pain and autoinflation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Aggiesean

pain and autoinflation

Postby Aggiesean » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:30 pm

hey guys. I'm almost 5 weeks post implant surgery. have a great surgeon and apparently no signs of infection thank god. I am still in a good bit of pain when wearing business attire. my job requires that I'm pretty active and that I move around a lot. I dread the morning because I will have to somehow manage to package the thing in a way that doesn't hurt as much. and of course, it hurts constantly during the day. I can easily deflate the device to the smallest I can get it- which is still more than 5 inches flaccid. ive tried to dress down, up, to the side without relief. in whatever direction its packaged as I move around, or bend over to pick something off the floor it crimps throughout the day I have to find the time and privacy to deflate it about every 3 hours. it seems to reinflate somehow. I know how to get all the fluid out as much as possible so that I feel just the plastic cylinders like a flat gardenhose with dogears. ive tried pumping half a pump or a full pump to lock the valve or not at all with the same result it seems to refill with liquid. is this common? when does the constant pain in your dick stop when moving around? any suggestions for the re-inflating penis. most of the day I run around feeling like I have an erection, though its not fully erect, that wont fit in my pants like when I was a teenager. almost sounds like a good thing. not so much....
50 yo single gay male. Lifetime ED. Arterial insufficiency, peyronies. Pills, injections eventually failed. Implanted Coloplast titan feb 19, 2018 Hakky, MD Atlanta

mikestap

Re: pain and autoinflation

Postby mikestap » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:48 pm

I am 3 months since my Titan implant, also by Dr. Hakky. I have had similar experience, but it does get better.
Talk to Dr. Hakky about the frequent reinflation. He takes pride in his work and wants us to be satisfied.
64 Years. RALP 2013. Received 22cm Titan Dec 20, 2017 by Dr Hakky. See results at download/file.php?id=5320 and download/file.php?id=4754
Revision 3-25-21 24 cm XL No RTE

gymguytupelo

Postby gymguytupelo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:51 pm

You have the one touch?
[b]first implant 11/11/13 Titan OTR. 18cm 1.5cm rte.
Dr Christine Birmingham, AL. St Vincent's Hospital.
Total device failure 9/6/17. Total replacement 9/21/17. 21cm 1.5 rte
Total failure AGAIN 3/4/18 :-( Surgery set for 3/22/18

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:00 pm

After you get all the fluid out. Do a "quick" squeeze to stop auto inflate. If you are do8ng alot of heavy lifting it is possible for your muscles to squeeze the resiviour. I think it would require some serious muscle tighten

Aggiesean

Postby Aggiesean » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:22 pm

Thanks for the responses! Sorry and glad to hear that others have experienced the same and that it will improve. I don't have the titan otr but instead the previous model. The deflation tabs are long and rectangular As opposed to the round buttons. And hugh, when you say give it a quick squeeze, do you mean the shaft or the inflation bulb? And, Mike how long before your dick stopped hurting thru most of the day? And, do you still feel the pain of bending from constriction in underwear now? I do have an appt at Hakky's office next week. Again, thanks for sharing info!
50 yo single gay male. Lifetime ED. Arterial insufficiency, peyronies. Pills, injections eventually failed. Implanted Coloplast titan feb 19, 2018 Hakky, MD Atlanta

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:38 pm

Do youvthink an athletic supporter (jock strap) might help keep things "organized"?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:58 pm

The bulb after you squezee and milk your dick to get all the fluid out. When I do mine it looks funny and deformed till I do the bulb squeeze. You patient educator can help

mikestap

Postby mikestap » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:08 pm

Aggiesean,
The thing you have to keep in mind is this is a process. Each day yields small incremental improvements in our bodies' ability to adjust to our new equipment. I can 't say that there was one particular point at which all pain had diminished, but what I can say is that at 13 weeks, I am much better than I was at 5.

At 13 weeks, I am still conscious of how I have positioned my dick. When I bend over to pick something up, when I get in the car, I am able to make a quick assessment about whether it will be okay, or I'm about to compress it in a way that reminds me I have an implant. I can swiftly adjust it to minimize that risk and I've convinced myself this action is indiscernible to those who may be around me.

I am convinced that I will be sporting a bulge in my paints for a good long while, particularly when wearing lightweight business attire. Part of this may be because of the underwear I prefer to wear. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9676&p=78208&hilit=stageman#p78209 . These have been effective in keeping my shaft and glans comfortable through the day and cushioning the jolts from routine physical activity. There is discussion of underwear choices at this link and elsewhere on this forum. I plan to explore wearing compression shorts to see if I can rein things in a bit more. I was not thrilled with this idea a few weeks ago, but as I said, this is a process and things do improve with time.

My wife and I were discussing this matter just this morning. She said that my bulge is very apparent to even the most casual observer, whereas I thought that it was evident to her because she knows about my implant and my challenges, and she's my lover, with a greater propensity to look at my crotch than someone else. She's probably right.

So, if I can summarize, the pain will diminish with time. Slow progress every day. At 13 weeks, most of my day is oblivious to the implant. The bulge in my pants continues.

I said earlier that you should talk to Dr. Hakky. Be sure to discuss the autoinflate with him. Because I had a RALP, he placed my reservoir on my right side, and he suspects the position under the muscle contributes to high pressure on the reservoir. As Hugh suggested, I also find it hard to believe that the pressure could be focused to such an extent that it releases a valve on the reservoir, but when I discussed this with the doc, he offered to fix it. I told him I felt it was "manageable,” and he responded that "manageable was not good enough.” He wants us to be satisfied. So talk to him.

Best of luck to you.
Mike
Last edited by mikestap on Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
64 Years. RALP 2013. Received 22cm Titan Dec 20, 2017 by Dr Hakky. See results at download/file.php?id=5320 and download/file.php?id=4754
Revision 3-25-21 24 cm XL No RTE

Aggiesean

Postby Aggiesean » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:04 pm

Mike, thank you so much. Everything you’ve just described is what’s happenng. I’m so glad to hear from another on of Hakky’s patients. And, so glad to hear it gets better. The head games. I’m constantly aware of it. Altbough, it is getting better. I’m back at the gym and I found that I have to keep a gym towel handy to cover up the obscenity in my loosely fitted gym shorts. Today I was At the gym and realized I may not always want to keep it covered :lol: :lol: Thanks again for the insight!

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:08 pm

Aggiesean,

I had exactly the same concerns as you for my first month or so, but now at 14 weeks everything is dramatically improved. There's no longer any discomfort from the cylinder folds during a full day of various activities. The implant seems to soften up and the penis adjusts and toughens up on the inside, at least that's how it feels to me. This softening also means the penis hangs at 5:00 now and I was able to return to wearing jockey briefs and point up with no bulge. For the gym I found that either a full jock strap or a swimmer's jock strap will handle all situations. The swimmer's jock strap can even be worn under a Speedo to keep everything tight.

The autoinflation phenomenon has been discussed a lot, put "autoinflation" in the search box. My first few times cycling I was sure the implant was autoinflating even after I squeezed it flaccid and did a couple of quick pumps to set the valve closed. What I believe now is that the implant isn't autoinflating but blood is returning to the penile shaft after you squeezed it to deflate. So the penis does get chubbier from the blood returning but the implant cylinders remain deflated. You can probably feel for the cylinders to confirm they haven't partially inflated.

So as the others said, just give it more time, everything keeps improving.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Return to “Implants”