Documents Worth Reading List

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
Woodicould

Re: Reading list and videos

Postby Woodicould » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Prostate cancer age 65 with PSA 5.8. Biopsy Oct 2010. Gleason score of 7, 3+4 with perineural invasion. Stage II, T2cNXMX.
Jan-Feb 2011 radiation. Palladium-103 seed implant March 2011 (55 implants). Lupron treatment from Dec 2010 to Aug 2011 (8 months).

jn1421

Re: Documents and etc. Worth Reading List

Postby jn1421 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:29 pm

A lot of time and work went into this; thank you very much for putting it all together in categories too. Your effort here is one of the many reasons that make FrankTalk a gold mine of information.

Woodicould

Postby Woodicould » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:25 pm

the link for the video on masturbation is
https://blausen.com/en/video/masturbation-male/
Prostate cancer age 65 with PSA 5.8. Biopsy Oct 2010. Gleason score of 7, 3+4 with perineural invasion. Stage II, T2cNXMX.
Jan-Feb 2011 radiation. Palladium-103 seed implant March 2011 (55 implants). Lupron treatment from Dec 2010 to Aug 2011 (8 months).

handfulWES

Postby handfulWES » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:16 pm

Guys I am at a lost here. I have almost 50 years fighting ED issues and doctors early on doing implants from about the only company that made them AMS and wouldn't do one unless you were 60 or older unless you had a spinal cord injury.

I will try to be tactful here. This size issue isn't about stretching with a pump before surgery. I don't know where this is coming from. To my knowledge, and by certified genuine medical doctors in the urology field you can't make more than Mother Nature gave you WITHOUT actual surgery and drop out some of your penis that is up inside you. With my first implant that actually worked, AMS 700 I lost 2 inches ALL BECAUSE THEY DON'T MAKE ONE BIG ENOUGH FOR A GUY WHO IS OVER 6 1/2 INCHES. That was till my last revision and my doctor used a Coloplast and made me just like new. It was there all the time. Yes, he put my implant in and left it pumped to the hilt for like 10 days to bring out my tissue. He told me that wouldn't have been necessary had I had the correct size implant from the beginning. OK I am not that big but I did have more than 6 1/2 inches and girth to match. I just clicked one link and almost lost it about pumping. There isn't a man alive on God's green earth who has made his fucking dick bigger with a fucking pump. I believe I stated this in terms you are well able to understand. Forgive the language but I almost lost it.

I don't care if you respond to my post. What I know medically this does not compute. If I am wrong, and it is provable with MEDICAL DATA not by some research statistics. I could be wrong, I don't think so I believe there is far to much JUNK SCIENCE going around, like free Testosterone and harnessing it and putting it to use. CAN'T BE DONE! I guess that was grammar you will understand. I am not exactly an ignorant fool. I have education from 2 different colleges, more military schools than I am able to count on 2 hands with all my fingers and thumbs. I have a music education of god I don't even know the total of years - In short I might be a country boy and from the wrong side of the tracks, hell I don't know but I don't lack education.

I am interested to see if this brings the house down!

handfulWES
68, single, have had an implant since I was 42. Goals: to help men with ED; help men over come years of failure; to know their bodies; have a richer fuller sex life whether they or straight, Bi or gay. last I traveled this road starting in the late 60's

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:26 pm

handfulWES wrote:Guys I am at a lost here. I have almost 50 years fighting ED issues and doctors early on doing implants from about the only company that made them AMS and wouldn't do one unless you were 60 or older unless you had a spinal cord injury.

I will try to be tactful here. This size issue isn't about stretching with a pump before surgery. I don't know where this is coming from. To my knowledge, and by certified genuine medical doctors in the urology field you can't make more than Mother Nature gave you WITHOUT actual surgery and drop out some of your penis that is up inside you. With my first implant that actually worked, AMS 700 I lost 2 inches ALL BECAUSE THEY DON'T MAKE ONE BIG ENOUGH FOR A GUY WHO IS OVER 6 1/2 INCHES. That was till my last revision and my doctor used a Coloplast and made me just like new. It was there all the time. Yes, he put my implant in and left it pumped to the hilt for like 10 days to bring out my tissue. He told me that wouldn't have been necessary had I had the correct size implant from the beginning. OK I am not that big but I did have more than 6 1/2 inches and girth to match. I just clicked one link and almost lost it about pumping. There isn't a man alive on God's green earth who has made his fucking dick bigger with a fucking pump. I believe I stated this in terms you are well able to understand. Forgive the language but I almost lost it.

I don't care if you respond to my post. What I know medically this does not compute. If I am wrong, and it is provable with MEDICAL DATA not by some research statistics. I could be wrong, I don't think so I believe there is far to much JUNK SCIENCE going around, like free Testosterone and harnessing it and putting it to use. CAN'T BE DONE! I guess that was grammar you will understand. I am not exactly an ignorant fool. I have education from 2 different colleges, more military schools than I am able to count on 2 hands with all my fingers and thumbs. I have a music education of god I don't even know the total of years - In short I might be a country boy and from the wrong side of the tracks, hell I don't know but I don't lack education.

I am interested to see if this brings the house down!

handfulWES

I don't think anyone will disagree with you... that's not the size they are talking about. Every month that a man with RD goes untreated, his penis atrophy's. When you are implanted with the AMS LGX, you are able to reclaim quite a bit of your original length and girth up to what the good lord gave you. :)

Larry

AnotherOldMan

Postby AnotherOldMan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:07 am

you can't make more than Mother Nature gave you

In some cases you can restore some lost size with a pumping regime. Tissues need oxygen to maintain health.

You are 100% correct in that we are what our inherited genetics code. If I inherit genes to be 6'2", I will never be able to
stretch my height to 7'2".
Married 50+ years. Use VED for sex and do
daily exercises with both water and vacuum pumps.

handfulWES

Postby handfulWES » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:18 pm

I know I come on like gang busters. It may well be possible that the AMS 700 has changed. What I did know going into my last revision was I wasn't going to have another and had the good fortune to have a Coloplast and thought I went over 21 years not my size but with less, it was still there. I will not say that my doctor didn't leave my new implant pumped to the hilt most likely stretching my junk out and I took pain pills for several weeks as if they were candy. Once HE actually learned on my second follow up visit that I was full of infection, he flatten my ass in the hospital and placed me IV antibiotics 3 times a day for seven days. He did attempt to try and deflate my device and I told him even with 2 IV pushes of Morphine I would kill him if he touched it again. At the end of 7 days I still had an infection. I went home, took care of some business and came back 5 days later for him ]]]to fix this all over again. My surgery took over 6 hours and went I hit post Opt, I was so fucking sick and weak I almost could puke. He got that stopped all because he stayed me and kept giving me IV puke meds till I stopped. I now had another implant. He actually had to take and wash my insides out. He had to cut me so he could handle everything in my lower belly and wash everything like you might with a garden hose.

It took 11 weeks before we could even take my device down any. I was almost 3 months before I could actually use the damn thing. This is why I say, I actually believe I know something. Would I do it again, I sure as hell would because now I can run with the best of them. I am working on the list. I have such a nasty cold and cough today, a cold which I almost never get, was brought home by Anita who teaches little elementary kids. Steve said welcome to my world. LOL

Thank you guys for your comments. One MAJOR last thing here. Sometimes I may play the devil's advocate. I may make a statement that I don't exactly agree with or I may throw something out to see where it lands. THE POINT YOU ASK! I want to see if you are actually thinking. I can only wish I could have had 1/5 of this reading material back in the mid 80's and early 90's. The age of personal computers was just taking place. The net wasn't what it is today and most of you from what I know so far have had the opportunity to benefit from it. All I had was I believe 3 different brochures, and the library. My god the Library. Who uses that anymore. I would like to feel that in some very small way, I help to blaze a trail where there was none. I was talking to someone who is part of Frank Talk WHO actually put it together, the time era I was in. He is about 60 just starting with issues, oh hell even someone who is in their twenties is still ahead of the curve. GUYS think: for those old enough to actually think back to 1969 GET IT. Hell only the government and big corporations knew what a computer was. I am a teen knowing the Beatles first hand, Evils and all the others. I am an old fart here. I STILL WOULD NOT TRADE MY IMPLANT nor everything I have been thru.

handfulWES
68, single, have had an implant since I was 42. Goals: to help men with ED; help men over come years of failure; to know their bodies; have a richer fuller sex life whether they or straight, Bi or gay. last I traveled this road starting in the late 60's

NickiSisco

Re: Documents Worth Reading List

Postby NickiSisco » Fri May 24, 2019 3:05 am

Great information.

Alex-Dys

Postby Alex-Dys » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:33 am

This is encouraging. Read articles thoroughly, and note that all articles are significantly recent.

https://www.futuramedical.com/what-we-d ... -overview/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32001815

https://pharmaphorum.com/news/futura-se ... al-device/

If you cannot click-through - - highlight each link, copy, and paste in a new browser window.
60 year old gay man. At 55 had lymphoma along with prostate cancer - very tiny gleason 6 , 1 out of 12 cores 1%.
Had to do radiation to area. Mild-moderate ED since. Pills still work, and nocturnal erection to this day.

Fernando

Postby Fernando » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:48 pm

prótese futuro.pdf
(248.77 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
bldoink wrote:A sticky with a list of documents worth reading. It is followed by a page for videos worth watching.
I often see documents that are worthwhile reading but I usually fail to note where I found them and would have difficulty finding them again if I could. I wish I had saved links for the good stuff I've come across. Below you'll find some of my suggestions for links along with a few suggestions from other members. Please contribute your own suggestions:

Kinda General Interest

Injections

• INSTRUCTIONS

• EXAMPLES OF AVAILABLE MIXES
    Compounding pharmacies should be able to prepare any Mono-mix, Bi-mix, Tri-mix or Quad-mix as specified and prescribed by your doctor. That is the case with the pharmacy I use. However, many have several standard mixes they offer with usually a mild or starter Tri-mix, a medium Tri-mix and a strong mix. Some only offer those standard mixes and some will also offer a standard quad-mix and Bi-mix. There does not seem to be great consistency between pharmacies as to what the standard mixes are. The pharmacy I use doesn't market standard mixes and just fills the prescription as specified by your doctor. Below you will find a list of standard mixes as provided by three pharmacies as of 04/03/19. This is not an endorsement of these pharmacies. The information is provided to give users a rough idea of what's out there. Their offerings are used as examples here simply because they do list standard mixes and their offerings were fairly easy to locate on their web site. They are subject to change at any time so this list may become obsolete quickly:

• Olympia Compounding Pharmacy
      Mild Tri-mix (T105) Papaverine 30mg/ml - Phent. 1mg/ml - PGE-1 (alprostadil) 10mcg/ml

Med Tri-mix (T106) Papaverine 30mg/ml - Phent. 1mg/ml - PGE-1 (alprostadil) 25mcg/ml

Strong Tri-mix (ST2) Papaverine 30mg/ml - Phent. 3mg/ml - PGE-1 (alprostadil) 100mcg/ml
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Quad-mix (QM3) Papaverine 30mg/ml - Phent. 3mg/ml - PGE-1 (alprostadil) 150mcg/ml - Atrophine 0.2mg/ml
      ==============================================================================================
    • Zion Clinical Pharmacy
      TriMix Light Papaverine 7.5mg/ml - Phent. .5mg/ml - PGE-1 (alprostadil) 10mcg/ml

TriMix Regular Papaverine 15mg/ml - Phent. 1mg/ml - PGE-1 (alprostadil) 20mcg/ml

TriMix XTRA Papaverine 30mg/ml - Phent. 2mg/ml - PGE-1 (alprostadil) 40mcg/ml
      ==============================================================================================
    • Empower Pharmacy
      Bi-Mix Light Papaverine 30mg/ml - Phent. 1mg/ml

Bi-Mix Strong Papaverine 30mg/ml - Phent. 2mg/ml
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      TriMix Lite Papaverine 30mg/ml - Phent. 1mg/ml - PGE-1 (alprostadil) 10mcg/ml

TriMix Strong Papaverine 30mg/ml - Phent. 2mg/ml - PGE-1 (alprostadil) 20mcg/ml
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Quad-mix Lite Papaverine 30mg/ml - Phent. 2mg/ml - PGE-1 (alprostadil) 20mcg/ml - Atrophine 200mcg/ml

Quad-mix Strong Papaverine 30mg/ml - Phent. 4mg/ml - PGE-1 (alprostadil) 40mcg/ml - Atrophine 400mcg/ml
  • A LITTLE HISTORY

• OTHER INFO

• Priapism - See Priapism listed under the Disease section
    • Long-term stability of trimix: a three-drug injection used to treat erectile dysfunction.
      Trissel LA1, Zhang Y. An abstract: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23924676
    • Relation between Intracavernosal Dose of Prostaglandin Pge 1 and Mean Duration of Erection in Men with Different Underlying Causes of Erectile Dysfunction: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2080498/
    • Use of a visual analog scale to assess pain of injection with intracavernous injection therapy - An Abstract: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16422875
    • Penile fibrosis in intracavernosal prostaglandin E1 injection therapy for erectile dysfunction
      Chew, Stuckey, Earle, Dhaliwal and Keogh: https://www.nature.com/articles/3900296.pdf?origin=publication_detail
    • INTRACAVERNOSAL INJECTIONS AND FIBROSIS: MYTH OR REALITY?
      Raanan Tal and John P. Mulhall: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2008.07738.x
    • Clinical and sonographic assessment of the side effects of intracavernous injection of vasoactive substances
      Moemen MN, Hamed HA, Kamel II, Shamloul RM, Ghanem HM: https://www.nature.com/articles/3901194
    • The substitution of Phentolamine with an equal
      amount of Chlopromazine as an alpha-blocker
      in vasoactive cocktails used for intracavernous
      injection therapy for the treatment of erectile
      dysfunction - An abstract -
      RA Uebel & AC Schmidt: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/20786204.2007.10873496

Implants

• General Implant Stuff
    • Surgical Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction, By Faruk Kucukdurmaz and Ates Kadioglu Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Urology Department, Istanbul Turkey, an abstract : https://www.researchgate.net/publication/221926419_Surgical_Treatment_of_Erectile_Dysfunction
    • Treating erectile dysfunction with penile implants, Harvard: https://www.harvardprostateknowledge.org/treating-erectile-dysfunction-with-penile-implants
    • Head-to-Head: A biomechanical Comparison Between the AMS LGX 700 and The Coloplast Titan by Scovell, Barrera, Leihui, Perito, Wilson, Carrion and Hakky. A PDF (Sexual Medical Society of North America): http://www.smsna.org/scottsdale2016/presentations/209.pdf
    • Inflatable penile prosthesis implantation without corporeal dilation: a cavernous tissue sparing technique. -An abstract - Moncada, Martínez-Salamanca, Jara, Cabello, Moralejo, Hernández: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20092840
    • Penile Lengthening, Girth, and Size Preservation at the Time of Penile Prosthesis Insertion: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28238678
    • Strategies for maintaining penile size following penile implant: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4708606/
    • Patient satisfaction and penile morphology changes with postoperative penile rehabilitation 2 years after Coloplast Titan prosthesis by Pryor, Carrion, Wang, and Henry: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5000799/
    • Use of Rear Tip Extenders Results in Greater Inflatable Penile Prosthesis Cylinder Deflection by Eid, Taylor and Gordon: http://www.smsna.org/scottsdale2016/presentations/206.pdf
    • Dr Eid's opinion on maximizing size and Coloplast vs AMS

Note - This info is not confirmed by direct contact with Dr. Eid. It is a link to a post by F.T. member "Hawkman". It does seem consistent with the PDF linked above.

Hawkman "Below Is Dr. Eid's official view as provided to me:" http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10114

• Maintaining Size Before Implant
    • Vacuum Preparation, Optimization of Cylinder Length
      and Postoperative Daily Inflation Reduces Complaints of
      Shortened Penile Length Following Implantation of
      Inflatable Penile Prosthesis - PDF of Abstract - By Sellers, Dineen, Salem, and Wilson: http://file.scirp.org/pdf/ASM_2013012514045982.pdf

Vacuum Erection Devices - AKA Pumps

• ED Treatment with Manual Vacuum
    Erection Device - A PDF from Ohio State University: https://patienteducation.osumc.edu/Documents/after-roboticprost-manualvacuum.pdf
  • How to Use a Penis Pump for Penis Exercise
    - A link to a page by SOMATHERAPY-ED, which is a VED seller, written by Michael Osbon. This is not an endorsement for the product (or against it) just a link to a page I think is informative (thanks to forum member AnotherOldMan): https://www.augustams.com/how-to-use-a-penis-pump-for-penis-exercise/
  • Also see the links below under:
    1) Penile rehabilitation after prostate cancer \ The Use of Vacuum Erection Devices in Erectile Dysfunction After Radical Prostatectomy
    and
    2) Disease \ Peyronie's \ The role of vacuum pump therapy to mechanically straighten the penis in Peyronie’s disease.

Sexuality

Anorgasmia - Delayed ejaculation or Difficulty Achieving Orgasm

Testosterone Replacement Therapy and Hypogonadism

Disease

• Peyronie's

• Rationale of combination therapy with antioxidants in medical management of Peyronie’s disease: results of clinical application by G. Paulis, A. Paulis, Romano, Barletta, and Fabiani. An Abstract: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5530853/
    • PEYRONIE’S DISEASE: A REVIEW OF ETIOLOGY, DIAGNOSIS, AND MANAGEMENT by
      Bilgutay and Pastuszak. An Abstract: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4535719/
    • The role of vacuum pump therapy to mechanically straighten the penis in Peyronie’s disease
      Amr Raheem, Garaffa, Tarek Raheem, Dixon, Kayes, Christopher David Ralph - PDF: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2010.09365.x
  • BXO

Penile rehabilitation after prostate cancer

Member Recommended ED Related Books

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

Anyone interested in helping to develop this list? Please chime in!

Return to “General Discussion”