Late Infections

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DepressedSwede

Late Infections

Postby DepressedSwede » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:06 pm

Anyone had an late infection of the the implant (more than one year after being implanted)?
What were your symptoms?
Swedish 29 year old, implanted with a Titan 2016.

ThePlumber1964

Re: Late Infections

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:39 pm

Larry got infection. I don’t know how late after the surgery, but he can provide information about the signs and symptoms.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:51 pm

ThePlumber1964 wrote:Larry got infection. I don’t know how late after the surgery, but he can provide information about the signs and symptoms.

I did indeed. It was one month post op. I was still on Percocet and dilauded (both heavy duty pain killers) and yet still in pain. There was bleeding and still quite swollen. One day I would have a low grade temp, the next day sweats and a temp over 104. The straw that broke the camels back is when I started hallucinating. My wife said I was talking to nobody and drinking from my cup that wasn't there. When I saw the surgeon, I was admitted and booked for surgery in less than twenty minutes. :)

Larry

DepressedSwede

Postby DepressedSwede » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:33 pm

Damn, that seems like some severe symptoms!
I am sure that your next procedure will be a success. :D

From my understanding, it seems like late infections are more subtle and less dramatic.
They are a lot harder to diagnose since there usually are no apparent clinical signs of infection, other than new chronic pain.
That's why I am wondering if anyone has experienced this, even though late infections seems to be exceedingly rare.
I might be experiencing one at the moment, feeling very lost and alone, since no one seems to have experienced this and the surgeon can't tell if it is infected or not.

Larry10625 wrote:
ThePlumber1964 wrote:Larry got infection. I don’t know how late after the surgery, but he can provide information about the signs and symptoms.

I did indeed. It was one month post op. I was still on Percocet and dilauded (both heavy duty pain killers) and yet still in pain. There was bleeding and still quite swollen. One day I would have a low grade temp, the next day sweats and a temp over 104. The straw that broke the camels back is when I started hallucinating. My wife said I was talking to nobody and drinking from my cup that wasn't there. When I saw the surgeon, I was admitted and booked for surgery in less than twenty minutes. :)

Larry
Swedish 29 year old, implanted with a Titan 2016.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:42 pm

DepressedSwede wrote:Damn, that seems like some severe symptoms!
I am sure that your next procedure will be a success :).

From my understanding, it seems like late infections are more subtle and less dramatic.
They are a lot harder to diagnose since there usually are no apparent clinical signs of infection, other than new chronic pain.
That's why I am wondering if anyone has experienced this, even though late infections seems to be exceedingly rare.

Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

Watch for fever, it's a BIGGIE.... Lisa reminded me of another thing I did... funny now, not so much then. I was picking up bananas off the floor in our bedroom and 0230 in the morning. When she questioned me about what I was doing, I told her I didn't know why I was with her.... :0

Larry

Return to “Implants”