How long to wait after implant surgery to inflate?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Dared24

How long to wait after implant surgery to inflate?

Postby Dared24 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:50 am

Dr Kramer said I could inflate and resume sex at 3 weeks. I am trying to decide whether to wait 3 weeks or 4. I feel no pain or discomfort right now and as far as I can tell the incision is healed up. This Wednesday February 7 will be 3 weeks since my surgery. I'd like to get some opinions from those who have been through the recovery already.
25 years old, implanted January 2018 by Dr. Andrew Kramer with AMS LGX 700 3 piece for severe peyronies disease and ed.

jackhammerdreamz

Re: How long to wait after implant surgery to inflate?

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:44 pm

Apologies I haven't gone through recover yet (implanting tomorrow)
BUT most advice on here I've seen is listen to your doc.

Inflate at their suggested times.

Now they can't force you to have sex lol. I would say that's more on your own time.
But inflation schedules or cycling is an important part of healing.

I'll let others speak but wanted to give what help I could.

Also congrats on becoming bionic...

Oh and Larry will tell you to create a signature with some info like when implanted, ed history, etc.

Cheers
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:48 pm

Dared24 wrote:Dr Kramer said I could inflate and resume sex at 3 weeks. I am trying to decide whether to wait 3 weeks or 4. I feel no pain or discomfort right now and as far as I can tell the incision is healed up. This Wednesday February 7 will be 3 weeks since my surgery. I'd like to get some opinions from those who have been through the recovery already.

Yeah and he doesn't have an implant. Unless you like pain it will be more like 4 or 5 weeks.

Larry

Dared24

Postby Dared24 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:02 pm

The way I see it I can't go wrong by waiting longer but I can go wrong by inflating too soon so if there is a question of whether it's safe or not I will wait.
25 years old, implanted January 2018 by Dr. Andrew Kramer with AMS LGX 700 3 piece for severe peyronies disease and ed.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:10 pm

Your body will tell you if it is too soon.

Dr K has seen your interior and rendered his opinion on how to handle your anatomy,

Your other questionm about potentially downsides of waiting too long. "Pseudo-capsule" is a term on which you might do well to perform a search in FrankTalk.

By all means be cautious. But Dr Kramer is VERY GOOD about answering enailed questions quickly. He will give you the assurance and guidance you seek, I am sure.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:28 pm

There isn't a standard answer. Each of us had a slightly different surgical experience and heal at different rates. In my case I had a Penoscrotal incision but also had Scrotoplasty surgery at the same time so my incisions and stiches were more extensive. I started gently masturbating at three weeks but my surgeon asked me to wait until 5 weeks to have seX.

I recall at 4 weeks my glans was slightly tender from the cylinder tips so I imagine sex would have been uncomfortable. By the fifth week that sensation was gone. In case you have not read it in some posts, it seems a lot of guys (and their partners) prefer sex when the implant is not fully pumped. For me and my wife we both agree about 75-80% inflated is a better feeling.

Best wishes,
Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Dared24

Postby Dared24 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:58 pm

Thanks for the information I will try to listen to my body. I had very minimal swelling and pain was pretty much gone after a week. I think I probably heal quickly because I am young. Additionally Kramer is a very good surgeon which I'm sure makes a difference in the healing process.

Dared24

Postby Dared24 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:17 pm

What are you talking about Pseudo-capsul? I searched the forum and could not come to a conclusion what it is..

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:48 pm

Dared24 wrote:What are you talking about Pseudo-capsul? I searched the forum and could not come to a conclusion what it is..

Here is a link to a summary of the paper I found online that made me think of mentioning it here.

While it is only a summary (I dan't find the full article just now) it does ratify the concept of cycling for the first six months after implant (or longer) and as soon as possible after the implant.

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... prosthesis

Hint: You misspelled "pseudo-capsule", which is probably why you did not find the several mentions it has had on the implants section of FrankTalk. The phrase "coffin effect' also refers to the same condition.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:20 am

This part is funny to me: "The pseudo capsule limits the dimension of the penis and the prosthesis can only move like a “sliding door” inside it forward during activation and backward when it is deactivated. The result is a larger penis in flaccid state but smaller in erect phase."
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Return to “Implants”