Pain Diary 8 Aug 2018 DougAnd

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougAnd

Re: Pain Diary 8 Aug 2018 DougAnd "Best fit"

Postby DougAnd » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:56 am

Day 8 Looking at your post opp pics, youtube and online I see really shrunken stubs I see grotesque discoloration I see extreme scrotal swelling and I see Frankenstein like sutures that remind me of a pomegranate. I realize that you guys were brave enough to show me a glimpse of my future and help me cope with the gnawing fears of the unknown My demons are very real and very powerful. You have helped me come too grips with the emotional and physical costs of this surgery. I am very grateful. Thank you.
I have to assume from the pics that most of you have had some version of the "Best fit" surgery. This requires no pumps for 6 weeks. I'm not an expert and I'm sure the others will gladly correct me if this is wrong but with AMS it appears that if your flaccid penis was only about 1 inch or so shorter than your erection then you will notice little change using this method. If you were average about 5.5 inches had a flaccid 3.5 inches like me and did not choose the LGX then you permanently lost about 3/4 to 1 inch in length. Since my surgeon #2 never stretched me out and only saw my flaccid with was pretty std he may have assumed that my erection was about std also. I asked him to induce an erection so that we could both have a clear expectation and he immediately bailed. 'm getting bad vibes he said I've been doing this a long time and I can tell when someone will not be pleased with the outcome. End of visit. My wife said she thought that was very rude. So the inch he showed me was probably off. Maybe more like 1.5 or 2 like surgeon #3.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

DougAnd

Re: Pain Diary 8 Aug 2018 DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:38 am

Day 8 cont. Social security called had to go. Anyway it seems as if the bigger the difference between your flaccid and erect penis the bigger the hit to your length using the std "Best fit" method. Unless you choose the LGX or find a preservation surgeon then that is what you can expect. Your erection will be 1 to 2 inches longer than your flaccid penis.
To pump or not to pump. My doc gave me 2 pumps before I awoke. That gave me 4" out the door. Normally from pics you guys were maybe 2". Next day I was 4.5 and now 5 1/4. I'm going to come clean here totally honest. I thought that I was buckled. Well I still am crooked but not buckled. What I felt was the bottom of the prosthesis shaft diving deep into my penis. Feels like a big bump. And it is on both sides. Anyway in the shower I tried to pump it up to relieve the buckle. The thing started humming so I actually deflated. Says to squeeze your penis to totally empty. I did not but frantically tried to pump in the right place. Something clicked and I got about 2 1/4 half pumps. So my guess is that I'm actually about where I started at: 2 pumps more or less. After long hot showers my penis grew to its current 5 1/4 inches.
Coming cleaner. Obviously no one wants to type when they are in pain. Right? So I always posted whenever things felt good. Now they were never bad enough for oxy. But the constant pain in my tips and discomfort in the base was probably a 1-3 for hours on end. I would squeeze the glans for relief until that hurt and then slowly release until it hurt again. Sometimes that fixed it. Not always.
Now I am thinking that you non pumped guys have the better deal. If I had it to do over and had the LGX I would take a 1 1/2 inch hit 5" out the door (7 in was my max but unrealistic never wanted that) and slowly pump back to 6 in a year or 2 maybe. Knowing me 5 would have been just fine. But I know that the LGX grows as you cycle daily so I would have gotten at least 5.5. More than enough.
A month ago if you showed this as my near future I would have laughed in your face. Now it is my current reality. Sure you say you'll get your 6 easy to say now. Maybe so but remember I'm only 5 1/4 with only a promised expectation of more and I am still paying for it every minute. I realize that the disease stole my length and the docs are trying to preserve what ever they safely can. You need to decide just how much potential misery you are willing to gamble on for full length preservation. Choose wisely.

o
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:33 pm

Goug, Give yourself a break. You are obsessing. At day 20. I was still 4 1/2 with being pumped almost 90% at 8 days. The swelling keeps everything shrunk up I think. Darn guy, you are trying to go back to work. I cant even imagine that. That has got to add lots of trama. The soonest I have heard of anyone going back to a desk job was 14 days and that caused problems. At 5 to 6 weeks my swolen 4 1/2 was up to 5 3/4. You are not lifting over 10 lbs at work are you? Give it time man.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

DougAnd

Re: Pain Diary 8 Aug 2018 DougAnd dilation

Postby DougAnd » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:00 pm

Day 8 just in from a bask in the hot Fl sun and feeling great! This is the only thing that quiets the pain in my tips. But scrotal swelling is up a bit so back inside with ice.
Each time I try to reconcile the differences in implant methods they always end up irreconcilable. So here is one last try. The only thing that ALL surgeons have in common is the dilated measurement. Over 4 years on and off I have seen numerous videos, articles, studies and have been sent attachments etc concerning implant logic and technique. Measuring methods have changed over the years.
OLDEST: Most old timers were taught to dilate and take 1 cm from the lower measurement and 1 cm from the upper one. That is more than 3/4 of an inch arbitrarily cut off of your erection. But wait Dr Eid has clearly said that this upper measurement should not be exact. So sloppy upper measurement = 1/4",1/2", 1" more cut off. So 1 to 2 inches. My surgeon #2 was a 1 inch kind of guy.
NEWER: One video report (so many I cannot remember which) said that the lower measurement should never be shortened because it never changes with dilation. The distance to your bone is static cannot shrink or expand. The upper measurement should be shortened by 1 cm only if needed. So with slop this would be between 1/4 and 1/2 inch shorter. Could even be the same.
NEWEST: A more recent statement said that you should actually add 1 cm to the upper measurement. With slop that would be even Steven or perhaps 1/4" longer.
These come from all over the world and any surgeon can post a video or put an article in a medical journal.
Let's look at dilation. It stretches your penis to its max length. Eid was right in saying that the thicker your measuring tool the shorter the measurement would be. I saw this as the VED steadily stretched out my girth. I became shorter and shorter. Lost over 1/2" in length. There is no doubt in my mind that this arbitrary decision about what size of implant to use is based on how much your upper part dilates. If you only gain an inch in length then they go easy. But if you gain 3 inches look out chop chop. Most guys do not have 3" of elasticity. So they might not lose very much if anything.
This seems to be the only thing shared in common by all of these guys. And again it is not an every case fits answer. It does seem to work for many Best Fit surgeons. Preservers have their own set of rules.But even they have to use this tool to make their call.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:34 am

Day 9 Pain zero medium swelling. Finally made it out of the internal infection zone. Going to work before that was a stupid idea. Did not know it existed until after plans were made. Many thanks to Larry for sharing his incredible experience! That he is still head high and moving forward after that makes him in my eyes a true brotherhood Icon! Kudos Larry.
I'm no doc but here are the facts. My first five days, butt in the air on a wedge pillow 24/7. Almost no swelling no discoloration except at and around the 3 inch plus scrotal cut and two black marks, one on each side of the base of my penis. My scrotum was bunched in a wad like a prune at its very base. When I walked could not feel it was there. Monday worked 1 hr 5 sec, total 2 hours upright. Scrotum swelled and discoloration traveled. Bed and ice brought swelling back down to nothing. Tues doc, work and store for supplies 4 hours tops. Swelling and discoloration back. This time my scrotum rubbed my legs and was entirely black except for one small patch on one side. My shaft had also turned dark but not as much as the two spots. Ice did not bring down swelling completely so slept on the wedge pillow last night. I had stopped on Monday morning. This Am the swelling is still 20% on my scrotum but the discoloration has faded. Shaft is back to normal color except for same 2 spots. I should add that since Monday I have laid out in the hot Fl sun for about 2 hours a day. Oh that feels so good can't wait to get back from my doc apt today and do it again! When I come back I will share details on the Italian LGX study.

Larry10625

Re: Pain Diary 8 Aug 2018 DougAnd "Best fit"

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:00 am

DougAnd wrote:Day 8 Looking at your post opp pics, youtube and online I see really shrunken stubs I see grotesque discoloration I see extreme scrotal swelling and I see Frankenstein like sutures that remind me of a pomegranate. I realize that you guys were brave enough to show me a glimpse of my future and help me cope with the gnawing fears of the unknown My demons are very real and very powerful. You have helped me come too grips with the emotional and physical costs of this surgery. I am very grateful. Thank you.
I have to assume from the pics that most of you have had some version of the "Best fit" surgery. This requires no pumps for 6 weeks. I'm not an expert and I'm sure the others will gladly correct me if this is wrong but with AMS it appears that if your flaccid penis was only about 1 inch or so shorter than your erection then you will notice little change using this method. If you were average about 5.5 inches had a flaccid 3.5 inches like me and did not choose the LGX then you permanently lost about 3/4 to 1 inch in length. Since my surgeon #2 never stretched me out and only saw my flaccid with was pretty std he may have assumed that my erection was about std also. I asked him to induce an erection so that we could both have a clear expectation and he immediately bailed. 'm getting bad vibes he said I've been doing this a long time and I can tell when someone will not be pleased with the outcome. End of visit. My wife said she thought that was very rude. So the inch he showed me was probably off. Maybe more like 1.5 or 2 like surgeon #3.

My visible dick was about 1" After the implant I had about 3.5" and it continues to get longer and girthier with regular cycling, screwing and VED. I just love my new package. You're wife is right, he is rude and seems like he doesn't want to be challenged by his patients... As long as you are not being an asshole with him, there is no reason for him to be like that with you. :)

Larry

DougAnd

Re: Pain Diary 8 Aug 2018 DougAnd Andrology study LGX

Postby DougAnd » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:29 pm

Day 9 zero pain min swelling.back from pcp appt, work and outside in the sun. This was not like Mon or Tues. Just showered and changed dressing. Slight oozing of scrotal suture. Not out of the woods yet. So on the mattress clean wash cloth over suture and soaking with alcohol. I hope this is not an internal infection. Nurse Fri morn soooo.
The Andrology study of the LGX. I only have a few pages here right now, could never figure out where it was done? But maybe in China? Not really important but when I told surgeon #3 about the study done in Italy (I think the report mentions that?) he said well I'm not Italian. His way of telling me I was completely at his mercy and don't bother trying to get him to change whatever outcome he decided was best. This guy was Arabic and maybe they do things that way over there but in America KISS MY !!!
Anyway for you guys who are afraid of this freeforall as much as I was here is some good stuff.
It was 100 plus patients done over a period of years from which 48 LGXer were chosen. There were more than that but only those who had ED from radical prostate or other surgeries, diabetes, high blood pressure or mild to mid Peyronies disease were chosen. Those who had severe scarring like me were disqualified. That tells me that they had not successfully used VED therapy. Also the results show that as well. These 48 were done the same way. All were inflated 50% until healed (2 to 3 weeks is normal for preservers. By that time scarring has set your length enough to deflate.)
All had both general anesthesia and spinal block. Most surgeons do one or the other but not both. If you do not do the spinal block it is impossible to get a true measurement during dilation. I made sure that my surgeons did not use a spinal block because I have two collapsed dicks and did not want to wake up crippled for life.
Measuring: So keep in mind that this was an accurate measurement. It says: The length of the implanted AMS 700 LGX cylinders correspond exactly to the intracorporeal measurements proximally and distally within the corpora with a furlow inserter and adding the two measurements. They measured each side twice for accuracy. So this was exact no fudge max stretched measurement. When I asked Dr Saraceno to do that he said no it will cause distal erosion. Turns out he was right but only because I used VED. Had I come in with 5 3/8 he would have said the same was not at all interested in if I did or did not use VED.
Results. He is what you all have been waiting for. From least to most length:
At time of surgery flaccid stretch 4.72 inches - 5.59 inches.
A good flaccid stretch is equal to a full hard erection. My guys both did a wimpy one about .4 inches short of full
50% pumped at time of surgery: 4.68 inches - 5.63 inches.
100 % pumped at time of surgery: 4.96 inches - 5.98 inches
6 months: flaccid stretch 4.96 inches - 5.82 inches
50% pumped never changed
100% pumped: 5.11 inches - 6.14 inches
1 year: flaccid stretch 5.11 inches - 6.06 inches
50% pumped never changed
100% pumped: 5.157 inches - 6.18 inches
It is obvious that all of these guys had shrunk from ED. You cannot get back what you never lost.
So the shortest guys grew from 4.72 inches to 5.157 inches in a year's time.
The longest guys grew from 5.59 inches to 6.18 inches within a year.
That was just over half an inch for the best. But keep in mind that these guys all got better than what they brought in right out the door. The rest was gravy. Till Fri

FreddyFree

Re: Pain Diary 8 Aug 2018 DougAnd Andrology study LGX

Postby FreddyFree » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:53 pm

DougAnd wrote:study

Do you have a link to this study?
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

DougAnd

Re: Pain Diary 8 Aug 2018 DougAnd surgeons' report

Postby DougAnd » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:51 pm

Day 9 no pain moderate scrotal swelling it is about 7pm. Worked 24 min today they needed a shipment delivered down the road. I stopped in to see if I can realistically return to work on Monday. Scrotal swelling is about 40% and darker than this morning. I'm on ice again and will be back on the wedge pillow to sleep.
Guys if you live in the USA then by law they must give you a copy of your surgeon's notes. I had two on the job so got a twofer for the price of one. Nice. It reads almost like the videos online but not everything in exactly the same order. They put in the catheter before surgery. Each surgeon gives details that the other omits. Very nice. So Dr Prody did the left side of my penis while Dr Saraceno did the right side. They both measured exactly the same. Both easily made it up to my glans. Did not say that they made it down to the bone but assume they did.
Both sides were identical 11 cm down and 10 cm above to the glans. I made two different guesses before surgery. The first was 12.065 lower and 14.732 cm upper using 18 cm with 8.75 rte. The second was 12.7 lower and 15.24 upper 21 cm with 6.94 cm rte. Neither was close. My lower was much closer then the upper. My upper was based on 5.9 inches and 6.6 inches. So basically they measured 4 1/3 inches down and 3.93 inches above. A week ago I would be furious but now I'm not at all. The LGX will fix everything if needed. Will be interesting to see how this pans out. One thing is sure you can see the scrotal cut and it is just beneath the penis' surface. It looks like 3 or 4 cm short? Both reports mention my thin walls. It looks as if we all got what we wanted. But maybe not what I asked for? In about 6 weeks I should know more. But right now I am very satisfied could not have asked for more except for less smoke and mirrors and complete transparency.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:20 pm

13 days may or may not be enough. Everyone heals differently. Don’t try to push it. If you’re unsure, take more time off.

Return to “Implants”