postby antelope » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:56 am

My cardiologist and my heart surgeon told me to watch out for mood swings, depression, and such after my 9 hours of open heart surgery. I'm pretty sure there is such a thing as post-op depression related to the anesthesia, maybe in the same zip code as post-partum. Since the surgery you're talking about deals with every man's favorite body part, my guess is that the male tendency to suppress emotional responses to just about anything may be cast aside when the topic is our own penis.
Caveat: I got my degree in psychology from Google Junior College and my doctorate from Old Man University. All the best.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

treetop

Postby treetop » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:11 am

moetheman wrote:I went through the post-op depression too (not sure what else to call it). Getting out of bed was difficult and inflating also made my heart sink every time. To be honest it still does somewhat but the only thing that lifted me out of it was contacting Eid and making up my mind to go for a revision. I now know that what I have is pathetic and using this damn thing with a lady will almost be impossible and no amount of time will improve things significantly enough. It has taken a lot of effort to pick myself up. Even more depressing is that Im paying out of pocket twice but to be honest I would gladly give up all the money I have to have this issue fixed and have the mental torture end finally. I do not want to feel like that ever again.

I see a revision by Dr. EID, so did he mess up and you need another revision? Or was that before Dr. EID did the revision?

Are you going for another revision with Dr. EID?...
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

justanotherdrumber

Postby justanotherdrumber » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:30 pm

One element of deression can stem from being in a situation where you have N0 or very limited control or uncertainty over the outcome, not the surgery; more exactly where you stand presently or what to do about it.
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
Implanted ams700 lgx, 18cm+1cm RTE
March 2018

Bubba1956

Postby Bubba1956 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:15 am

Does everyone experience this depression? How do you prevent this? is this something new? 8-)
I am 62 years old. Full blown Ed for 10 years. married for 18 years. my urologist dr. Kershen. Implanted October 15,2018. AMS 700 LGX 18cm length by 12 mm diameter I live in Coleman, Mi. USA : 8-) )

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”