Severe Depression and Anxiety post implant

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
DepressedSwede

Severe Depression and Anxiety post implant

Postby DepressedSwede » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:00 pm

Hello all,

I got implanted for 18 months ago and for about 4 weeks ago I had a case of Balanitis (infection/inflammation of the foreskin) that I treated with Fucidin H cream.
The day after I first started the cream, I got burning pain over the glans and also internal burning. I stopped the treatment after 5-6 days and the pain is still the same or worse.
The cream contains hydrocortisone which might thin the skin, I am wondering if the cream has caused something very bad to happen.
The penis has changed color and the glans is constantly red/irrititated, if I press down on the tips of the implant I can feel pain.
I have seen my surgeon and he says that there are no signs of penile implant infection, but the pain still continues every day.

Now I am left with severe depression and anxiety that I have never experienced before.
I am crying and having panic attacks every day and I have not left my house for 5 weeks.
Currently living with my parents and they are greatly affected by this and they are breaking down every day because of my mental state which makes me feel even worse.
I am thinking of suicide every day but I do not want to destroy my parents and brothers life.
I am shaking and crying even when writing this, I blame myself for using the cream which might have destroyed me for life.

Sorry, I just wanted to ventilate..
Last edited by DepressedSwede on Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swedish 29 year old, implanted with a Titan 2016.

David_R

Re: Severe Depression and Anxiety post implant

Postby David_R » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Dearest DepressedSwede, please don't do anything like you mentioned in your post. I am sorry that the cream you used for balantis caused/causes so much pain. Surely a doctor can do something about that so you don't have to suffer. I am not a medical professional, but I would doubt that a cream applied to the external penis would effect the implant which is internal. Please contact me privately if you would like to. (I talked with another guy in another setting last night who was considering suicide, so this will not be an unusual topic for me.)

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:25 pm

Swede,
Please reach out to David_R or me. please see my PM.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

DepressedSwede

Postby DepressedSwede » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:02 pm

Thank you so much for your support.
I really need to talk to someone that has been implanted.
I feel so alone with this at such a young age.

David_R wrote:Dearest DepressedSwede, please don't do anything like you mentioned in your post. I am sorry that the cream you used for balantis caused/causes so much pain. Surely a doctor can do something about that so you don't have to suffer. I am not a medical professional, but I would doubt that a cream applied to the external penis would effect the implant which is internal. Please contact me privately if you would like to. (I talked with another guy in another setting last night who was considering suicide, so this will not be an unusual topic for me.)

DepressedSwede

Postby DepressedSwede » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:03 pm

Thank you for your concern,
I really appreciate the support.
I have answered your PM.

radioradio wrote:Swede,
Please reach out to David_R or me. please see my PM.
Bob

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:56 am

DepressedSwede wrote:Hello all,

I got implanted for 18 months ago and for about 4 weeks ago I had a case of Balanitis (infection/inflammation of the foreskin) that I treated with Fucidin H cream.
The day after I first started the cream, I got burning pain over the glans and also internal burning. I stopped the treatment after 5-6 days and the pain is still the same or worse.
The cream contains hydrocortisone which might thin the skin, I am wondering if the cream has caused something very bad to happen.
The penis has changed color and the glans is constantly red/irrititated, if I press down on the tips of the implant I can feel pain.
I have seen my surgeon and he says that there are no signs of penile implant infection, but the pain still continues every day.

Now I am left with severe depression and anxiety that I have never experienced before.
I am crying and having panic attacks every day and I have not left my house for 5 weeks.
Currently living with my parents and they are greatly affected by this and they are breaking down every day because of my mental state which makes me feel even worse.
I am thinking of suicide every day but I do not want to destroy my parents and brothers life.
I am shaking and crying even when writing this, I blame myself for using the cream which might have destroyed me for life.

Sorry, I just wanted to ventilate..

That is the exact condition I had and the reason for two of the three circumcisions. You need to talk to me. We are physically and mentally the same but I am on the mend. If you are interested in talking to me you can PM me and I will give you my phone number. If it's today, you will have to call me. I am just getting released from hospital and they are expecting a huge snow storm all the way to my town and beyond which is a 7 hour drive. All I have is my cell phone. If it is tomorrow or later I can call you... I have a long distance telephone plan on my home phone. In the meantime, do NOTHING. You really need to chat with me. I can give you hope because I have the same thing and it sounds like maybe the same treatment. PLEASE LET ME HELP YOU.

Larry

Robert-CA

Postby Robert-CA » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:04 pm

I'm very sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing.

For anyone who is experiencing severe anxiety or depression, see a doctor right away!

There are prescription drugs that can help "take the edge off" and help you feel better right away. Your doctor can also refer you to a therapist to help work through the emotions you are experiencing.

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:45 pm

Dear DepressedSwede

I am sad for you. Depression is the worst illness I have had. It was cured with psychiatry and medicine. The same as my urologist treated my ED. I recommend you find a good psychiatrist.
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:27 am

My skin blew right off and glans bled for six months from a antibiotic called levofloxin. No one knew how to treat it. Finally went to a dermatologist,IT IS SKIN. He has it under control now. PM me for medication he prescribed. I would immediately get a appointment with a dermatologist.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:15 am

ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”