Hello from a newbie!

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
newbie443

Re: Hello from a newbie!

Postby newbie443 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:38 am

I tried the 30 gauge needles and they do help with the pain. Still had a good size drop of blood but pain is a lot less. Injected .4 ML (40 units) and continue to have increased similar results. Baby steps. But more improvement.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:48 am

oldroller wrote:I am new also first injection 25 units at uros-not enough for penetration@nd at home upped to 35 units barely enough.My 5ml says trimix VI, 29.4-1-10.Cost was $103 including shipping & 10 syringes.Should I keep upping,ask for stronger next time or what?

I had instructions from my uro. If you do not I would call the office and ask them. I do not have a refill on my first bottle so I will need to call in at least. I will request a stronger mix.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

66 years young.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:52 am

newbie443 wrote:I tried the 30 gauge needles and they do help with the pain. Still had a good size drop of blood but pain is a lot less. Injected .4 ML (40 units) and continue to have increased similar results. Baby steps. But more improvement.

Please create a signature. It makes things much easier to answer your questions without asking a lot of questions. Here's how you do it Click on your name in the top right corner and select "user control panel"

Then under the big letters "User Control Panel" there is a row of words... select "Profile" Then down the left had side of the "User Control Panel" select "Edit Signature" (You might have Create Signature or something. I don't know exactly what you'll get because I already have a signature to edit)

Most guys put something like what I have, but you can put whatever you want. Here is mine: "AMS 700 (18 + 2 rte's). Implanted March 30, 2017 by Dr. Brock of London, Ont, CANADA. Great surgeon. Went in to septic shock and had to have implant removed April 29, 2017. Appt. for consult for second attempt is on November 24, 2017... I can't wait". From Belleville, Ontario CANADA.

Don't get too carried away with the doctor like his name, address, phone number, etc (anything that looks like advertising for him).. you can certainly say Dr. Jones (great
Dr.)

If you need further help, please ask, that's what I'm here for.:)

Larry

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:16 am

Thank you Larry I will work on that.

66 years young.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:49 pm

newbie443 wrote:Let's face it, life is not fair. There are folks in the medical field that have a dislike for this. The pharmacy that mixes my Trimix is a group that would not mix trimix if they did not have to. I do believe that. They use a really tough top to the bottle and if I tried to draw with a 27 or 30 gauge needle it would damage the needle and most likely I would not be able to get it to even go through. So I need the 22's to get the stuff out of the bottle. If that is a win for them and they can take care of me other wise I can live with. I went up there and did get 10 more syringes. 10 22 gauge and 10 30 gauge needles. First I went to Walgreens and they looked and tried to help me until they found out it was not for testosterone and was for Trimix. Told me to go away and check somewhere else. Ok so I went to Walmart. They said I needed a script for the needles. I had the label for Trimix but nope. I needed one for the syringes. When I called the pharmacy that mixes my Trimix and asked for 30 gauge needle's I was told I the 30's wouldn't go through to deliver the solution. They did have the 30's so I made the long drive up after striking out at Walgreens and Walmart. I meet a person that was nice and went to the back and spent a lot of time and found the items. Now to get a script from my doc for syringes if he will give me one for other than that pharmacy. 50 cents a set is the cost through them for the syringe and 2 needles. A little over $5 with tax for 10. Just have to see if Walmart can get them.

I think it's a state-by-state decision on whether to require a prescription for syringes. I have even run into clerks who asked if I have one, and had to be educated on this
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

once a writer

Postby once a writer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:19 pm

I buy my syringes online from a diabetic supply house called ADW. No prescription requested or presented. However, I live in a state that doesn't require scrips for syringes. Maybe the online suppliers have sales policies that are tuned to the various state laws.
Eugene, Oregon, USA. Born 1941. Married 1968. ED since mid-1990s. Began trimix January 2014. Dosage gradually increased over time. Added cock ring in 2016. After dosage reached 30 units, switched to quad mix in May 2018. On blood pressure meds.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:58 pm

I buy my testosterone injecting supplies from, Atlantic Medical Supply. I don't believe they require prescriptions, but I'm also unsure of that.
I've never bought insulin type syringes there, but they probably sell them
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Gordon

Postby Gordon » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:19 pm

My Urology center injected me the first time at the office and monitored the results. Then gave me a model of a penis to explain exactly where to inject and how to do it. Follow up appointment I was instructed to inject myself in a nurses presents to make sure I knew what I was doing and doing it correctly. Hardly like giving an instruction manual and letting me walk out the door. Good luck. Perhaps you should find another urologist.
Married 64
AMS LGX 700 2/15/2017

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:57 am

First I really want to thank everyone for all of the help I have received. You cannot know how much your replies have helped me. I would have given up before now without the information I have received on this site. I now have a much better understanding of the process and have a plan to achieve success.

That plan includes at some point obtaining Trimix from another provider that caps the bottle with a membrane so that I do not need one needle to draw the solution and another to inject. For now I will continue to work with what I have and my uro who I plan to contact next week. But I will pursue other options if needed.

Best wishes to all of you and again thank you for taking the time to write replies. Having that information at a location I can revisit will continue to help me going forward. And maybe others as I have found that I am not alone in being given minimal instructions.

66 years young.

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:59 pm

Stay with it! The next time you visit your urologist, ask him how strong your formula is on a scale of one to 10. I am not a doctor but your formula appears very, very weak. It reminds me of the watery mix my urologist started me on. Stay proactive in discussions with your doc to make this work. Good luck!
Last edited by Cigar56 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

Return to “Injections”