Would the size come back after implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Captn20

Would the size come back after implant?

Postby Captn20 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:37 pm

Regrettably I've noticed, and so did my lady, that I've lost some of my measurement. I'll be getting the implant in a few weeks. Would I get back to my previous measurement?
Captn20
61 yrs old, ED started after prostatectomy May 2016. Surgery May 11, 2018; Dr. Eid Titan 22.

Lost Sheep

Re: Would the size come back after implant?

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:01 pm

It is possible, but the probability is much better if you help it along. Stretching (particularly with a Vacuum Erection Device, which also draws oxygenated or partially oxygenated blood into the penis) will preserve elasticity to those tissues which are now slowly shrinking a little each day without erections.

This is an opinion. Some people do not believe the foregoing. Even reknowned surgeons. But every surgeon I have communicated with believe it does not hurt to do it. This included Dr. Eid.

Look up the paper by Drs. Sellers and Dineen (do a search and find a link. It has been mentioned several times)
edit: here is one link to a summary of the paper
http://file.scirp.org/Html/3-1990021_27133.htm

I vacuumed for a year before implant and my size is a little bit greater than before, so I am a believer.

The Sellers-Dineen paper recommended 60 days as a minimum, but the first two weeks showed the greatest growth in the study's patients, so even a short time of rehabilitation through vacuum therapy, I think, is worthwhile.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Captn20

Postby Captn20 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:05 pm

Thanks.
Off and on I've been doing that. Thinking the same way that you do. I've only had ED for less than two years and my hope is that I can recoup the loss after implant.
Captn20
61 yrs old, ED started after prostatectomy May 2016. Surgery May 11, 2018; Dr. Eid Titan 22.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:06 am

To balance the equation:
I wasn’t on FT, I didn’t watch any videos and I didn’t ask many questions...I travelled for 2000 miles to have my operation....I simply trusted my doctor.
I hadn’t had night erections for a couple of years but had pretty good ones with Caverject.....and no prostate issues (lucky)......I forgot to stretch and measure beforehand. All I can say is immediately post op (13 months ago) my cock was stumpy and swollen. Now, after 12 months of cycling twice a day for 15 to 30 mins my dick is over 6” flaccid, a bit over 7” erect and just under 6” in girth.
I never considered I was anything more than normal when I was younger but then Aussies don’t often go around to their mate’s house to compare dicks and you would probably get smacked in the head if caught looking at another man’s crotch so;........I am more than pleased with my outcome and can only say from experience that my Titan has definitely gotten slightly longer over 13 months......not massively but it is longer and may well be around what I was pre op. :)
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:55 am

Captn,
Most of my life I had a 5" flaccid and 6.5" erect penis. After 30 years of ED, but especially after having a Prostatectomy it was down to fully retracted most of the time, but ocassionally up to 2" under perfect conditions when flaccid and 4.5" when I could get it hard.

Now I am 6 months post-op and my deflated length is 5" and 6" fully pumped. It has been that size for several month. I am cycling my AMS LGX twice daily so with its potential to expand it is possible I will get back to my God-given size.

I did not do any pumping prior to implant surgery. My opinion, in your case with not much time before your surgery, you will not recapture any lost length, but it will likely help your shaft be more flexible to maximize the size of the implant the doctor can use. Best wishes.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Aggiesean

Postby Aggiesean » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:10 am

I'm noticing that most are reporting 5.5" to 6" in girth after a period of time with regular cycling. I'm 5 weeks out from my titan implant surgery and I have been cycling for the past two weeks. My flaccid state is about 6" and fully pumped about 7". My girth is only 5". My pre-implant length was closer to 8". Never occurred to me to measure girth, but I was thicker than I am now. I was still able to get full blown erections up until surgery time. I couldn't maintain however. So I don't think I really suffered any atrophy. I used a VED for a few months pre-implant. For those of you with a titan implant, can we expect to all be roughly the same girth eventually? Is it expected that we increase in girth with softening of the cylinders? What gains have any of you appreciated? Timeframe?
50 yo single gay male. Lifetime ED. Arterial insufficiency, peyronies. Pills, injections eventually failed. Implanted Coloplast titan feb 19, 2018 Hakky, MD Atlanta

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:27 am

Aggiesean wrote:I'm noticing that most are reporting 5.5" to 6" in girth after a period of time with regular cycling. I'm 5 weeks out from my titan implant surgery and I have been cycling for the past two weeks. My flaccid state is about 6" and fully pumped about 7". My girth is only 5". My pre-implant length was closer to 8". Never occurred to me to measure girth, but I was thicker than I am now. I was still able to get full blown erections up until surgery time. I couldn't maintain however. So I don't think I really suffered any atrophy. I used a VED for a few months pre-implant. For those of you with a titan implant, can we expect to all be roughly the same girth eventually? Is it expected that we increase in girth with softening of the cylinders? What gains have any of you appreciated? Timeframe?

Give it some time... that very impressive weapon will most likely return. You could always try the VED if your doctor says it's ok. :)

Larry

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:44 am

Aggiesean,
I have an AMS but just want to say your body is stil in the early stages of healing. For me at five weeks I thought I was fully pumped, but as my tissues healed and the pump bulb loosened up I could get more pumps in and my length increased over an inch from your early stage. You will probably gain more in time.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Captn20

Postby Captn20 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:23 am

These are very encouraging. Loss of length for me is noticeable; somewhere around .5-1 inch! Never measured the girth before ED. I did the pump yesterday and after many days of trying I'm now closer to 7-7.5. Really not sure what it was before ED. I think that's all I had. Never focused on it; it did the job :D Up until days ago I couldn't pump it past 5.5-6! The lower half of penis is very "girthy" and upper half much less than before ED. So when I pump, the lower part fills the tube much faster and the pressure/pain won't let me continue pumping. It's weird! So if there's any atrophy, it may be happening in the upper half, if that makes any sense.
My only erections now are with injection and that's only 70-80% of full erection and I try to have that at least once a week, if not more, to prevent atrophy. I've come from being a fully active man sexually two years ago to complete ED right after my prostate cancer two years ago. Oh it's a shock :shock:
Would the atrophy (if any) go away after implant?
Captn20

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:13 pm

Time, patience and cycling gentlemen :D
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Return to “Implants”