Pain Diary 8 Aug 2018 DougAnd

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
flyweed

Re: Pain Diary 8 Aug 2018 DougAnd

Postby flyweed » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:29 pm

I am glad you are proceeding so quickly. I'd be willing to say that your experience is the "exception" and NOT the "norm" for most procedures. Pain, swelling and recovery are normally 4-6 weeks. Especially pumping yourself up so quickly. I am opting for the slow and steady approach, as my Dr. has recommended.
implanted: 07/31/2018 AMS 700 LGX. 18cm cylinders with 2cm RTE's - Dr. Schomburg-Urologist

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:21 pm

Day 6 no pain, sort of no swelling just shrinking. The nurse came by this AM, called last night to set apt. Thought he was gone after catheter found out he needs x number of visits to bill medicare. Anyway he left and then off to doc's office, picked up my work release and straight to work.I was surprised that he signed off without seeing or talking to me. Oh well. I only lasted an hour then left work. I know I know. told me so, right? I bought a cup for support but that does nothing for my penis. Doc inflated me 20% so I am erect and firm but not big. Still the constant rubbing killed me quick. Pain shot to 8 and I called it quits. Can't take meds at work. Now back home in bed and no pain. I really don't know what to do with my penis? No way to protect it from rubbing at work. That will be a problem. The cup worked fine so in the shower I checked to see why it fit so very snugly Well my scrotum has shrunk into a wad like as if you were standing in cold water which I am not. Very strange. So back in bed again till tomorrow then to see the doc and off to work again after. Need to figure out how to protect an erect penis while working. Ideas???. STAY HOME !!!
Roger that
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:20 pm

Day 6 5pm Pain oh yes. I'm back on ice no meds yet.This is for you guys who are going to have an implant. If you feel really great on day 5 don't go to work on day 6. I'm thinking maybe day 13? I went off of ice 2 days ago. Now it will be a long night.
Everyone I talked to all 5 docs and both AMS nurses mentioned "best fit". No one described what it meant. Does anyone know?
Well surgeon's 2 and 3 kind of did without actually telling me that is what they were talking about. Number 2 said he would shrink me an inch so 5 inches and number 3 could not even guarantee me 4 1/2 inches. These both seem to point to one thing. I'm just guessing here have no clue what is real but from what I'm now going through I suspect strongly that "best fit" means exactly that. After surgery the prosthesis fits your body perfectly without any adjustments needed.
I would love to talk to Eid and Kramer and to their patients to se if they had any curving or buckling right after surgery and preserved their natural length.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:22 pm

I am no expert on this subject, but the only time I have read of buckling or curveing is when the implant was to long. My doc said he would shoot for a wee bit short and the LGX would grow into whatever natural space will allow. Over length is bad. He guaranteed me with cycling my lgx would completely fill all the natural space in my tunica.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:15 pm

Day 6 pain level zero again thanks to our friend Mr. Ice. Obviously going to work was a mistake. My wife and I have agreed to make it somehow until the 13th. I have 3 days of paid vacation so that is only a loss of 2 days wages.
It is 7:30 pm. and I'm still thinking about "Best fit" "Best outcome" Never had those terms explained though they were used interchangeably again and again. I think I understand what they mean. The Italian study of the LGX, day of surgery 6 months and 1 year showed growth in length of all participants. They were required to inflate to 50% for the first two weeks following surgery. I asked my doc to do that. No he said your walls are too thin I'll do 2 pumps, 20%. Bad idea. The only pain I've hard was from being inflated. Those Italian guys either had ice on 24/7 or were high on meds for 2 weeks. They did not have best fit and I don't think they used the VED.
I think that surgeon's #2 and 3 told me what best fit means. #2 was going to shrink me 1 inch and #3 about 1 1/2 inches. So after I used the VED for one month I outgrew the tube. It was just over 7". At that time my girth was 1 7/8 inches wide about 5.8 inches around. Surgeons do not use VED pressures to judge length. I flaccid stretched myself after a long hot soak very effective prolonged pull and got 6.5 every time. They don't go by that either. Docs #4 and #5 gave me a solid pull 6+ inches and that is what they go by. My flaccid rest after a hot bath penis lifted with one hand ruler in another was 3.5 more or less. It changes of course but that was hot. That is a 3 inch difference between erect and not. No prosthesis can automatically handle that much stretch. As far as I can tell for AMS units 1 inch is about it out the door. Best fit probably means no buckling after surgery. So in my case that would be 1 inch shorter for #2 and 1 1/2 inch shorter for #3. So from a 7 inch max to about 4.5 or 5. And there would have been no buckling or discomfort it would have been a perfect fit.
Had you told me that was my only option before surgery I would still be researching and waiting on technology to catch up to need. Meanwhile I would have rapidly shrunk too small to use a urinal. But now I would say ok let's do it.
Hats off to Larry. For years and years he has daily fought to regain his lost length. I'm more of a use it and forget about it till next time kind of guy.
Had I read this post 4 years ago, after I had called Eid and Kramer to check it out to see if you did need to really work to preserve your length, and if you did then I would have taken up doc #2's offer and gladly given up an inch. Just my 2 cents for those of you trying to find your way. To paraphrase Larry a 5 inch rock hard erection beats a 7 inch mushroom any day. I now 110% agree. Too bad I didn't think that in May. Would have been healed and enjoying by now and by passed a mountain of grief.
DougAnd

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:21 pm

7" marshmallow not mushroom

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Day 6 can't sleep took an oxy. It is 10:44 pm. Just going through word and realized that I never posted this.
DougAnd
Day 2 pain 0 swelling 0 The nurse coming soon. Wanted to describe my situation. I am on a double high single blow up mattress in our great room. Beside me is the media center and at my head a low coffee table. On the other side is another small table for food and ice packs. Between me and the media center is a 5-gal bucket for urine and a gallon jug of water and other supplies. The catheter bag is on the floor down there at the end of a very long hose. I am laying on a large wedge pillow with my legs and feet lifted up about my heart. During the day I slide my butt farther under so that my groin is also about my heart. Last night I felt the urge to have a BM. It was dark I groped around for the bag very hard to get out of bed. Anyway, on the way up something must have caught the tube because I felt a sharp jerk. OUCH! I was already bleeding at the tip I’m sure that didn’t help. False alarm no BM only air. Back to bed and eventually to sleep. This AM I can now see the tip of my Penis and the prominent snake bite. Also, it is crooked to the left. The catheter jerk has loosened the tape near the head and I can see inside about 2 inches or so. It feels really hard even at 2 pumps. Nurse coming soon more later.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:21 am

OK Day 7 twilight outside. counted by docs as day 6 was to have been my free from infection internally day. Or was it yesterday? Each time I see the nurse he changes it. Now I think Wed is the day but Wed it might become Thur. Not because of how I look, just because. Anyway It was 1 AM in the morning on the 9th just after midnight that I awoke felt the urge to BM and accidentally jerked my tube. Sat on the toilet for awhile. Tape from the top had been pulled away clearly saw the snake bite for the first time. Felt the really hard rods inside of my really little guy grabbed a tape shoved it down and took a measurement. 4 inches. Freaked out and gave up on the BM. Wrote please help on FT. A plea of total ignorance. Sorry about that. But you guys are brutally honest and straight forward. In my still current emotional state I really need that.
Anyway from Day 1 I've had a growing tenderness around my saline sac. I don't know about you guys but I was completely numb around and below my incisions for about 3 days. But on Day 1 I felt what I thought was buckling still do but now I realize that the connection joint on the saline sac is wrapped around the base of my penis in the left side. He pumped me twice and of course the tube is hard. Today at the docs I will show him my crooked head and wrapped tubing. Post again after. I should mention that after the bandages came off the left curve was very visible. My penis was constantly moving inside and at one point felt a really sharp pain a #4 looked down and saw it bent to the left about half way up.
Bottom line I have no swelling or leakage around the wound above my penis where they inserted the sac. But I might have an infection? No warmth but then again I'm using ice again so hard to tell. More after apt.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:16 pm

Day 7 no pain right now and swelling is going down again. This has been quite the day. I was released for work yesterday made 1 hour and down for the count. Had a doc appt this AM so stopped by the surgery center and got the surgeon's notes. Will read tomorrow. Off to the Doc. I was still very sore from yesterday and the swelling returned when I got into the car.I began sweating in the AC at the Doc's office. Was I infected? No signs on the outside but tender as hell. Appt was an hour late as usual and I came early. I was taken back and blood pressure checked. 200. A new record for me. I told the asst that I might have infection would she please take my temp. I could hear her giving the Doc an ongoing up dates each time she left for more equip. Took my pressure again using a large cup. Down to 160 and no fever. The Doc came in and had a look. Told me my surgery had been perfect no problems at all. He intimated that he had been able to keep his promise without reservation but of course not in those words. The excessive scarring and thin walls were not an issue.Wish he had told me that right after surgery, would have saved me mountains of anxiety. So next week staples removed and 6 weeks from surgery I will start cycling. Sounds good to me. By then soreness and swelling should be gone. And oh yes my crooked penis. Not a concern just said to keep it straight and it will adjust. Swelling inside was deforming its shape. I thought I had something protruding from near the left side base of my penis felt like the sac connections. He said the tubes went around the other right hand side. After feeling more closely I realize they are on both sides. Apparently I am very shallow my tubes split off and go deeper into my penis right at the base. Those hard lumps are the actual rods.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:21 am

Day 8 WOW! info overload. first keeping my butt elevated stopped swelling but may have slowed the healing process. Monday went to work for 1 hr. Standing caused swelling. Got that down ok in bed. Tues doc appt and then work for 1 hr. More swelling and never went completely down. The ice bag must have been on my prostate area. Had a BM but the urine would not come. Finally stood up and ouch. Hard and burning. I thought for sure I must be infected. 2 hrs later w/ no ice I peed again this time normally. Today burning is gone and no problems.
New plan. No more wedge pillow. Flat on my back, ice as needed. Also I'm taking Tylenol and ibu. Oxy if I need it.
I have 5 days to step up healing. That will be day 13. What do you been there done that guys think. Is that enough before work? 13 days? Thank you

Return to “Implants”