The difference in inplants

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rancherejim

The difference in inplants

Postby rancherejim » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:25 pm

I finely have my surgery date of May 2nd. They asked me what kind of implant that I wanted. I have read for days on the subject but can't come to a conclusion. My DR. uses Coloplast or the AMS. He said the AMS looks more natural when flaccid and not as hard when erect. The Coloplast is larger when flaccid but harder when erect. I was pretty nervous the day I talked to him.
Has anybody on here have a little more information that I either didn't hear or didn't find written somewhere?
I thought the Dr. made the decision on which one to use. Of course I'm like all the other men, I want to wind up larger and thicker but I'm reading where most wind up a little smaller. I would like more natural when soft but harder when erect. Maybe I'm a dreamer?
Any information will be appreciated. Thank you.
77 years old, married 58 years. Had ED for the last 10 years or so.
May 2nd, 2018 Coloplast Titan implanted, 24cm with 1cm RTE's. All went well so far.

cincinnatus1951

Re: The difference in inplants

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:51 pm

Jim: I donl;t think it makes a lot of difference. I have a Titan and am very pleased with it. Never had an AMS, so I can;t compare. Maybe find some guys who have had both and ask. I've seen both opinions over a couple of year perioid. i thik it is a case of beauty being in the eye of the beholder.
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:07 pm

rancherejim wrote:I finely have my surgery date of May 2nd. They asked me what kind of implant that I wanted. I have read for days on the subject but can't come to a conclusion. My DR. uses Coloplast or the AMS. He said the AMS looks more natural when flaccid and not as hard when erect. The Coloplast is larger when flaccid but harder when erect. I was pretty nervous the day I talked to him.
Has anybody on here have a little more information that I either didn't hear or didn't find written somewhere?
I thought the Dr. made the decision on which one to use. Of course I'm like all the other men, I want to wind up larger and thicker but I'm reading where most wind up a little smaller. I would like more natural when soft but harder when erect. Maybe I'm a dreamer?
Any information will be appreciated. Thank you.

The AMS modesl (CX, and LGX) are more flexible when flaccid than the Colopast Titan is when flaccid.

The AMS models are less rigid when inflated than the Titan when inflated. But all are more than plenty stiff enough for penetrative sex and most partners (seem to, by the reports I have read) find all models can be pumped up beyond comfortable levels (comfortable for the implantee's partner). So, most implantees do not pump any of the devices fully for sex. The AMS devices are plenty stiff enough and the Coloplast is WAY stiffer.

The Titan is used for men who NEED the extra stiffness because of undesirable curvature/Peyronie's disease or who have larger penises that would benefit from the greather moment of inertia provided by the Titan's larger diameter and stiffer material. (Look up "Moment of Intertia" in civil engineering contexts)

I read a two papers a while ago comparing the devices. One, by Dr. Bruce Garber is very good and describing the devices. The other goes deeper into the experiences of the users and their partners.

I will post links when I can find them again. Right now I am fixing breakfast for my girlfriend.

EDIT: I have poste3d link to one of the articles and also a different article that may be on interest. 3/14/18, Look for it below

Pump operations between the two manufacturers' devices can also be a significant difference.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:06 pm

I have the Titan and yes it gives a Semi look even when deflated but I love it.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:22 pm

rancherejim wrote:I would like more natural when soft but harder when erect.

My 2 cents worth. After having ED for 20 years, I don't give a crap what the implant is like when flaccid, I want a firm fucking dick. I would want a Titan for that reason. However, if my wife found it too hard, I know I can dial it down. When we could do sexual gymnastics, the old dick would take a beating. So I would hope the Titan could take it too. However, I'm not in the same physical condition I was 20 years ago.

However, I know doctors have different reasons to use AMS or Coloplast. So in the end I would trust my doctor. But I would tell them my preference.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:56 pm

I was given a choice of both brands but left it up to my doctor and together we arrived at the AMS LGX being best for what I wanted from it. Yes, a Titan gets harder, but my LGX gets so hard my wife and I both enjoy sex more when I don’t fully inflate it. There is absolutely no reason for more hardness. I think from what I have read that is more important for guys with larger penises. I am at the gym 5 or more days a week and swim laps so I like the less rigid AMS in my Speedo so I don’t look like I have a semi. I am also a nude model for artists and with my LGX I have a more natural hang and when I recline my penis rests against my body. From what I understand with a Titan it would stick out more when standing and stand up when laying. That would be awkward when nude for a college class. I made the right choice for me, my penis size, and my lifestyle.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:47 pm

"I will post links when I can find them again. Right now I am fixing breakfast for my girlfriend."

Lost Sheep not lost anymore!
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:01 pm

ocitgo wrote:"I will post links when I can find them again. Right now I am fixing breakfast for my girlfriend."

Lost Sheep not lost anymore!

There is a quote (apocriphal) attributed to that master woodsman, Daneil Boone.

“I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks.”
or
“I've never been lost, but I was mighty turned around for three days once.”
and other permutations thereof.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Captn20

Postby Captn20 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:24 pm

Spikepork wrote:I have the Titan and yes it gives a Semi look even when deflated but I love it.

Based on my readings, Titan is the implant of my choice when I take the plunge within the next few weeks. My doctor agreed with me. A Youtube video summarized the difference of Titan and AMS as:
"Titan is harder when it is hard and AMS is softer when it is soft". I think that sums it up.
Now, with Titan is your erection really a boner? That's what me and my lady are looking for.
Captn20
61 yrs old, ED started after prostatectomy May 2016. Surgery May 11, 2018; Dr. Eid Titan 22.

pianoman

Postby pianoman » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:17 pm

It depends on the size of your penis, in my opinion. I had the Ams LGX 21cm , it was too small. My wife never did like it. It failed after 6 years. So on 12/18/17 I got coloplast titan XL 24 Cm. It fits, and it does gain length with regular pumping twice a day. When I first started pumping mine was about 7.5" now, today it measures 8.25" If your penis is under 6" I would get the AMS LGX. If you are 6" or more I would go with Coloplast titan.

Good luck,
Pianoman
Pianoman married 73 yrs old 1st implant on Oct. 21, 2011 AMS LGX 700 21 cm. By McHugh Failed Oct. 15, 2017 Found Dr. Hakky Atl, Ga Got 2nd. implant Dec. 28, 20017 Coloplast Titan XL 24cm. procedure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGKL0XDDHYQ

Return to “Implants”