Is anyone here injecting testosterone?

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
CTR5000

Re: Is anyone here injecting testosterone?

Postby CTR5000 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:41 am

I do both my and my husband Jim’s Testosterone Cypionate injections every 2 weeks. (Jim would pass out trying to do his own or mine!) Injected in our glutes (butt). Originally we were supplied with 22 gauge; 1” length syringes. I prefer a bit wider gauge to ease up on resistance, and a slightly longer length just to provide a bit more leeway when I’m turning and twisting to hit my own injection site. I find 20 gauge; 1.5” length perfect!

Testosterone Cypionate (aka: Depo-Testosterone)
Dosage: 200mg/ml – Inject 1ml into muscle every 2 weeks.

(The Testosterone and syringes are paid in full, with no out-of-pocket costs to us.)

In addition, we add an androgen and anabolic steroid (AAS) to Jim’s injection, in order to build up and maintain muscle mass lost through chemo and radiation:

Nandrolone Decanoate (aka: Deca Durabolin)

(We must get Nandrolone Decanoate compounded and pay for it out-of-pocket. But no complaints at all. Among all medications for either of us, I believe this is the only one that isn’t covered completely. A $300, 12ml vial is a 6-month supply.)

Prior to going to the injectable form of Testosterone, we both were doing AndroGel for about 5 years. That’s about when labs showed that it was no longer working. Turns out we had lost enough subcutaneous fat to prevent the gel from being absorbed. Jim was given Testim gel to try then, since not all testosterone gels are bio-equivalents, but still, the sub-q fat issue prevented it from working also. In all honesty though, I prefer injecting twice a month. I find it a more convenient schedule to just do it and be done for the next two weeks. And I’ve had other issues requiring injections since my 30’s – so I have no issues or reluctance regarding needles.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 am

CTR5000 wrote:I do both my and my husband Jim’s Testosterone Cypionate injections every 2 weeks. (Jim would pass out trying to do his own or mine!) Injected in our glutes (butt). Originally we were supplied with 22 gauge; 1” length syringes. I prefer a bit wider gauge to ease up on resistance, and a slightly longer length just to provide a bit more leeway when I’m turning and twisting to hit my own injection site. I find 20 gauge; 1.5” length perfect!

(The Testosterone and syringes are paid in full, with no out-of-pocket costs to us.)

In addition, we add an androgen and anabolic steroid (AAS) to Jim’s injection, in order to build up and maintain muscle mass lost through chemo and radiation:

(We must get Nandrolone Decanoate compounded and pay for it out-of-pocket. But no complaints at all. Among all medications for either of us, I believe this is the only one that isn’t covered completely. A $300, 12ml vial is a 6-month supply.)

Prior to going to the injectable form of Testosterone, we both were doing AndroGel for about 5 years. That’s about when labs showed that it was no longer working. Turns out we had lost enough subcutaneous fat to prevent the gel from being absorbed. Jim was given Testim gel to try then, since not all testosterone gels are bio-equivalents, but still, the sub-q fat issue prevented it from working also. In all honesty though, I prefer injecting twice a month. I find it a more convenient schedule to just do it and be done for the next two weeks. And I’ve had other issues requiring injections since my 30’s – so I have no issues or reluctance regarding needles.

I inject 2.5ml Delatestryl every three weeks in the butt too. My wife gives them to me because I have severe back pain and it bothers me to twist like that. Before my injections my libido was terrible. I couldn't care less if I ever had sex again. Now, I am like a 20 year old. When I come in the house the fish play dead.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Larry

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:29 am

CTR5000 wrote:I do both my and my husband Jim’s Testosterone Cypionate injections every 2 weeks. (Jim would pass out trying to do his own or mine!) Injected in our glutes (butt). Originally we were supplied with 22 gauge; 1” length syringes. I prefer a bit wider gauge to ease up on resistance, and a slightly longer length just to provide a bit more leeway when I’m turning and twisting to hit my own injection site. I find 20 gauge; 1.5” length perfect!

I agree Colin, I hated the Gel.. It stunk, got on my clothes and didn't work. :(

Larry

antman90

Postby antman90 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:37 am

I injected T once a week for about 8 months in order to address ED.... as my T was in the 200s. This was at a men's clinic as my urologist was worthless. It did give me more energy and made me stronger at the gym. However my blood pressure went up, I gained weight and my balls shrank a bit .. despite being on HCG to supposedly maintain testicles from shrinking and maintain fertility... I was also on anastrozole to control estrogen. Did it help my ED? Not really. However I never followed up with repeat blood tests so I never knew where i stood. They say that out of all causes of ED.... hormonal imbalances are one of the Least probable causes. Testosterone is hardly ever the culprit in ED. I do plan on gettting it tested again to see where i stand... I will find a good urologist ... and push for a penile Doppler test to see if I have a venous leak.
27, divorced no kids, ED since as long as I can remember, don't know the cause. Pills work but hate the sides/planning. Leaning towards an implant.

happycamper59

Postby happycamper59 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:58 am

I used to get monthly T-shots at my primary care doctor's office. That brought my T level up to the low end of the normal range. Then the insurance company stopped paying for them, so I had to quit.

So then I started on a GNC pack of vitamins for T, etc., until I found online that GNC lowered the dosages of the key vitamins. It was about $32 a month.

Now I buy the key vitamins at Walmart and get the correct dosage as before, and save. Bonus: My annual checkup earlier this year shows my T level back up to the low end of the normal range! :idea: Do the vitamins work? I would say so, although my uro doubts it.
ED for 25 years. Went through pills and currently injecting Trimix. Implant is now scheduled for June 3! :D

mlc2010

Postby mlc2010 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:20 pm

why would you inject nandrolone to boost muscle mass, when you can up the dose of testosterone and do the same thing?

Deca can cause some sexual issues, and the metabolites linger around for a long time after. At least if you just up the dose of testosterone, you will have the muscle gain/maintain benefits and literally no sexual side effects

CTR5000

Postby CTR5000 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:13 am

mlc2010 wrote:why would you inject nandrolone to boost muscle mass, when you can up the dose of testosterone and do the same thing?

Deca can cause some sexual issues, and the metabolites linger around for a long time after. At least if you just up the dose of testosterone, you will have the muscle gain/maintain benefits and literally no sexual side effects

Because Nandrolone Decanoate works WONDERFULLY in cases of Wasting Syndrome. Not only has it done amazing things for Jim but I was prescribed it about 15 years ago when a drug caused me to lose nearly all my muscle mass; caused anorexia; caused insomnia... every possible side effect and not one of the intended therapeutic effects. Nandrolone Decanoate saved my life. As our doctor at the time said: Comparing Nandrolone Decanoate to Testosterone is like comparing Heavy Duty Motor Oil to water.

And the same is showing for Jim. Nothing but great effects: muscle mass building up from a dangerous and deadly level of muscle loss. There are no sexual issues that could possibly be hindered with Jim, so there are absolutely no possibilities of sexual side effects. There DO come times in life for some, when sex isn't everything... or anything.

I could go into the insane and unethical ploy that Watson Pharmaceuticals did a few years ago when they said they could "no longer get the raw materials" to manufacture Nandrolone Decanoate literally overnight... BUT they now have a drug [Oxandrin] that only sells for $1,700 a month compared to about $30/month for Nandrolone Decanoate; has "extras" thrown in like being carcinogenic; AND doesn't really build muscle mass at all! (But sure makes their stock holders happy!) But I won't.

mlc2010

Postby mlc2010 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:07 am

CTR5000 wrote:
Because Nandrolone Decanoate works WONDERFULLY in cases of Wasting Syndrome. Not only has it done amazing things for Jim but I was prescribed it about 15 years ago when a drug caused me to lose nearly all my muscle mass; caused anorexia; caused insomnia... every possible side effect and not one of the intended therapeutic effects. Nandrolone Decanoate saved my life. As our doctor at the time said: Comparing Nandrolone Decanoate to Testosterone is like comparing Heavy Duty Motor Oil to water.

And the same is showing for Jim. Nothing but great effects: muscle mass building up from a dangerous and deadly level of muscle loss. There are no sexual issues that could possibly be hindered with Jim, so there are absolutely no possibilities of sexual side effects. There DO come times in life for some, when sex isn't everything... or anything.

I could go into the insane and unethical ploy that Watson Pharmaceuticals did a few years ago when they said they could "no longer get the raw materials" to manufacture Nandrolone Decanoate literally overnight... BUT they now have a drug [Oxandrin] that only sells for $1,700 a month compared to about $30/month for Nandrolone Decanoate; has "extras" thrown in like being carcinogenic; AND doesn't really build muscle mass at all! (But sure makes their stock holders happy!) But I won't.

fair enough, I see your point

yes oxandrin is anavar, a very weak steroid, and one that female users use. Comparing nandrolone to oxandrin would be like comparing nuclear fuel to water vapour :)

did nandrolone build up his muscle mass even without working out?

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:12 pm

mlc2010 wrote:
CTR5000 wrote:

fair enough, I see your point

yes oxandrin is anavar, a very weak steroid, and one that female users use. Comparing nandrolone to oxandrin would be like comparing nuclear fuel to water vapour :)

did nandrolone build up his muscle mass even without working out?

keysdude

Postby keysdude » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:16 pm

Started injecting last week. Uro has me injecting every two weeks. Numbers pre injecting were at 174. How long before I feel any effect and see numbers go up? Weeks, Months, year?

Return to “General Discussion”